Duke4.net Forums: The Duke Nukem Post Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Duke Nukem Post Thread

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 29 January 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

I haven't tried them yet, but I've read the descriptions of both of them and took a peek into them not long ago.

I think there are a few legit problems throughout the expansion packs that wouldn't hurt to be patched in this collection, though. Things that don't even have anything to do with multiplayer. Being able to jump over that fence in the first level of Caribbean and not being able to get back over is the first thing that comes to mind. I understand wanting to keep it original, though.

1.Winter eps walls can kill you
2.Duke Sprite is mess up

I really can't remember the rest It been like it been like almost an year since Me and Rose where finding bugs

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 29 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Well, that's the beauty of keeping it original, I guess. Anyone who owns Megaton Edition and happens to also buy this collection may notice the difference between the two, though. Not just the map fixes, but other things that were fixed in the game.

There's still stuff that's not correct in NW in Megaton Edition. The two babes in the hot tub in the first map have gravity and sink into the water. The yellow police tape in the Santamatch map falls to the ground, too. I'm not sure whether or not the expansion pack originally shipped with these problems or not. I never played any of the expansion packs until Megaton Edition came out.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

"Hey your the disease and i'm the cure"

If they want to keep it how it was before that is fine by me, I still be buying no stooping this duker :lol:

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 30 January 2015 - 05:31 AM

User is offline   Idiotska 

Anthony Burch left Gearbox. Could you imagine a Duke Nukem game written by him? Euuugh.

This post has been edited by Idiotska: 30 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostIdiotska, on 30 January 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

Anthony Burch left Gearbox. Could you imagine a Duke Nukem game written by him? Euuugh.

Under Burch, Duke is suddenly into cuckolding.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTerminX, on 29 January 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

This teaser actually goes along with an announcement of the Android version on Twitter--this is for that. If there's enough demand we could maybe work out the necessary stuff to upgrade the PC version sold at 3drealms.com to the HTTK Collection, but that's up to Fred and friends!

Saw the press release and apparently Voidpoint is working on other classic titles. Anything else besides Duke and SW? I'd find it difficult to believe you guys would manage to be able to sell Blood even if you did manage to port it.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

This was something weird for the DOS game to do

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

I'm bumping an old thread because I couldn't be bothered making a thread for something so trivial.

So just for fun, can you guess all the maps from this screenshot?
Posted Image

(Daedolon is banned from answering)

User is offline   FistMarine 

01: Shop-N-Bag (Episode 4 Level 3)
02: Metro Mayhem (Duke It Out In DC Level 6)
03: Not sure, maybe an user map, I think it's from Duke Xtreme?
04: Dark Side (Episode 2 Level 8)
05: One of the maps from Duke Hard, I think it's made by Daedolon and it's level 14 or 15 (I think)
06: User map Slum Noir by oasiz
07: I don't know, maybe a map from a TC? Or maybe it's that map I saw months ago by Marphy Black.
08: Another map from Duke Hard, I think it's Construction Destruction, the third level
09: Electric Highways by Zykov Eddy
10: Beta 3DRealms logo
11: User map in space, not sure which one
12: Here Comes Santa Claws (Duke Nuclear Winter Level 7)

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 19 December 2015 - 09:21 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostFistMarine, on 19 December 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

I think it's Market Melee from Duke Caribbean.

User is online   Mark 

The only one I recognized was number 9. The drug induced map from Eddy. I didn't remember the name though.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostFistMarine, on 19 December 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

01: Shop-N-Bag (Episode 4 Level 3)
02: Metro Mayhem (Duke It Out In DC Level 6)
04: Dark Side (Episode 2 Level 8)
05: One of the maps from Duke Hard, I think it's made by Daedolon and it's level 14 or 15 (I think)
06: User map Slum Noir by oasiz
07: I don't know, maybe a map from a TC? Or maybe it's that map I saw months ago by Marphy Black.
08: Another map from Duke Hard, I think it's Construction Destruction, the third level
09: Electric Highways by Zykov Eddy
10: Beta 3DRealms logo
11: User map in space, not sure which one
12: Here Comes Santa Claws (Duke Nuclear Winter Level 7)

Posted Image
Posted Image
It is a map from Duke Xtreme but I want a name :thumbsup:
It's the Duke 64 version of Dark Side
Posted Image
I'll give you this one since you named the mapset and author. It is called Legal Joint
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'm gonna give you this one too since you remember who posted it. It is called Nukem96
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'll give you a slightly bigger screenshot of the map
Posted Image
Posted Image

That was fun :)

Wow, I'm surprised I got my answers right (almost). Well let's see the other 2:

03: Still not sure which map. It's definitely not part of the SP maps because as far as I know, Duke Xtreme has 25 maps for SP and 25 for MP and that map doesn't remind me of any of the SP maps, so it must be one of the MP maps but I don't know its name, sorry.
11: I still can't figure out which map is that. Can you give me a hint? Is it a recently released user map or an older one? It does kinda look familiar but my guess is that it's one of Supertanker's space maps.

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 20 December 2015 - 07:27 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I still think 3 looks a lot like the best DM map from NAM, isn't, though. Man, I wan't to play some of that against some people.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostFistMarine, on 20 December 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

Wow, I'm surprised I got my answers right (almost). Well let's see the other 2:

03: Still not sure which map. It's definitely not part of the SP maps because as far as I know, Duke Xtreme has 25 maps for SP and 25 for MP and that map doesn't remind me of any of the SP maps, so it must be one of the MP maps but I don't know its name, sorry.
11: I still can't figure out which map is that. Can you give me a hint? Is it a recently released user map or an older one? It does kinda look familiar but my guess is that it's one of Supertanker's space maps.

It's Mohave by Robert Travis:
Posted Image
The second map is FOS Station by Supertanker :thumbsup:

Ah yeah I wanted to say that it's FOS Station but I wasn't 100% sure, so I said one of his maps. Well I must say I'm impressed that I managed to guess all of these maps, even if I didn't fully guess their names or such. Can you make another guess game? :thumbsup:

User is offline   Jolteon 

Here's something I though up! :)

Attached Image: who's that pokemon.png

Who's that Pokemon (or monster)? :thumbsup:

Octabrain! :) I know it was very obvious but still, good one! :thumbsup:

Yep, you are right. It's octabrain! :thumbsup:

Attached Image: it's octabrain2.png

User is offline   Lunick 

Alright, I think this one is a little harder than the other one but I still left some of them easy:
Posted Image

• Ancient Blood God

3 NAM E1L1 yeehaaw.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

#3 - NAM first level
#7 feels like something from episode 2 of LostDuke, but I cbf to open it up and check
#10 - User Map (E1L8.MAP)

• Ancient Blood God

Oh yeah that's what 10 was. 4 is super familiar, a really old usermap. No clue about the rest, except maybe 6 has to be WG.

7 is quirk of fate from total meltdown and 8 is piracy from Duke Nukem 64. I think 1 was a Christmas map made by Duke Bert. I remember seeing 5 before, I think it was called red canyon ( I could be wrong though).

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 22 December 2015 - 04:22 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

You guys move too quick...

1. XXXmas98 by Dukebert
Posted Image
3. Indeed, the first level from NAM
Posted Image
7. The remake of the Total Meltdown map, Quirk of Fate
Posted Image
8. Piracy from Duke Nukem 64
Posted Image
10. User Map by Allen H. Blum III
Posted Image

View PostDaedolon, on 22 December 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

except maybe 6 has to be WG.

Which one :thumbsup:

View PostJolteon, on 22 December 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

I remember seeing 5 before, I think it was called red canyon ( I could be wrong though).

Not the right name sorry

• Ancient Blood God

Will you give me 4 if I show you a map collection CD it's on?

View PostLunick, on 22 December 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

Not the right name sorry

Well, darn. I though it was called red canyon. I do remember the map just not the name. Oh well... :thumbsup: (Was I close though?)

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostJolteon, on 22 December 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

Well, darn. I though it was called red canyon. I do remember the map just not the name. Oh well... :thumbsup: (Was I close though?)

Well, it does start with "Red".

User is offline   Jblade 

No 4 is the island by Georg Buol - I can't place the name of 2 but is it one of Stranger's DM levels? 5 is Redrock canyon by Suppressor - 11 I think is Lunar Dust by Loke?

This post has been edited by Jblade: 23 December 2015 - 12:30 AM

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options