Duke4.net Forums: Terminator Genisys Teaser Trailer. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Terminator Genisys Teaser Trailer.

User is offline   Fast Alpha 

Seem to recall that the rights of the film go back to Cameron in maybe 2019 ish.

He seems not to care that if the film goes to crap.

But Arnold Schwarzenegger likes to make these films, then Cameron gives some advice to the people making the story and helping with the plot.
Also what can happen in future events, the character the terminator can go in any direction, with good ideas they can make up.
I feel that they need to explain what happens with the plot, they can't just write something for the hell of it.
Maybe give some information to us when they go and choose to do a trilogy. how can the plot make it to 3 films ?

This post has been edited by Fast Alpha: 23 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

User is offline   gemeaux333 

I still wonder how peoples could beat Genisys when you compare it to the 3rd and 4th movies and Dark Fate...

I've seen Dark Fate. IT SUCKS. Either James Cameron considers his audience morons who only love repetition (so he'd better leave the franchise to someone who respects the viewers), or he has run out of ideas for the Terminator series (so he'd better leave the franchise to someone who can actually do his job), because Dark Fate is the blandest, most boring rehash of Terminator 1 I've ever seen.

I mean:
- Human McGuffin lives in the present
- Bad future guy wants to kill Human McGuffin
- Good future guy wants to protect Human McGuffin
- Bad future guy and Good future guy fight
- They both die
- The end

OH GEEZ, WHAT MOVIE AM I DESCRIBING? It's literally the same plot as 1, 2 and 3!

1 was original, 2 had great special effects, 3 had even more outlandish scenes, 4 showed the actual war against the machines, 5 showed a bizarro timeline where everything we know is subverted, and 6... has literally no original ideas. And before anyone says there are no original ideas left to milk the franchise... WRONG! So wrong. There are plenty of original ideas to take a franchise with time travel and artificially intelligent robots, you just need to be able to HAVE ideas in the first place.

We could have a movie exploring the origins of Skynet (more deeply than 3 did), revealing that the whole "AI becomes self-aware" scenario was a sham, and the whole time, the robots were actually controlled by a group of power-hungry humans.
We could have a movie that focuses on time travel, showing that the repeated use of it to change the past has made time unstable, and a solution must be found before all we have left is a timeline where nothing has ever existed.
We could have a movie showing the end of the war, not as the stereotypical "humans blow up Skynet, the end", but a situation where humans start augmenting themselves to have a fighting chance against the machines and become more similar to robots, while robots start using organic brain tissue to better infiltrate humans, and the war ends when distinguishing between a human and a robot becomes impossible.

We could have many more things, but instead we have a writer who decided to pander to that part of the audience who cannot stand change, and wrote an installment that was strictly formula instead.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 10 November 2019 - 12:47 PM

Personnally, I would like the 2 (or 3) sequels that were planned for Genisys which have most likely have been though as a soft-reboot and the beginning of a trilogy...

gemeaux333, on 11 November 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

Personnally, I would like the 2 (or 3) sequels that were planned for Genisys which have most likely have been though as a soft-reboot and the beginning of a trilogy...

After watching Dark Fate, I agree with you. Salvation and Genisys both set up potential trilogies that were far more interesting than what Dark Fate attempted to set up.

At least this way we could at least salvage something from the situation when it comes to the Terminator license...

Perhaps Gale Anne Hurd have more common sense than her ex-husband... Dark Fate not only shinne by its absence of originality and relevance, but also by regrouping all the leftists prejudgements !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 11 November 2019 - 09:31 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

The Terminator timeline is a huge mess.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options