Duke4.net Forums: Discovered a new weird glitch for Providence. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Discovered a new weird glitch for Providence.  "Something about a Flashlight and NightVision."

HELLO WORLD !!!!

It's me again, for reporting a new weird glitch that I found in Providence in the first part of the level (with James outside) ...

It occurs in that sort of Crypt, you know where we find a gear to unlock an area further in the level, I'm gonna try and explain clearly what happens :

I wanted to have a clear sight of the spirit in order to shoot him and so I used the night vision since the flashlight wasn't enough, I shot it with the M16's mossberg fire and guess what happened >>>> the flash of the shot and the animation kept playing over and over again, I couldn't fire a second time until I switched night vision off in which case the animation ends and everything is set to normal but it doesn't end here since I've tested that a bit.

When night vision is on in that crypt I can shoot the FAL (cause it's what I equiped) but when out it doesn't reload and I can't do it myself until I switch NV off again, same for the M16's normal fire. and lastly for what I've been able to test so far I could shoot the FN-57 (cause tis what I equiped) without having to reload at anytime and obviously I couldn't do it myself.

I didn't have time to test further but what I'm sure is that Sang seems to be imune to that glitch since I tried reproducing it with his weapons and the Stuff Cheat and nothing weird happened with or without his NV equivalent :/

What needs testing with James is his Striker/Auto5/Jackhammer to see if we can reload them in the cryp with NV on since I couldn't reload the M-16's mossberg I'm pretty sure it and the number 3 weapons are connected, same for the AN-94 replacement for not being able to reload and the GL firering animation might get stuck as well.

I couldn't test more so I suggest you guies to test what I've told you cause I'm pretty sure the situation I suggest are bound to be affected as long as Night Vision is on along with the Flashlight in that crypt. Might as well use the Stuff Cheat to test every other weapons of James' but it doesn't feel as if they'd be affected :/ and since Sang wasn't I guess any other character wouldn't (even though we're not supposed to access this part with them).

I'm very sorry I couldn't test it all and report everything possible like I did last time but I discovered it this morning and I won't have time to test that until next evenning T_T

Anyway I hope this new report will help you guies with your crusade :)

Till next time !!!
BYEEEEEE !!

PS : May I ask BTW what purpose does the "Minerva's Amulet" artefact serves ? I gave it to James and I don't see any difference :/

User is offline   Jblade 

That sounds like a conflict with some vars somewhere along the line, it's possible it may of been fixed a while ago but I'll look into it regardless. thanks for the info!

PS : May I ask BTW what purpose does the "Minerva's Amulet" artefact serves ? I gave it to James and I don't see any difference :/

If you get hit by an attack like the Lost's one, the amulet prevents you from getting that vision obscuring sideffect - it also has a minor chance of reducing the damage from a magic/supernatural attack to zeor.

I see :)

One more thing, I don't know if it's a glitch or not but I'll tell you just in case >> When I use the thomson with silver bullets against that wizard enemy by using it's alternate fire (the one with the fastest ROF) in close quarters it looks like he manages to evade some shots with it's blue shield thing while he's not supposed to even in lower difficulties :/

Is this a glitch or is it some sort of security to prevent it from getting too much damage at once ?

And thanks for the artefact I never noticed there was a vision malus when hit by that sort of enmy ^^
I first thought it would work only with JAmes since he's supposed to be the only one to know about Minerva.

User is offline   Jblade 

The Tommy gun is gonna get a re-work in Episode 2 (hopefully at least) but I can see what I missed when I did that spray attack. The artifacts work equally for all characters, although her artifact suits James the most for the reason you just said (and ATM the golden lighter is only useful for Rusty)

I thought the golden lighter could also be used as a luck charm ? that's what I read in the wiki you did at least ...
For a while I put the book of nails to Rusty since he has a very usefull NailGun (which looks like a P-90) that becomes even more usefull but since he only can use the ligther and it one shoots the wizards I gave the book back to SAng and gave it the Sawn-Off with flechette ammo but I notice that he doesn't meet any supernatural beings before being held captive >_> ...

User is offline   Jblade 

View Postthedrawliner, on 20 September 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

I thought the golden lighter could also be used as a luck charm ? that's what I read in the wiki you did at least ...
For a while I put the book of nails to Rusty since he has a very usefull NailGun (which looks like a P-90) that becomes even more usefull but since he only can use the ligther and it one shoots the wizards I gave the book back to SAng and gave it the Sawn-Off with flechette ammo but I notice that he doesn't meet any supernatural beings before being held captive >_> ...

Sang's spells are also effective against them, so I'd say he doesn't really need it at all :)

Yeah that's pretty much why the choice of his artefact is hard to make ^^

BTW I've spotted 2 other weird things one of them is again the fact that with Jame's Protecta Striker I couldn't load any alternate shells because I used all of my Regular shells which goes back to that other topic in which I told you about this problem with Highwire but I know you're already working on that.

As for the other thing that is back in Providence I've seen that whenever I switch from Sang (who has the sawn-off as I equiped) to James as induced by the level progression, Jame's FAL (as I equiped) went from the amount of bullet I left before to 2 AKA what I had in Sang's shotgun and I can't reload the FAL until I fire at least one bullet forcing me to waste one or two bullet two or three times in the level >_>
I'm not an expert but I don't think this problem is related to the current ammo system which you'll change in Ep2 as you told me, I think it's more related to the fact that the game because of the Build Engine isn't already supposed to consider the number 1 gun as being multiple possible guns and since every character can use them I guess the game considers (in my case) that Sang's sawn-off and James's FAL as being the same weapon and consequently merging the remaining ammo (but only from Sang to Jame's since I never got 30 shells in Sang's sawn-off).

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 20 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

The first one is fixed - the second one is because I didn't remember to save the temporary weapon's magazine into an array when you switch characters, it's an easy fix :) Thanks for reminding me about it!

Oh okay ^^

Well that's all for now, just like last time, I'll tell you guies if I find anything more since I keep playing it accessorily for the last achievement about killing an outrageous amount of enemies ... actualy I also miss that "Good With People" achievement but I can't get it cause I already tried damaging myself and wait for allies to heal me even by asking them through the voice commands but they never react :/

Anyway thanks again for listening to my reports and I'll give you another shout if anything crosses my path ^_-

User is offline   Jblade 

That good with people achievement was for multiplayer only, I never disabled it despite multi being broken on release. You'd get it for using the command to say 'thanks' if someone healed you with a syringe in the urban dead map - but if/when I add medic allies than the achivement will also apply to thanking them if they heal you :)

Okay sounds like we'll have a blast with episode 2 whenever it's released ^^

Thanks again, Good Luck and keep on the good work ^_-

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options