Duke4.net Forums: Sin Episodes - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sin Episodes

User is offline   X3NOMORPH 

Is anyone else looking forward to this game?
whats everyone’s views releasing the game in episodes rather then the full game?

An interview with the developer said that almost everything in the game will be interactive like paper towel dispensers, vending machines, phones
anyone think duke will be affected by more and more games coming out with lots of interactivity? maybe lose a bit of originality?

User is offline   Spooger 

Sin Episodes looks great. It's colorful, has a lot of interesting features, and looks like it's episodic format is actually going to work. To me, episodic content is pretty much going to become yet another contemporary standard of an ever-growing industry. We're getting used to online delivery, so it only makes sense that we're going to have to adjust to all the possibilities presented with online delivery. Of course, it's easy for me to say this: I've never felt "wronged" by Steam, like seemingly everyone else on our planet.

I don't think interactivity = originality, if that's what you're implying. What's so "original" about it, in the first place? Please, don't misunderstand me -- I think interactivity is great, but in the style of Duke Nukem or Sin Episodes, all we can expect is the press of a "use" button, and some associated event; like an animation.

Will Duke be affected by Sin Episodes? I sincerely doubt it. Duke is about a hell of a lot more than just being able to press a use key. We've heard the casual cliche amongst Duke fans (I know I have, I've used it myself): Duke is about blowing shit up; Duke is about tits, booze, and kicking ass; Duke is about being a little good, a little bad, and loving it; Duke is about being Duke. All of these things are true, but surely, "Duke is about being able to press a use key" is not. If Sin Episodes is going to adopt a philosophy about game interaction that SHOULD be standard in FPS games, then thank God, y'know? Games these days lack personality, and interactivity can - if used right - create great personality. You think Duke is popular because he knows how to use a soda machine :)

User is offline   X3NOMORPH 

Yeah I want interactivity that’s not just pressing the use key and if it is, I want the animation to be a little different every time I press it

I've never felt "wronged" by Steam, like seemingly everyone else on our planet.

Im the same I think steam is great and its never messed me about :)

Going back the episodic content, when the game finally ends isn’t people going to be paying a hell of a lot of money for what is basically one game? it could go on forever

And the half life 2 expansion is going to be episodic too, I hope they release them cheap, I can’t see many people buying 1 level for $20

User is offline   Halcyon 

I'm no fan of Steam because I prefer having my games in big boxes with manuals and such stuff. :) But still, I will buy Sin: Episodes because I really like Rituals work and even now I enjoy the first Sin.

User is offline   Nihilanth 

It's a pity but I haven't played original Sin. :) It's a little shocking I think.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

I haven't tried it either...
Kinda sad... I'd really like to see what stuff Charlie Wiederhold all mad ein that game (Charlie being one of the guys at 3DR... And he's funny too... :))

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options