Duke4.net Forums: Terminator Genisys Teaser Trailer. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Terminator Genisys Teaser Trailer.

Tomorrow they release the trailer for the next Terminator movie.
It looks like some scenes want to remake some of the terminator 2 stuff but I'm not sure they want to go that route full on, even though I personally believe terminator 2 was the best of them all by far.

What do you guys think?

I think it has a chance, implementing stuff from the first two and adding more with some twists.

It will never be better than T1/T2, but I think it will be the real Terminator 3 that we never got.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

I've heard they've made some really wonky choices for a terminator film.

Like, Sarah Connor is supposedly an anti-social soldier trained from birth now, and it's PG-13

User is offline   Kathy 

What's the point of releasing an ad for the trailer which is premiering the day after?

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View PostKathy, on 03 December 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

What's the point of releasing an ad for the trailer which is premiering the day after?

I think it's a dumb idea. The money spent for this teaser could've been used to make a better movie. Of course I haven't seen it, but from all the stuff leaked out or released on the plot, it sounds ridiculous.

User is offline   Kathy 

Come on, teaser probably required just another hour on top of editing the trailer. But the point of even doing it when you have trailer coming day later is unknown to me.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

All the changes occuring due to time travel are certainly sounding pretty contrived.

User is offline   X-Vector 

The whole idea of releasing another Terminator movie is incredibly contrived, never mind the insulting retconning and the awful "pun" title.
I think I can do without an hour of "why do you cry?" ersatz daddy robot pinocchio tomfoolery, which wasn't exactly the high point of Terminator 2 in the first place.

User is offline   Kathy 

Eh?

User is offline   Mark 

I'm not a geeky fanboy of the series. The trailer tells me its going to be a high action flick that I'll probably enjoy. Maybe I'll have a nitpick or 2 afterwards, maybe not. I'm an old man. I've seen lots of remakes and sequels. I know enough to keep my expectations at a reasonable level. I guess what I'm saying is " I'm easy to please". Which is one of the reasons I see a film almost every weekend.

• Honored Donor

That CGI of the future looks a little bit cheap to be honest.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

What a pile of shit.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

View PostMicky C, on 04 December 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

That CGI of the future looks a little bit cheap to be honest.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt since a lot of trailers nowadays used unfinished CGI and the final product usually looks much better.

That being said, the future war scenes looked more realistic in terminator 1 (to be fair they did make actual sets and shit for it)

As a terminator fan, this looks stupid.

As an arnie fan, I'll probably find some enjoyment out of this if not for the idea of old arnold vs young arnold

• Honored Donor

I'll watch it as it'll probably be a good action movie, but In my mind T1 and T2 will always stand apart (and above) of the rest of the franchise.

I'm also not entirely convinced by the way Sarah Connor is holding her guns.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 04 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

I'll plan on watching it, but Trailers don't mean much to me... but I am also one of the few who enjoyed (and later bought) the DooM movie. :)

Mr.BlackCat

User is offline   Hazzardous 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 04 December 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

I'll plan on watching it, but Trailers don't mean much to me... but I am also one of the few who enjoyed (and later bought) the DooM movie. :)

Mr.BlackCat

Yeah, I enjoyed the "Doom" film as well. Nowhere close to being as good as the games, but for what it was, it was rather enjoyable.

As for the Terminator trailer, I enjoyed it. Any excuse to see Arnie back in action is good enough for me. Hoping the best for the film. As others have said, it won't be as good as the first two, but topping the third and fourth won't be that hard of a feat (even though I enjoyed those as well).
Just as long as it doesn't become the "Batman & Robin" or "A Good Day to Die Hard" of the series, then I'm fine.

User is offline   X-Vector 

This would be self-plagiarism if James Cameron had any substantial input on this project, but I guess that's the convenience of time travel.
I bet this stuff is wet dream material for George Lucas though.

User is offline   Kathy 

How it would be plagiarism if it's the same franchise? Some directors even remake their own movies.

User is offline   LkMax 

Meh, looks kinda crappy, I would prefer a final season of Sarah Connor Chronicles over this.
At least I still have Star Wars VII to look for.

(...) I am also one of the few who enjoyed (and later bought) the DooM movie. :)

:woot:
Excuse me while I vomit on my keyboard...

User is offline   Fast Alpha 

It looks like a pile of shit, James Cameron added input and probably messed up some more improvement.
Then Arnold got some ideas. I liked T1, T2 maybe T3. But this cannot be good.
There are some plot holes, that can't be fixed with sticky back plastic.

At the very best you got a Doctor in it. :)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

but I am also one of the few who enjoyed (and later bought) the DooM movie. :)

What the fuck is wrong with you, you fucking retarded monkey shit fuck head.

• Honored Donor

Can't you people do away with the plot holes and just enjoy it as an arbitrary action movie?

I also enjoyed the Doom movie, not that I'd watch it again. I just put aside the idea that it had anything to do with the games.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 05 December 2014 - 05:01 PM

I think this movie looks fucking badass, and its plot is very intriguing how they pulled everything together. :)

Though they should have brought Michael Biehn back, at least. I could have also seen Sam Worthington making some sort of cameo, but oh well. Looks killer.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

According to wikipedia and other source.

Will be another terminator in 2017 and another one in 2018.

I wanna see em all,
I'm a diehard terminator fan.

• Honored Donor

Wasn't Terminator Salvation also meant to the be the start of a new trilogy?

It all depends how the reception goes. Although it's got a better chance of succeeding considering Arnie's involved, and that it's returning more to its roots.

View PostMicky C, on 06 December 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

Wasn't Terminator Salvation also meant to the be the start of a new trilogy?

It all depends how the reception goes. Although it's got a better chance of succeeding considering Arnie's involved, and that it's returning more to its roots.

You are correct, and if I remember correctly, the company funding the next two went bankrupt. So that trilogy never came about.

This post has been edited by Blake: 06 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

User is offline   Fast Alpha 

View PostBlake, on 06 December 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

You are correct, and if I remember correctly, the company funding the next two went bankrupt. So that trilogy never came about.

Also the company that made Terminator 2 went bankrupt. I wonder what caused them to lose money ???

That could explain why James Cameron can't do another film.

View PostFast Alpha, on 07 December 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

Also the company that made Terminator 2 went bankrupt. I wonder what caused them to lose money ???

That could explain why James Cameron can't do another film.

The rights of Terminator have always been complicated, even before T2 was filmed.

Once 2019 hits I think is when Cameron gets the rights back.

This post has been edited by Blake: 07 December 2014 - 08:00 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It looks good.

...LOOKS.

• Honored Donor

View PostBlake, on 07 December 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

The rights of Terminator have always been complicated, even before T2 was filmed.

Once 2019 hits I think is when Cameron gets the rights back.

I thought James Cameron doesn't want to work on Terminator any more? At least directly.

Even if he did come back, do people think he can live up to expectations set from the first two?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 20 December 2014 - 07:39 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options