Duke4.net Forums: The Save Dnf Fund - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Save Dnf Fund

User is offline   motionblur 

HEY! If Hudon's here, I'm coming too ;)

I posted that over at 3DR alread - the idea is the same as with Blender's open movie projects. Get the money by preorders and donations and with that finish up the product.
If you don't know about it - google "Orange Project", "Elephant's Dream", "Big Buck bunny" or "Blender Project Peach" ....

The problem is: Blender Projects have a waaay smaller scale and tend to get finished in time. Also these Open movies are regularly keeping the fans up to date what is happening and how far the progress is.
3DRealms cloing down without any warning doesn't really qualify to raise trust in potential preorderers. A 12 year development cycle doesn't do, either. Not having any staff any more ... also won't help.

IF they really openly showed how far they are and how they want to finish it up and can prove they are not just burning through the money as they did years over years before ... yes. I could see myself preordering it maybe. I don't see that happening, though. It's more likely another studi picks the leftover DNF media up and finishes it half-assed but in time and budget.

This post has been edited by motionblur: 09 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

Desperate ideas for desperate times.

This is George's life's work & pension, he isn't about to let this die, he even restarted the game 2 (3?) times already. It will be released.

To quote Saddam Hussain from South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut :-

"Relax Man!"

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options