Duke4.net Forums: (ANNOUNCEMENT) Duke Nukem: Atomic Crisis - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

(ANNOUNCEMENT) Duke Nukem: Atomic Crisis  "The City That Never Sleeps"

View PostForge, on 01 November 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

minor difference between 7 maps and almost 40.

All depends on dedication, someone could think 7 seems like a little, or a lot, to me 40 seems like what most people would think 7 is like.

Okay, I'm going to stop posting on this, I'll come back in a few months, say around April, with a progress report. :)

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostNever Forgotten, on 01 November 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

And dude, that whole thing about Proton being Duke's sister... that's messed up.

That was a joke...

[UPDATE] Might have to remake what I have of Atomic Crisis, seems my computer decided it'd be fun to crap out before I could back it up... I'll have to wait until later to know for sure, but as it looks right now I've lost everything. Will update if this changes.

UPDATE: I managed to get everything off of my computer thanks to my brother knowing more about it than I do, and I've backed up everything including Atomic Crisis. It's back on but being delayed as my laptop and desktop are both pretty old and may die out at any moment, so until I can get a new desktop AC is delayed. But do no fret, I still plan on making it. I've had the idea for 4 or so years now, I'm not stopping yet.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Good to hear you managed to recover everything. I'd encourage you to keep frequent off-site backups on Dropbox or something similar in future to prevent data loss.

UPDATE: I figured, it being the 4th of July and all, that I'd give an update on Atomic Crisis. Well, the first map is about 98% done, I have to go back and fix a few things, but nothing major. I'm not far along on any of the other maps, I have the second map's beginning and ending, but I have a lot of progress to get done in between, but it's around 60% or so. I've been working on this since 2013, and I've suffered a lot of set backs... withing the past year I had my old computer die on me, and I managed to recover all of the files, BUT my newer computer's hard drive dies after a month, and I lost some minor progress. I'm currently using my brother's computer to work on it, as I'm getting tired of not making any progress. I'll give another update after I finish the first and second maps.

UPDATE: The first two maps are finished! I'll probably go back through them sometime later just to be 100% sure, but after four years I'm finally seeing some real progress! Here's a quick look at the third map, which is the first one set in New York.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes I understand the problem with the lining of the building, that's a work in progress.. my custom texture doesn't want to align properly. This map is very early, but I wanted to at least share it with you. Please be patient, it's been very hard to get this far. :thumbsup:

Congrats on your mapping! Since you have two finished, when you're done polishing them up why not release those? Could still do a full compilation of the full planned episode when it's done, and could get feedback on those first two levels. Just an idea no pressure of course.

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 27 July 2017 - 11:22 PM, said:

Congrats on your mapping! Since you have two finished, when you're done polishing them up why not release those? Could still do a full compilation of the full planned episode when it's done, and could get feedback on those first two levels. Just an idea no pressure of course.

That's exactly what my brother has been suggesting. I'm going to back through them today or tomorrow and polish them up, so I might go ahead and release those two, and the things that are relevant to them.

Well, the BETA has been released. :thumbsup: You can find it here: https://forums.duke4...__fromsearch__1

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options