Duke4.net Forums: GOG.com Giveaway: Aliens versus Predator 2000 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GOG.com Giveaway: Aliens versus Predator 2000

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Only they want you to sign up for the multiplayer beta test of GOG Galaxy:
http://www.gog.com/n...gn=AvP_giveaway

This action lasts until Friday, October 17, 9:59 AM GMT.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

http://forums.duke4....post__p__208744

User is offline   ReaperMan 

He posted before Gambini.

User is offline   Gambini 

He posted about 4 hours AFTER Micky, who is who mentioned this very game. :)

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Well..... Time is irrelevant. :)

Whoopsie guys, I didn't realize that "The Sale Thread" is also for giveaways. Sorry!

This post has been edited by MrFlibble: 16 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I still havent got my email. Signed up two days ago.

Same here, but they warn you somewhere that it might take some time.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It's worth signing up for. This game kicks ass.

• The Sarien Encounter

I already have it on Steam, but I'd love to have it DRM free. Lost my AvP Gold copy years ago.

• Honored Donor

The Sale thread is for good deals on any game that people on this forum would want to play. I think free counts as a pretty good deal :)

I've been sort of meaning to look at this at some stage so when it became free it was an instant grab. Now I just hope there isn't some clause somewhere that says I need to actually use Galaxy or anything like that.

View PostMicky C, on 17 October 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

I've been sort of meaning to look at this at some stage so when it became free it was an instant grab. Now I just hope there isn't some clause somewhere that says I need to actually use Galaxy or anything like that.

Heh, I also thought that there might be some catch in that :)

But anyway, AvP is one of my favourites, played it a lot back in early-mid 2000s. It has huge replay value (single-player I mean; haven't tried multiplayer), unlockable levels, unlockable "cheat modes" (which are essentially quite wacky single-player mode mutators), and actually very balanced gameplay (at least, it seemed balanced to me). The game also may get scary sometimes, due to the clever use of (lack of) lighting and rapidly moving aliens.

When I had nearly every mode unlocked and all campaigns completed, I would play the skirmish mode which is lots of very frantic action and lots of fun. You play on multiplayer maps with endless waves of aliens coming after you. Players and items respawn, playing time per map can be set to a certain limit. You can play either as a regular Marine (all weapons), a specific class of Marine (you can only use one type of weapon plus a pistol, but your start with that weapon), or a Predator.

I fancy MP is equally lots of fun in this. There are quite a few different modes IIRC.

Where´s my damn key!! :)

• Honored Donor

I don't have my key yet either.

I have a feeling the reason why they chose AvP as the game for this is BECAUSE it has good multiplayer.

User is offline   Lunick 

I got my key yesterday morning, you guys are just slow I guess :)

User is offline   Malgon 

Posted Image

Still haven't got my key yet either.

I got mine but GOG are saying that they expect to take until Tuesday before they are all out.

• The Sarien Encounter

Mine came yesterday finally.

I sit here

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Go "make real good maps" while you wait.

User is offline   JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy 

• Steven Shitlord

Well I got mine today

This post has been edited by The Elite Duke Force: 20 October 2014 - 09:53 AM

I can't believed I missed this. I've been wanting to buy this game for 3 years and I see this thread and think: ''tomorrow i'll sign up.'' Then I remember it way too late. -.-

• Steven Shitlord

Well I never played this game before, well im going to try my best to help them

This post has been edited by The Elite Duke Force: 20 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

When this game came out it was so much fun. It still has an awesome ambient to this day.
I'm pretty sure that because of this game and it's sequel, they came up with the idea to make the avp movies which sadly sucked major ass.
If this game would get an HD remake, I would be extremely if it maintained the gameplay mechanic and sound effects intact while just using an engine like ue4 and new assets.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 20 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

AvP has been around longer than the video games (of which there are more than the three FPS's). It already had a following.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 20 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

User is offline   Soap DX 

This is like a dream come true in a way. I bought AVP 1 & 2 years after AVP1 multiplayer had died and wished I could play multiplayer, and here's my chance years later.

Loved both 2 games immensely and still have my copies. Maybe I'll finally get around to finishing the Human campaign on AVP 1, only one I was too freaked out to finish.

This post has been edited by Soap DX: 20 October 2014 - 07:38 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostSoap DX, on 20 October 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Maybe I'll finally get around to finishing the Human campaign on AVP 1, only one I was too freaked out to finish.

This.

• Steven Shitlord

played a couple of games yesterday it was really fun was a few lobbies there, the only two problems I see right now is getting into lobbies sometimes it doesn't let me in and the other is connected when it kicks me out of the game, the game is still fun though a must get game :)

This post has been edited by Duke64 Galactic Alliance: 20 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

Flares are very useful when playing as the Marine. You have unlimited supply, but only four lit flares can be placed in a level at any time.

User is offline   ZedSlayer 

I think I just realised I accidentally deleted my email after cleaning out my inbox without looking, there was a gog email in there.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options