Duke4.net Forums: 3d Animated series (A Duke Nukem QUest -Ascension- - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3d Animated series (A Duke Nukem QUest -Ascension-  "Duke teams up with space marine (DOOMGUY) to ascend in power."

User is offline   Idiotska 

View PostSoap DX, on 08 September 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostBlakeSongne, on 08 September 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

scott miller and jon st john like it

What gave you that idea?

View PostMicky C, on 08 September 2014 - 11:47 PM, said:

What gave you that idea?

I gave me that idea, they liked my post part 1 and 2 on my facebook page.

User is offline   IGSRJARMY 

Facebook sucks donkey dick and no one cares about it.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostIGSRJARMY, on 09 September 2014 - 02:59 AM, said:

Facebook sucks donkey dick and no one cares about it.

I can think of a certain Angry Kiwi that got angry when I removed him as a friend :)

What? https://www.facebook.com/igsrj is my shity Facebook.

View PostIGSRJARMY, on 09 September 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

What? https://www.facebook.com/igsrj is my shity Facebook.

its called facebook brother its not called insecure about ur face facebook. book. show ur face, stop being a puss puss.

This post has been edited by BlakeSongne: 09 September 2014 - 03:11 AM

I don't have to show my face to a no body like you.

I finished watching both parts. I don't know what to say so I'll just post an image.
Posted Image

View PostIdiotska, on 09 September 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

I finished watching both parts. I don't know what to say so I'll just post an image.
Posted Image

ahhh i see your giving constructive criticism on something u couldn't do yourself... nice job :)

• Honored Donor

I don't see how pointing out that other people can't do it will make your work seem any less crap. One day when all the skilled Duke 3D mappers are gone and some guy makes a crap map, it's not automatically good just because it's there.

The deviantART mentality strikes again!
ALso, it HUrts my EYes when YOu type LIke THis. PLease FIx your KEyboard.

This post has been edited by Idiotska: 09 September 2014 - 03:47 AM

View PostMicky C, on 09 September 2014 - 03:44 AM, said:

I don't see how pointing out that other people can't do it will make your work seem any less crap. One day when all the skilled Duke 3D mappers are gone and some guy makes a crap map, it's not automatically good just because it's there.

i beg to differ, u say its crap but couldnt accomplish it the creators of Duke and the voice actor jon enjoyed my vid like i said i talk to them on a regular basis, once again why should i care u guys dont like it. i will be retuning to this post when second episode is done as of now, gotta work, peace

If you don't care what we think about it, why show it here in the first place? There are more accepting hugboxes that'll gladly accept your.. uh.. work.. You might even get a gold star sticker!
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Idiotska: 09 September 2014 - 03:57 AM

View PostIdiotska, on 09 September 2014 - 03:56 AM, said:

If you don't care what we think about it, why show it here in the first place? There are more accepting hugboxes that'll gladly accept your.. uh.. work.. You might even get a gold star sticker!
Posted Image

i show it here knowing the Duke nukem community is a sad excuse for one and release my work regardless for the ones that do actually want a series, why do u guys linger on this thread if u have nothing good to say, do you guys have nothing to do or something?

this whole thing is gotten way to out of hand. i for one thought Blake's Duke series thing was good. now i know what your thinking. "i've seen better", and perhaps you have. i have as well. i've seen various animation stuff done from using Gmod to SFM. some were good. some were crap. all Blake is doing, is having fun and making episodes featuring Duke, and various other characters in his series thing that he will continue to make. if you don't like it, then just walk away. no one has a gun to your head forcing ya to watch. but if you do like the series. then great. i mean give guy a break for crying out loud. the guy is kinda new to the stuff. he's learning the ropes and such. doing the best he can with what he's learned. i know we often like to criticize people's work on there videos and such. but man, keep Duke alive. at least give him credit for trying. he's just having fun, and doing something Duke related. and who knows. over the course of his series. one might see him improve to become good

This post has been edited by NukemRoses: 09 September 2014 - 04:37 AM

View PostNukemRoses, on 09 September 2014 - 04:19 AM, said:

at least give him credit for trying.

That's what the gold star was for!

• Honored Donor

I'll admit that the 2nd episode was better than the first, more because it was more focused and less random as opposed to an actual increase in skill though.

Btw, you can't really say that we couldn't accomplish it if we've never attempted it. Some of us just don't have the time to invest in something like this.

View PostMicky C, on 09 September 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

I'll admit that the 2nd episode was better than the first, more because it was more focused and less random as opposed to an actual increase in skill though.

Btw, you can't really say that we couldn't accomplish it if we've never attempted it. Some of us just don't have the time to invest in something like this.

thats wasnt second episode it was episode 1 part 2

im working on ep 2.

View PostMicky C, on 09 September 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

i did stop motion all my life, i can assure u u couldn't accomplish it without a background in animation, this was my first engine based animation if u don't believe me get sfm and show me ur 20 min episode.

View PostBlakeSongne, on 09 September 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

i can assure u u couldn't accomplish it without a background in animation,

Well this is a load of bullshit. You don't need a background in anything to be able to use SFM.

Just because Jon and Scott liked it o Facebook doesn't mean it's good either.
It's still trash, they clearly only liked it so that you wouldn't get all upset and have a cry like you are now.

This post has been edited by IGSRJARMY: 09 September 2014 - 05:54 AM

View PostIGSRJARMY, on 09 September 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

Well this is a load of bullshit. You don't need a background in anything to be able to use SFM.

It's still trash, they clearly only liked it so that you wouldn't get all upset and have a cry like you are now.

i talk to scott a good bit as well as jon, seems there sense of humor is similar to mine.. and no they liked it cuz they liked it not cuz they didnt wanna hurt my feelings, and scott even responded to my message saying good work, i would take a picture of his message but i think thats kinda invasion of privacy, i think u guys are jus butt hurt one of the co founders of 3d realms and the voice actor of DUke i talk to almost every day like my work, u guys hate jus cuz u wanna hate rather than be grateful i spend so much time on these animations. for the community.

This post has been edited by BlakeSongne: 09 September 2014 - 06:09 AM

View PostIGSRJARMY, on 09 September 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

and yes u need a background in animation to use source filmmaker if this isnt true in 3 months i wanna see you make a 20 min animation, the animation in sfm is similiar to pixars old engine except u can import any model they are about to release the old pixar engine for free, and im pretty excited about that.
once again before u give constructive criticism on something, have your material (animation) ready to be shown, u say my work sucks.. ok.. wheres you animation.?

This post has been edited by BlakeSongne: 09 September 2014 - 06:15 AM

User is offline   Ahcruna 

Blake, could you please use "You" instead of a "U" in your posts? I have to close my eyes and rub my forehead every time I'm halfway through your minuscule posts.

Also, no one is complaining about your effort put in to your project, they just don't like your animation. Instead of getting offended over people not linking your work, you should just ask people why they didn't like it and take it as constructive criticism.

View PostBlakeSongne, on 09 September 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

once again before u give constructive criticism on something, have your material (animation) ready to be shown, u say my work sucks.. ok.. wheres you animation.?

That is not how that works, no, not at all... do you even know what constructive criticism means?
stop trying to waste peoples time by saying the same redundant thing, over and over again.

1. People don't have time to cook up an animation.
2. People don't have any interest in SFM.
3. People don't want to waste time in prove you wrong.

A lot of people in this community are excellent content creators within various different types of media. (including animation) just because people don't like something it doesn't mean that they have to have something they created to back up that opinion.
by your logic we must all be professional game developers or movie directors to be entitled to call something garbage. I'll never direct a big Hollywood movie, but that doesn't mean I can't call a movie I saw in the cinema for complete and utter garbage.

[EDIT]

And yes I saw both parts, and there was too much stupid going on there for my taste. Though don't give up on it and keep making your videos because that's the only way that you are going to get better at it.
I spent 8 years going to art classes and courses to learn how to draw with actual paint an colours, oil and what not, and you can bet your ass those first years produced a ton of garbage paintings I just rather forget about.
Not everything is gold just because you spent an incredible amount of time and dedication on it.

A polished turd is still a turd.

This post has been edited by Ahcruna: 09 September 2014 - 06:42 AM

View PostAhcruna, on 09 September 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Blake, could you please use "You" instead of a "U" in your posts? I have to close my eyes and rub my forehead every time I'm halfway through your minuscule posts.

Also, no one is complaining about your effort put in to your project, they just don't like your animation. Instead of getting offended over people not linking your work, you should just ask people why they didn't like it and take it as constructive criticism.

That is not how that works, no, not at all... do you even know what constructive criticism means?
stop trying to waste peoples time by saying the same redundant thing, over and over again.

1. People don't have time to cook up an animation.
2. People don't have any interest in SFM.
3. People don't want to waste time in prove you wrong.

A lot of people in this community are excellent content creators within various different types of media. (including animation) just because people don't like something it doesn't mean that they have to have something they created to back up that opinion.
by your logic we must all be professional game developers or movie directors to be entitled to call something garbage. I'll never direct a big Hollywood movie, but that doesn't mean I can't call a movie I saw in the cinema for complete and utter garbage.

i disagree, like i said if u cant accomplish it yourself, who are u to call it garbage, opinionated people are pretty sad, especially when it comes to duke considering u cant expect a new game. Like i said u will see me back in here when my second ep is complete.

This post has been edited by BlakeSongne: 09 September 2014 - 06:41 AM

That attitude is going to get you far, Blake... on deviantART.

• Honored Donor

View PostBlakeSongne, on 09 September 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

who are u to call it garbage

Your target audience...

User is offline   FTW23065 

Actually it's epic dude, can't wait for more. Keep making them.

View PostFTW23065, on 09 September 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

Actually it's epic dude, can't wait for more. Keep making them.

Wont stop making them... so don't worry.

View PostBlakeSongne, on 09 September 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

and yes u need a background in animation to use source filmmaker if this isnt true in 3 months i wanna see you make a 20 min animation, the animation in sfm is similiar to pixars old engine except u can import any model they are about to release the old pixar engine for free, and im pretty excited about that.

I don't do animation, I review video games and I will always have more views and subscribers than you, you little bitch.

But I have used SFM before and I know exactly how it works and Commander already blew your exuse of posting a video of his work which was 100x better than your spam shit which has no story at all.
So stop telling people "you can't do any better"
I have had Jon St John comment on my YouTube videos saying they were awesome, so they must be the best videos ever right?
Because under your logic of him liking your shity videos on Facebook they have to be.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options