Duke4.net Forums: Facebook - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Facebook  "Time to sever the cord."

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Facebook will be implementing new policy changes in the new year, you're encouraged to look into it.
Not to say they aren't already doing the things proposed but now it will be thrown in your face.
Also the fact that Zuckerberg is David Rockefeller's grandson.

Just "deactivated" my account and deleted the webpage in my favorites.
Uninstalled it from my phone also and it feels good.

You would be well advised to do the same.

User is offline   Lunick 

How about a link to what is bothering you? I can't seem to find anything worrying that isn't already worrying on Facebook.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Read the policy on facebook.

or observe this.

Video

lol, fox gives a thumbs up to someone not knowing where to find the facebook policy.. I can already tell your view will be skewed.

Not going to hold your hand through it, do your own research. I'm simply pointing in the opposite direction of the cool-aid.

Not long ago it was important to maintain anonymity on the internet and then facebook comes along and wants to know EVERYTHING about you.
Ever wondered why?

Facebook founder called it's trusting users dumb f*cks also.

This post has been edited by Robman: 04 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostRobman, on 04 December 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

What exactly is the issue? Quotes preferred.

What a joke. "Info Wars." Sound the edgy alarm!

Take a look in the video description. It's full of bullshit and links to snake oil products.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Why don't you post IN WORDS what's bothering you so much? Or are you really too fucking lazy? The whole point of discussing a topic is that you present information in your own words rather than parroting some other asshat.

"Deactivate your Facebook account! Do your research and find out why!"

Too many logical fallacies to count. This is a stupid topic.

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 04 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostComrade Major, on 04 December 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

Why don't you post IN WORDS what's bothering you so much? Or are you really too fucking lazy? The whole point of discussing a topic is that you present information in your own words rather than parroting some other asshat.

"Deactivate your Facebook account! Do your research and find out why!"

Too many logical fallacies to count. This is a stupid topic.

If it's not obvious to you than this thread is not for you.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostHendricks266, on 04 December 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

Take a look in the video description. It's full of bullshit and links to snake oil products.

Yes Hendricks, I'm sure your 20 yr old brain that has spent most of it in school tucked away from the real world has all the answers. No offense.

I'm sure I'll get a slew of people with the mindset of "How dare you attack my darling facebook" but the truth can be a tough pill to swallow.

This post has been edited by Robman: 04 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

Whatever, Robman gets my thumbs up for throwing that social network bullshit in the trash. If you aren't part of the solution you're part of the problem and all that.

I don't know what the policies are and I don't much care. Fecebook sucks.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 04 December 2014 - 08:56 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostRobman, on 04 December 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

Yes Hendricks, I'm sure your 20 yr old brain that has spent most of it in school tucked away from the real world has all the answers. No offense.

Posted Image

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostRobman, on 04 December 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

If it's not obvious to you than this thread is not for you.

Even High Treason's post makes a more cogent argument than anything you've said so far. If you're done spinning, perhaps you'd like to actually state your case?

Or are you going to send me another link to InfoWars?

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

The fucking NSA already has pics of me doing cock magic, as much as I hate to say it whatever Facebook collects on me isn't really important at this point. It's all getting funneled to the Federales anyway. We can go after horrible privacy policies once we kill fucking Skynet and shove the Aquinas Protocol up Bob Page's ass.

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 04 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

• Weaponized Autism

>[Assertion]!

Why?

>Duh!

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostRobman, on 04 December 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

If that's the case, then I who am not 20 have something to say:

This post has been edited by Fox: 04 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

View PostRobman, on 04 December 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

View PostHigh Treason, on 04 December 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

Whatever, Robman gets my thumbs up for throwing that social network bullshit in the trash.

Long term effect of Social Media...

View PostProtected by Viper, on 04 December 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

The fucking NSA already has pics of me doing cock magic, as much as I hate to say it whatever Facebook collects on me isn't really important at this point.

Whatever you think the time travelers think is important has nothing to do with what the time travelers think is important.

You can at least make them jump a couple extra times. I hear it's like read/write operations on flash drives... do it too many times and you start losing data.

Also that + wasn't intended for you Fox, but for High Treason, but oh well. I like you too even if you believe in normalcy theories. :)

This post has been edited by Wieder: 04 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

Go replay Vandenburg in Deus Ex and then play the Shadow Broker DLC in Mass Effect 2. Tell me you give a fuck about Facebook after OD'ing on the most red pilled moments in gaming. Go interact with a world that fucked up because it's where we're headed. You know that slick interface the Shadow Broker has that lets you read about all your friends' personal lives and demons? The interface the NSA has is even slicker, and the devil is real.

All this "Privacy Policy" shit is a red herring. Oh, you cancelled your Facebook account? That's such a great move! Ma Bell 2.0 totally won't send every text ever to Uncle Sam! He totally doesn't molest kids. The Franklin Cover up didn't happen.

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 04 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostComrade Major, on 04 December 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Even High Treason's post makes a more cogent argument than anything you've said so far. If you're done spinning, perhaps you'd like to actually state your case?

Or are you going to send me another link to InfoWars?

Read the policy yourself, you lazy c*nt :)

Don't be mad at me, be mad at the crooked turn the world has taken...more so.

This post has been edited by Robman: 09 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

• Glory To Motherland!

"Deactivate your Facebook. Here's why. I'm not going to tell you why."

You fail Logic 101 forever.

Perhaps you might like some help figuring out what an argument is?

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 04 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

View PostRobman, on 04 December 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

Read the policy yourself, you lazy cunt :)

Don't be mad at me, be mad at the crooked turn the world has taken...more so.

Then stop bitching about Facebook and cut off Uncle Sam's dick, I don't like sucking it either.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostComrade Major, on 04 December 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

"Deactivate your Facebook. Here's why. I'm not going to tell you why."

You fail Logic 101 forever.

You didn't read the OP did you?

"Oh hi, don't mind me, just working behind the scenes to take down a corrupt syst..."

"FBI! OPEN THE FUCK UP!"

Guess how they knew?

>Implying this hasn't happened yet

She's watching you Robman... even here...
Posted Image

View PostRobman, on 04 December 2014 - 09:13 PM, said:

You didn't read the OP did you?

Your logic sucks. Be it Facebook, MMS, or shit, even tracking your phone, you're screwed.

Unless you're in a private place and your phone batteries have physically been PULLED, you're fucked.

• Weaponized Autism

>Privacy Basics offers interactive guides to answer the most commonly asked questions about how you can control your information on Facebook.

That should help some folks, cool.

>We're working on ways to show you the most relevant information based on where you are and what your friends are up to. For example, in the future, if you decide to share where you are, you might see menus from restaurants nearby or updates from friends in the area.

I know someone who might be interested in this.

>In some regions, we're testing a Buy button that helps people discover and purchase products without leaving Facebook.

I don't think I would use this, but I don't see anything wrong with it considering there is already advertising. (Which I block.)

>We ask for permission to use your phone's location when we offer optional features like check-ins or adding your location to posts.

Nice.

>Over the past few years, Facebook has grown and we want to make sure you know about our family of companies, apps and services. We use the information we collect to improve your experience. For example, if you're locked out of your Instagram account, you can use your Facebook information to recover your password. Nothing in our updates changes the commitments that Instagram, WhatsApp and other companies have made to protect your information and your privacy.

Good.

>People sometimes ask how their information is shared with advertisers. Nothing is changing with these updates—we help advertisers reach people with relevant ads without telling them who you are.

Okay.

>That's why Facebook respects the choices you make about the ads you see, across every device. You can opt out of seeing ads on Facebook based on the apps and sites you use through the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt out using controls on iOS and Android. When you tell us you don't want to see these types of ads, your decision automatically applies to every device you use to access Facebook. Also, we're now making ad preferences available in additional countries, beginning with Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland and the UK.

Good.

>To make them more accessible, we moved tips and suggestions to Privacy Basics. Our data policy is shorter and clearer, making it easier to read.

Hmm. That doesn't say what they actually changed. Let's look deeper.

I still don't see an issue.

• Glory To Motherland!

Okay, let's fisk your original post:

Facebook will be implementing new policy changes in the new year, you're encouraged to look into it.

What policy changes? Why should I look into this? How does this affect me?

Not to say they aren't already doing the things proposed but now it will be thrown in your face.

See above 3 questions.

Also the fact that Zuckerberg is David Rockefeller's grandson.

Why should I care about this?

Anecdotal at best, circular reasoning at worst. Does not actually address the questions raised by your above statements.

You would be well advised to do the same.

Again, does not state what the issue is.

Conclusion: You are incapable of stating an argument.

View PostWieder, on 04 December 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

She's watching you Robman... even here...
Posted Image

She's late to the party, the NSA already copied the keys to my back door and crashed the fuckin' thing.

User is offline   Hank 

found it
http://stephenaroth....facebook-sucks/
legit reasons to get off Facebook.

The shit infowars droned on made no sense what so ever.

This post has been edited by Hank: 04 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

View PostProtected by Viper, on 04 December 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

She's late to the party, the NSA already copied the keys to my back door and crashed the fuckin' thing.

You don't have to spend money sneaking in and making copies when you can just start a back door building company and charge people.

Also holy crap... what a beehive you've hit, Rob. :)

Just reading through this and... why does it matter? What difference does it make? Are you plotting to take down the white house? I don't care if everyone in the world could see my Facebook. Privacy is nice, but when you go on social media, it shouldn't matter. You don't post things that are too revealing (address, phone number, etc.) and it should be fine.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options