• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestion for 3D REALMS / INTERCEPTOR

User is offline   gemeaux333 

What... never heard of Beetlejuice... where the hell are you comming from ? :(

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I'm asking what drug you are taking that's making you post such absurd things.

This post has been edited by KGBrony: 06 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

If I tell you it's natural, what would you say :( ?
And we don't need to be serious 24/7 :( !
Are you still wondering who are Dylan and Hoji ? This is for Hoji : http://youtu.be/jxj2rqcxzP4?t=3m22s

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 06 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

User is offline   MetHy 

View Postgemeaux333, on 06 August 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

No, hell no :( :D :( !

I based my explainations on the build engine games...

"Un an après «Duke Nukem 3d», l’engouement pour les doom-like de première génération n’est pas encore terminée. L’année 1997 compte encore beaucoup de titres de qualité, qui rompent avec le sérieux des premiers jeux du genre. Le moteur de «Duke Nukem 3d», le Build Engine, est utilisé pour de nombreuses productions, «Blood», «Shadow Warrior» mais aussi «Redneck Rampage». Tous transposent l’expérience de Duke, chacun avec son humour. Alors que «Blood» surfait sur une imagerie gore et «Shadow Warrior» sur l’ultra violence du cinéma asiatique (et un peu de Hentai aussi), «Redneck Rampage» lui va plus loin : parodier la parodie. «Redneck Rampage» reprend la trame déjà bien connue de «Duke Nukem 3d» (lui même l’ayant emprunté à « Doom», mais en la transposant dans un univers encore plus déjanté : celui des redneck américains.

Le choix des créateurs de «Redneck Rampage», Xatrix Entertainment (à l’origine de titres aussi emblématiques que Kingpin ou Call of Duty), n’est pas anodin. En 1997, les aliens et les rednecks ont la côte. Men In Black et South Park soufflent un vent de fraicheur dans le monde du 7ème art et «Redneck Rampage» se veut être l’héritier de cette mouvance récente. Comme «Blood» et «Shadow Warrior», il transpose l’expérience de «Duke Nukem 3d» d’une façon originale, quitte à personnaliser encore un peu plus le gameplay.

«Redneck Rampage» connaîtra par ailleurs un certain nombre d’add-on qui prolongeront le jeu. Redneck Rampage: Suckin' Grits on Route 66, sorti la même année, propose une douzaine de nouveaux niveaux. L’année suivante, Redneck Rampage Rides Again, apportera quant à lui une quizaine de niveaux ainsi que de nouveaux ennemis, armes et surtout l’apparition de véhicules, plutôt rares dans un jeu de ce genre à l’époque. "

This shit is wrong on so many things it's ridiculous. It implies South Park is about rednecks and that it is a movie in 1997... draws connections between RR, South Park and Men In Black... It says Rides Again is an add-on, and most of all this has nothing to do with what you were talking about since it doesn't say Leonard is Duke's "redneck cousin" and finally, this thread fucking sucks.

Edit : Oh yeah I see it now. This shit says "RR is a variant on Duke's story which itself is a variant on Doom's story".

Yeah....

No.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 07 August 2014 - 03:50 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I don't know why this is a discussion. The point of whether it is a good idea or not is entirely moot. The idea is not possible, end of discussion.

The closest thing we're ever going to get to this is probably the AMC TC, which incorporates enemies, gameplay ideas and some weapons from games like Blood and (by this time next year guaranteed) Shadow Warrior.
Yeah I know it doesn't have the story but whatever. Go read a book.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 07 August 2014 - 04:34 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Fans can make a mod. I'd love to see it.

User is offline   MetHy 

Yeah, if a team of talented modders which we can count on starts a mod like this, I'd join in. All 3 heroes, enemies, weapons from Blood, DN3D and SW; and levels created with textures from all of those, alternating the universe...

I think the hardest would be to reproduce Blood's enemies and weapons. Those are very advanced. BloodCM is MILES away.

This shit is wrong on so many things it's ridiculous. It implies South Park is about rednecks and that it is a movie in 1997... draws connections between RR, South Park and Men In Black... It says Rides Again is an add-on, and most of all this has nothing to do with what you were talking about since it doesn't say Leonard is Duke's "redneck cousin" and finally, this thread fucking sucks.

Edit : Oh yeah I see it now. This shit says "RR is a variant on Duke's story which itself is a variant on Doom's story".

Yeah....

No.

I didn't wrote the text :( , I have just copy/paste the text from here : http://www.abandonwa..._jeu.php?id=866 , and of course I didn't wrote it :( !

• Honored Donor

That'd be an insane amount of work though wouldn't it? 1000's of textures to convert and import, and like you say reproducing the enemies and weapons to be very close to the originals.

I mean at least you might be able to use Blood TC as a base. Duke stuff is obviously easy, so it'd be more a matter of all the SW stuff. But then having consistent, high quality and extremely varied level design with a loose story that brings it all together.

Like I said, at the moment the AMC TC is the closest thing, and each episode is taking years to make. Then again it's mostly just 2 guys working on it (plus contributions).

User is offline   MetHy 

View Postgemeaux333, on 07 August 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

I didn't wrote the text :( , I have just copy/paste the text from here : http://www.abandonwa..._jeu.php?id=866 , and of course I didn't wrote it :( !

I never said you did.

View PostMicky C, on 07 August 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

That'd be an insane amount of work though wouldn't it? 1000's of textures to convert and import, and like you say reproducing the enemies and weapons to be very close to the originals.

I mean at least you might be able to use Blood TC as a base. Duke stuff is obviously easy, so it'd be more a matter of all the SW stuff. But then having consistent, high quality and extremely varied level design with a loose story that brings it all together.

Like I said, at the moment the AMC TC is the closest thing, and each episode is taking years to make. Then again it's mostly just 2 guys working on it (plus contributions).

The amount of work highly depends on how big you want it to be..... Not every texture has to be in there. The easiest way would be an episode with a couple of levels per "gameworld"; and each sets of "gameworld" level has the textures and enemies from its respective game; however you can choose any character you want to go through that. Each character only uses HIS own weapons, so you don't have to draw Duke's hands on SW's and Blood's weapons and the same for all 2 others.... I think this would be the most simple way to do it, but it would still be a lot of work. Again, recreating accurate Blood behaviour seems to be the hardest thing to do to me.

The levels should contain what is regarded as the most cliché or remembered things from each perspective game. Then maybe have an extra couple of levels which mixes textures and enemies from all 3 games.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 07 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

User is offline   Ahcruna 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 06 August 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

Ophelia was in the first Blood. You could easily resurrect her from that point. Posted Image

Would be kinda hard since Ophelia was murdered, crucified to a slab and then cremated in the first game.

View PostJames, on 06 August 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

Yeah I know that, but I was just saying as far as blood 2 is concerned she's alive again :(

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that an alternate version of her and not Calebs Ophelia?
I had a hard time following the story in that bugged out mess because it kept crashing and insta-gibbing me all the time.

Was hard to finish that game. :(

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Nice job advertising AMC TC, Micky C. :(

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View PostAhcruna, on 07 August 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that an alternate version of her and not Calebs Ophelia?

It's the same one, but in the first Blood not much character development on Ophelia or the other 2 chosen was included, plus whatever ideas they had for them in Blood wasn't put in Blood 2, so they all seemed much different than you would've expected them to be.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Case in point: Gabriel became Gabriella.

User is offline   Ahcruna 

View Postgerolf, on 07 August 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

It's the same one, but in the first Blood not much character development on Ophelia or the other 2 chosen was included, plus whatever ideas they had for them in Blood wasn't put in Blood 2, so they all seemed much different than you would've expected them to be.

Ah I see.

View PostHendricks420, on 07 August 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

Case in point: Gabriel became Gabriella.

Save it for somebody who cares. heh.
Stephan Weyte <3

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostAhcruna, on 07 August 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Would be kinda hard since Ophelia was murdered, crucified to a slab and then cremated in the first game.

Yeah, it's not like Caleb basically defeated a God-like being and absorbed the souls of thousands into himself, giving him untold powers.

Seriously, it wouldn't be that hard to write "and then after defeating tchernobog, Caleb found a book of resurrection and brought his beloved Ophelia back from beyond." Posted Image

• Honored Donor

View PostKGBrony, on 07 August 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

Nice job advertising AMC TC, Micky C. :(

It's not like this thread is good for anything else Posted Image

Obviously I am one of the people working on the TC, however even if I wasn't I'd still have mentioned it given the similarities between it and the proposed Build Heroes TC thing. Or at least I would if I was aware of the many SW-styled maps in episode 2.
I'll admit twice (and now three times) is probably a bit much though.

Seriously, there's really nothing in sight for Blood (remake or sequel) from Devolver Digital or anyone else ?

• Honored Donor

View Postgemeaux333, on 09 August 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

Seriously, there's really nothing in sight for Blood (remake or sequel) from Devolver Digital or anyone else ?

I could browse around the forum collecting quotes by everyone from rabid fans, to well respected community leaders with insider info, to multiple people who are actually in the industry and have made multiple actual attempts to do something with Blood (either re-release or sequel), in order to prove my point. However I'm going to save myself a lot of time and just say

THERE IS NOTHING, NO POSSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING BLOOD EVER, SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND TALKING ABOUT IT. IT'S NOT HAPPENING.

Posted Image

It'll take some super miracle, with about the same probability as winning the lottery, the 2nd coming of Christ, and the sun exploding all at the same time. Failing that, the above information applies for the foreseeable future.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostThe Angry Kiwi, on 06 August 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

As the proverb says : "Never say never" :( !
But for sure, without prooves or disprooves, there's nothing to expect... :(

And I guess it's even more complicated for Redneck Rampage :D ...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 09 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Posted Image

Protip: The long con stops being a con when everyone knows it's a con.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I think it's funny. And it's not a con, it's real! Why doesn't anyone believe me?

EDIT:

Seriously, I wish my friends in real life were like this. I mention ponies once on accident and I'm branded a brony forever. But here on Duke4.net, on the internet, where I don't have to worry about what people think of me, I keep this spiel up for almost a year and no one believes me.

This post has been edited by Yay Ponies: 13 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

The con isn't long, it's gone full Lorena Bobbit.

User is offline   Jblade 

I legitimately don't understand the whole pony thing. Like, not even a little bit. I mean I can at least see what some people might get out of weird sexual deviant shit, but all this attachment to a terrible young child's cartoon? No matter what angle I look at it from, it just doesn't add up to any kind of logical sense.

But here on Duke4.net, on the internet, where I don't have to worry about what people think of me

You do if you don't want to end up on everybody's ignore list, and if you don't care that much than why are you here in the first place?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostJames, on 14 August 2014 - 01:53 AM, said:

I mean I can at least see what some people might get out of weird sexual deviant shit

Hahahaha, really? I'm a brony, and I don't even understand it.

Cloppers are less than 1% of the fandom.

No matter what angle I look at it from, it just doesn't add up to any kind of logical sense.

Right. I should instead be enjoying entertainment involving gore and murdering. What doesn't make logical sense to me is how humans love to watch other people suffer. Don't get me wrong, I love action movies too, but I like other styles of entertainment as well. Have any of you guys seen the Lego movie? How about Frozen? These films are phenomenally crafted and probably within the top 10 of movies to come out within the past year. Going back a bit, how about those all-time classics from the Disney Renaissance like The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Lion King? How about those Pixar films that were all huge innovations in computer animation like Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, Incredibles, and WALL-E? All these are amazing films, some of them innovations, others legendary, all of them classics, and all geared towards children. All these exist because of a magical formula developed in the early 90s by Walt Disney Animation Studios, which stated that in order to sell, not only did the kids have to like it, but the adults too, because that's the only way adults were going to buy this stuff for their kids. It forced animation studios to make high quality material. There were TV shows that implemented this concept too, most notably Spongebob, and another one I like is Phineas and Ferb. My Little Pony became as successful as it is now because it's the first show in history to apply these concepts to a show revolving completely around females. We've been waiting for years, and now that it's here, people can't get enough of it.

Keep in mind that there were men on the My Little Pony team before bronies even existed. Writers like Dave Polsky, M.A. Larson, and Scott Sonneborn (also a writer for Beavis and Butt-head). How about Jayson Thiessen, who is the supervising director of My Little Pony? All of these people do what they do because it's their jobs. You know, with families to house, clothe, and feed. Are they all cloppers too? John de Lancie guest stars as a character named Discord every now and then, and has become a huge fan of the brony fandom. Is he a sexual deviant too now?

You do if you don't want to end up on everybody's ignore list, and if you don't care that much than why are you here in the first place?

I think I meant it superficially. I care what you guys think of me, unless it stops me from being who I want to be.

This post has been edited by Yay Ponies: 14 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostYay Ponies, on 14 August 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Right. I should instead be enjoying entertainment involving gore and murdering.

I don't need to be Mikko Sandt to call you out on that strawman.

This is a Doug Huggem fansite after all.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostYay Ponies, on 14 August 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

<Extensive advertisement for My Little Pony>

The issue is not how well the show is made, I'm sure it's quite well made.
The issue is how freaking obsessive the fandom is.

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 14 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

....yeah like Hendricks said that entire post is just one huge strawman (that means that I said something about point A and you start arguing against points B,C,D,E,F,G and all the way to Z which has nothing to do with what I was talking about)

you're far too defensive about it, so I think you do feel a bit of shame about it. Seriously there's tons of better media for you to digest out there than a children's cartoon.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options