• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3drealms Not Shutting Down - Some Evidence  "Shenanigans! Trickery! PR!"

User is offline   sol 

Look at Joe Siegler's posts on the 3drealms forums:

http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showpost.php...p;postcount=129

Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce View Post
Don't know if it's been said yet..

There was an interview with Joe Siegler yesterday...
http://www.techhotdi....1-of-2-thdb06/

I'm wondering if anybody at 3DR knew the situation... Joe seemed a tad irritated...

When I recorded that, I didn't know.

It's not a marketing thing. It's true. I have nothing further to say at this time.

Note that Joe's topic is vague, he's easily referring to his interview being true.

His other posts:
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showpost.php...p;postcount=757

hmm...this could be a hoax! just seems to be a little sudden out of nowhere! and the devs. updating their status as unemplyed doesn't necessary mean that the DNF is over.....but perhaps DONE! ;-)

What's with this? Why are people doing that?

From what I gather, managment was pretty bad. I have a quote:

Don't believe everything you read by "former" employees.

"Why are people doing that?" --- why would Joe ask this if they had lost their jobs? Doesn't sound like they did. Note that he quotes "former" as if they're still employees.

And, management wasn't bad, and they're closing down?!? Management would HAVE to be bad if they were closing now.

Not to mention George Broussard:
http://twitter.com/georgeb3dr

His company is closing down in a couple days, and he's not busy up to his ears in shit to do? He's twittering about LOTR fan movies?! No public statement on 3drealms.com?

Shannigans! PR STUNT!

This post has been edited by sol: 07 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

You know, I bet a lot of people feel the same way you do. Finding reasonings here and there for this not to happen, and then it happens. It's a big blow. For years and years we've searched for every tiny droplet of information about DNF, and then the biggest bomb hits you in the face like ton of bricks. It's hard to come grips with.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Funny random note here but I thought of it and posted on the 3DR forums too. This whole ordeal reminds me of the Jim Carrey comedy "Fun With Dick and Jane." lol

User is offline   sol 

Hey I'm not hanging on for dear life here - I'm saying the news is reporting that 3DR is closing, without mentioning who the source is, and without any confirmation from 3DR or its staff.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

View Postsol, on May 8 2009, 01:19 AM, said:

Hey I'm not hanging on for dear life here - I'm saying the news is reporting that 3DR is closing, without mentioning who the source is, and without any confirmation from 3DR or its staff.

Joe's words contradict that, he specifically said it's true. Same with the LinkedIN profiles, rumours that have gone around the industry.

View Postsol, on May 8 2009, 12:02 AM, said:

Look at Joe Siegler's posts on the 3drealms forums:

http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showpost.php...p;postcount=129

When I recorded that, I didn't know.

It's not a marketing thing. It's true. I have nothing further to say at this time.

Note that Joe's topic is vague, he's easily referring to his interview being true.

He just heard a few hours ago he lost his job... don't really think he can set his mind to that post...
Remember he has a personal life which is now affected by this..

User is offline   sol 

Then look at his other posts where he asks why people would set their status to unemployed.

User is offline   sol 

I wonder if 1-800-3DREALMS still works. I'm not in the U.S. so I can't test. Anyone?

User is offline   necroslut 

View Postsol, on May 8 2009, 12:35 AM, said:

Then look at his other posts where he asks why people would set their status to unemployed.

Couldn't he be meaning "Why are people making up these conspiracy theories?"?

User is offline   ThePinkus 

He's asking why people disbelieve what has happened actually happened.

User is offline   sol 

Okay, I fail :rolleyes: there's confirmation now.

This post has been edited by sol: 07 May 2009 - 03:01 PM

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

Posted Image to the max @ this thread

User is offline   ryche 

It's ok sol. We all don't want this to be true.

It's like this scene from Matrix Reloaded

Posted Image

except we aren't Neo and we can't pull the bullet out of 3DR's heart.

This post has been edited by ryche: 07 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

User is offline   ThePinkus 

But then again, we don't know if its a bullet or a splinter in the heart.

User is offline   sol 

Yea, this is really too bad. I've been waiting for DNF since it was first announced.

It was a part of my childhood :rolleyes:

To be honest if it was a marketing thing it isn't like Joe would say "Oh gee guys, this is just a marketing thing just wait". He would say exactly what it said, which is that it is true. I also find it very strange that RADAR Group would not step in to save the day if this was true being that they are basically investors. Why wouldn't Scott have RADAR invest in the Duke project and 3DR. Unless Scott and George's relationship broke down it doesn't make sense. It also doesn't make sense for the 3DR website to up and vanish without some sort of goodbye message or anything like that. All very strange.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

3DR's site didn't vanish. The server asploded from immense amounts of traffic, and it would require a manual reboot, physically. Joe said he doesn't have access to it at the moment.

And we just believe everything Joe says? I know I'm playing Devil's advocate but if this was a marketing ploy the company would outright lie just like they are doing, and look at the attention and exposure they are getting. I guess we shall see what happens, but it would not surprise me one bit to see this being some sort of marketing ploy.

This post has been edited by megamustaine: 07 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

User is offline   NutWrench 

I think it's strange that there's no word of this on Take-Two's website.

Take a look at Scott's LinkedIn page. http://www.linkedin.com/in/dukenukem

A little less that 50 million from selling GOD games, 48 million from selling Max Payne, 30 million in royalties from Max Payne. Hmmm sure makes this 5 million figure seem kinda small. Very strange that they would have miscalculated their funds by so much.

User is offline   Montykoro 

Lol

View Postryche, on May 7 2009, 07:06 PM, said:

It's ok sol. We all don't want this to be true.

It's like this scene from Matrix Reloaded

Posted Image

except we aren't Neo and we can't pull the bullet out of 3DR's heart.

I think it's more like Matrix Revolutions after they crash:
Spoiler

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

^
lol
Yeah I'm kind of surprised at the 5mil being a problem if they were really so loaded. Maybe they want to pull out on take2. And they need to drop 3dr for that. If they come back as a different name and did this to get through a loop hole.. I would be thrilled. If it's the end. Well at least there were no lives lost.. so it wasn't a complete Titanic. >_<'
I'm really curious about who has what rights in regards to DNF at this moment.

User is offline   ryche 

So it's the blind trying to save the doomed eh? So true.

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View Postsol, on May 7 2009, 03:02 PM, said:

Not to mention George Broussard:
http://twitter.com/georgeb3dr

His company is closing down in a couple days, and he's not busy up to his ears in shit to do? He's twittering about LOTR fan movies?! No public statement on 3drealms.com?

Shannigans! PR STUNT!

This is exactly what I thought, but apparently this fucking bullshit is all fucking true and the fucking game isn't coming the fuck out.

View PostRamen4ever, on May 7 2009, 07:18 PM, said:

Yeah I'm kind of surprised at the 5mil being a problem if they were really so loaded.

This is another reason that this is so unthinkable. The company made $40 million dollars off the sale of the Max Payne rights alone, and with whatever the fuck their payroll is($3-5 million a year, maybe) there just isn't a way they could have run out. Plus, they made money from Prey, and other things as well.

This post has been edited by ultra tree 85!: 07 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

User is offline   Hudson 

• Meat Popsicle

DNF is dead. It sucks, but it's true.

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

View Postultra tree 85!, on May 7 2009, 08:41 PM, said:

This is exactly what I thought, but apparently this fucking bullshit is all fucking true and the fucking game isn't coming the fuck out.

This is another reason that this is so unthinkable. The company made $40 million dollars off the sale of the Max Payne rights alone, and with whatever the fuck their payroll is($3-5 million a year, maybe) there just isn't a way they could have run out. Plus, they made money from Prey, and other things as well.

Well I suppose it depends on what the 5 mil was for. Buying some rights back from take 2? Maybe they were 5 mil short if take 2 wanted to charge em like 40 mil or something? In which case those previous numbers suddenly become a lot smaller. Big earnings big spendings. maybe they got screwed by someone other than take 2. Stocks and similar investments like Scotty pointed out. Maybe they really did run out of funds. If take 2 really did screw em, maybe 3dr are screwing em right back by leaving them with a title and certain rights that can never be used because they're split.

I'm really interested in that official statement now.

This post has been edited by Ramen4ever: 07 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

User is offline   sol 

The 3drealms website has been off and on all day. It's just got a huge load of traffic aimed at it.

User is offline   Jokke_r 

i'm still a bit sceptic but the longer this has gone on the less hope i have.

User is offline   X-Vector 

These current events seem to have made some people take leave of their senses.

For one thing, not only would even 3DR not pull off something this extreme, but it's also completely unnecessary and would backfire in a major way.

Another reason why the publicity stunt angle is bogus is that a company like Take2 would never go along with this.
Perhaps 3DR could get their employees and some industry contacts to play ball, but not a major publisher.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options