Duke4.net Forums: Suggestion for 3D REALMS / INTERCEPTOR - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestion for 3D REALMS / INTERCEPTOR

User is offline   gemeaux333 

I had such a "crazy" idea, but it could yeld some success :

A cross-over game including all the Build Games Heroes and their sidekicks (DUKE/DYLAN (or BOMBSHELL) , LO WANG/HOJI , LEONARD/BUBA , CALEB/OPHELIA ) in an exclusive campaign where they faces a common evil (multiplayer would not be forgotten)...
... you choose a main hero and his sidekick for the entire campaign, each of main hero and his sidekick have specific weapons/gameplay...
The interactions/lines between them would be funny I guess :( :
LO WANG : Hey DUKE, sing with me, # I GOT THE TOUCH , I GOT THE POWER ...#
DUKE NUKEM : # BORN TO BE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIILD ... #

Yes, I know : the main issue would be a Legal issue to gather all those ass-kickers in a single room, but when I see the success of "THE EXPANDABLES" I guess it could yeld success :( !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 06 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

3DRealms doesn't have the rights to Blood and Redneck Rampage; and they don't have the rights to make new Duke games either.

Now though, if you learn to mod, you can do such a thing yourself with EDuke32.

I wonder though if 3D Realms have the right to release new add-on content for Duke Nukem 3D. I'm sure this stuff was discussed somewhere and this idea was too.

It's an idea I always wanted to toy with but I'm crap at writing player code. Instead I devoted time to other projects that nobody is ever likely to see...

I needed to share this idea (not forbidden to day-dreaming :( ) !

The suggestion works with Devolver Digital as well...

I have heard that Devolver Digital is trying to get the rights for Blood in order to realize a remake...

For Redneck Rampage, look like Activision have the rights, and when they are not making loosy COD games, they are forgetting the old good ones licenses, such as CALL TO POWER (clone of CIV2) !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 06 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

Jace Hall wanted to do something with Blood, Devolver Digital wanted to do something with Blood, Interceptor wanted to do something with Blood, General Arcade wanted to do something with Blood.

It is not happening.

When I know that Atari have huge financial problems, I though they would be glad to get rid of the license for a generous amount of money...

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I didn't know Duke, Lo Wang, and Caleb had sidekicks. Who's Dylan and Hoji?

User is offline   Jblade 

I would have Bombshell as Duke's sidekick rather than Dylan, and Caleb would probably have Ophelia (if we want to consider Blood 2 canon....ugh)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Dylan was the foul-mouthed EDF soldier from DNF.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostJimmy, on 06 August 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Your idea is stupid and this thread sucks.

This post has been edited by The Angry Kiwi: 06 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

I first thought it would be great that bombshell were Duke's Sidekick, but by a "concours de circonstances" it was this 24/7 laughter of Dylan...
If Dylan and Hoji would exchange, it would give that :
DYLAN : I was helping a friend finding his wife, what a pussy !
HOJI : Do you know how many shadow beings would reap both their arms to have the third of your troubles, my poor friend ?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 06 August 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Dylan was the foul-mouthed EDF soldier from DNF.

Oh. Haha, I never played it.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

He was supposed to be Duke's old friend.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Hm, interesting.

This makes me wonder. There is a clear reference to Duke in Blood where he sees a mutilated Duke and Caleb says "I've got time to play with you". There's also one in Shadow Warrior where Lo Wang says "Haha, looks like Duke Nukem!" or something like that.

Is there a reference to Duke in Redneck Rampage?

Acutally, REDNECK RAMPAGNE was a complete parody/satyre of DUKE NUKEM 3D from the start to the end, and some are saying that this one is the less ambitious of all the DUKE 3D clones...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 06 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostJames, on 06 August 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

I would have Bombshell as Duke's sidekick rather than Dylan, and Caleb would probably have Ophelia (if we want to consider Blood 2 canon....ugh)

Ophelia was in the first Blood. You could easily resurrect her from that point. Posted Image

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 06 August 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

Ophelia was in the first Blood. You could easily resurrect her from that point. Posted Image

Yeah I know that, but I was just saying as far as blood 2 is concerned she's alive again :(

User is offline   MetHy 

View Postgemeaux333, on 06 August 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

Acutally, REDNECK RAMPAGNE was a complete parody/satyre of DUKE NUKEM 3D from the start to the end, and some are saying that this one is the less ambitious of all the DUKE 3D clones...

What the fuck man?!

I mean Redneck Rampage is all about fighting aliens (just like DUKE 3D) the difference is Leonard is (by analogy) the "Redneck Cousin" of the Duke, Xatrix wasn't trying to prove anything else, I guess they deeply inspired from MEN IN BLACK !

User is offline   MetHy 

I don't know what the fuck you're on man. Duke Nukem 3D didn't invent aliens.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 06 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

This is not what I was meant to say... I was based on the build games, nothing else...

Check this (maybe will clear things up) : http://www.abandonwa..._jeu.php?id=866

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 06 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postgemeaux333, on 06 August 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

I was based on the build games, nothing else...

So you're a 2.5d graphics engine?

No, hell no :( :D :( !

I based my explainations on the build engine games...

"Un an après «Duke Nukem 3d», l’engouement pour les doom-like de première génération n’est pas encore terminée. L’année 1997 compte encore beaucoup de titres de qualité, qui rompent avec le sérieux des premiers jeux du genre. Le moteur de «Duke Nukem 3d», le Build Engine, est utilisé pour de nombreuses productions, «Blood», «Shadow Warrior» mais aussi «Redneck Rampage». Tous transposent l’expérience de Duke, chacun avec son humour. Alors que «Blood» surfait sur une imagerie gore et «Shadow Warrior» sur l’ultra violence du cinéma asiatique (et un peu de Hentai aussi), «Redneck Rampage» lui va plus loin : parodier la parodie. «Redneck Rampage» reprend la trame déjà bien connue de «Duke Nukem 3d» (lui même l’ayant emprunté à « Doom», mais en la transposant dans un univers encore plus déjanté : celui des redneck américains.

Le choix des créateurs de «Redneck Rampage», Xatrix Entertainment (à l’origine de titres aussi emblématiques que Kingpin ou Call of Duty), n’est pas anodin. En 1997, les aliens et les rednecks ont la côte. Men In Black et South Park soufflent un vent de fraicheur dans le monde du 7ème art et «Redneck Rampage» se veut être l’héritier de cette mouvance récente. Comme «Blood» et «Shadow Warrior», il transpose l’expérience de «Duke Nukem 3d» d’une façon originale, quitte à personnaliser encore un peu plus le gameplay.

«Redneck Rampage» connaîtra par ailleurs un certain nombre d’add-on qui prolongeront le jeu. Redneck Rampage: Suckin' Grits on Route 66, sorti la même année, propose une douzaine de nouveaux niveaux. L’année suivante, Redneck Rampage Rides Again, apportera quant à lui une quizaine de niveaux ainsi que de nouveaux ennemis, armes et surtout l’apparition de véhicules, plutôt rares dans un jeu de ce genre à l’époque. "

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 06 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postgemeaux333, on 06 August 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

LO WANG/HOJI

That's not a BUILD game.

View Postgemeaux333, on 06 August 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

DYLAN

This aside, I hypothesize that this kind of thing is what 3DR is teasing with "Firepower Matters!". They've teased music from Alien Carnage, Stargunner, and Major Stryker. That's way too many individual games to bite off at once.

Shadow warrior is a build game, although the remake introduce Hoji :( !

And I don't know what is wrong with Dylan... every times I play DNF/THEDOCTORWHOCLONEDME, he make my day, especially when I fire on him (especially with the pregnator gun :D :P :( ) !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 06 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

No need to be 100% serious, JIMMY :( !

I wonder... do have Blood got any inspiration from Tim Burton's classic "BEETLEJUICE" ?

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 06 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostJimmy, on 06 August 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJimmy, on 14 October 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Wow, this thread sucks.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View Postgemeaux333, on 06 August 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

No need to be 100% serious, JIMMY :( !

I wonder... do have Blood got any inspiration from Tim Burton's classic "BEETLEJUICE" ?

Ok. Which drug is it?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options