Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 41 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   ETPC 

yeah, i know it's outside the scope of the project and my task but these levels are extremely annoying. im currently in the city part of dark place 4 and just running around in circles trying to figure out what to do. i'll keep going though, i want to be thorough.

User is offline   ETPC 

ok, finished the dark places episode! aside from the blue keycard and a sticky switch in dark places 5 (the ones that turn off the forcefields), it seems to be totally bug free.

User is online   Aleks 

It'd be probably good to check the maps in Mapster and hold left Shift over the suspicious keyswitch to see its channel links and if it should open the door next to it or something else.

User is offline   ETPC 

how do i do that with the way the addon pack is constructed? i'm very unfamilar with mapster compared to trenchbroom or GZDB/UDB

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

You can place a duke3d.def file in your Mapster32 directory with following entries:

loadgrp <Path to your duke3d.grp file>
loadgrp <Path to your desired mod>
include <Any def you want to load>

Example:
loadgrp c:\games\duke3d\duke3d.grp
loadgrp c:\games\duke3d\addons\zombiecrisis.grp

In theory, this should load all the art tiles and maps that come with both Duke3D and the mod in question when firing up Mapster32. I have to admit however that recently this didn't work for me any more.

User is offline   FistMarine 

Personally I just create a Mapster shortcut (for each GRP file that I have installed in my EDuke32 folder) and load the GRP file like this: /g(nameofmod)
Example of Mapster32 shortcut for Zombie Crisis:
D:\EDuke32\mapster32.exe /gzombiecrisis.grp

After you do that, all the mod's resources should be loaded. Hold CTRL+F for loading all maps from the GRP file. After that you are free to load each map you want.

User is offline   Ax 34noff 

Total Meltdown: "Plug and Pray" episode is hard but beatable. "Butt Kicking Zone" is multiplayer episode and the first 4 episodes are unmodified original ones i suppose..

• The Truth is in here

Yeah, that's how it's supposed to be. TM is (or was) the inofficial 5th episode before World Tour appeared. Normally I am hiding any of the original episodes, but for this I made an exception.

User is offline   ETPC 

ran through LAW's AVP TC, zero bugs or issues! might not be a bad idea to give some recommended color correction settings in the readme? i know you mention 'brightness level 4' but i wasen't sure what that corresponded to.

User is offline   ETPC 

ran through Duke Is Ten as well, no problems there either!

User is offline   ETPC 

One more: the Spiegul Contest maps have no issues or bugs!

User is offline   ETPC 

SHOWSTOPPER: Jungle Tour 3's textures do not load. eduke32.log has a line that says "loadpics: per-map ART file "/maps/junglet3_00.art": tile 3584 has dummytile or is locked"

this is on r9308

edit: updating to r309 fixed it? weird.

This post has been edited by ETPC: 04 February 2021 - 11:21 AM

• The Truth is in here

I think this was a reported issue with per-map user art, fixed recently.

User is offline   ETPC 

ah, good to hear. anyway, Jungle Tour Trilogy has zero issues otherwise!

also, i hope that author is doing ok nowadays.

This post has been edited by ETPC: 04 February 2021 - 11:48 AM

User is offline   jimbob 

anyone know if DECAY and AWOL ever got released?

User is online   Aleks 

View PostETPC, on 04 February 2021 - 11:40 AM, said:

ah, good to hear. anyway, Jungle Tour Trilogy has zero issues otherwise!

also, i hope that author is doing ok nowadays.

I've been in touch with Steph, he's perfectly fine, don't worry! ;)

User is offline   ETPC 

View PostAleks, on 05 February 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

I've been in touch with Steph, he's perfectly fine, don't worry! ;)

that's genuinely great to hear!

View PostNightFright, on 04 February 2021 - 11:35 AM, said:

I think this was a reported issue with per-map user art, fixed recently.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread because I've been busy with work, but this is not the case.
As the error states, either the tile is locked, or it is a dummytile, i.e. it has a "tilefromtexture" definition in a DEF file. Since Jungle Tour doesn't use DEF, we can rule the latter out.

The reason why it was fixed on the second attempt is because the error only occurs if you've entered E6L2 previously, which also has per-map art. So we can determine that it only happens after a per-map tile has been loaded previously. This can be done by loading the same map twice in a row, and it doesn't seem to matter how many non per-map tile using maps have been loaded in-between. The first load "taints" the storage somehow.

Furthermore, the problem doesn't occur for the AMC TC, which uses per-map tiles extensively. My suspicion here is that the tile range matters -- AMC uses tiles in the range 20480+ for per-map art, while Jungle Tour uses the usual usermap slot 3585-3839. Indeed if I only use the second per-map art file, where the range is from 3840-4095, no such issue occurs on repeated loads.
Speculation was wrong, this is the case because the AMC maps only lie around in folders and aren't loaded from GRP files.

EDIT: This only happens if the maps are loaded from within the GRP. I removed all scripts, sounds and music from the file and only left the maps, then included it through the `-g` parameter. This happens regardless of the tile range.

EDIT 2: And it turns out this is a problem of my own doing, it originates from r9266, which was a fix for another per-map art problem.

EDIT 3: Ok, found the cause and submitted a MR.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 06 February 2021 - 03:07 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

finished the christmas project, zero issues or bugs!

View PostETPC, on 04 February 2021 - 11:17 AM, said:

SHOWSTOPPER: Jungle Tour 3's textures do not load. eduke32.log has a line that says "loadpics: per-map ART file "/maps/junglet3_00.art": tile 3584 has dummytile or is locked"

this is on r9308

edit: updating to r309 fixed it? weird.

This should now actually be fixed with r9310

User is offline   ETPC 

playing through lost highway, and there is some visual weirdness on Toxic Gas (the third map), is this intentional? i'm running on r9310.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0021.png

• The Truth is in here

Surely not. Those are all city maps and the sky should be blue. Might be another port glitch.

User is offline   ETPC 

alright, i'll try it with a different version. that was the only map that had any kind of issues, so lost highway has zero bugs otherwise! i also ran through industrial complex episode and had no issues there either.

• The Truth is in here

Have you tried switching through renderers in this scene? It should look as intended in Classic at least. Otherwise something is fundamentally wrong.

User is offline   ETPC 

same in all three.

• The Truth is in here

Well, pretty sure it was not like this in 2016 when I playtested everything. Might be one of many things that broke in EDuke32 during the last years. I have no idea what this map does with the sky, though.

User is offline   ETPC 

yup, same issue on r9314.

also: battlefield 3 works perfectly! zero issues!

This post has been edited by ETPC: 27 February 2021 - 06:21 PM

User is offline   Ax 34noff 

I think we need a list here of what works, what doesn't (or does with bugs) and what isn't tested so we would know what to playtest next.

• The Truth is in here

OK
Spoiler

Issues
Spoiler

Showstoppers
Spoiler

It seems right now I would have to recommend a build around r7432 (Mar 19, 2019). A lot of issues were introduced after that.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 28 February 2021 - 06:43 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

ran through army of death! the maps worked fine, but there were CONSTANT error logs about audio files. invalid sounds for #398, #400, #397 ,#407 and #408. this is on r9314.

Share this topic:

• 41 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options