Duke4.net Forums: Dnf Vista - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dnf Vista

User is offline   X3NOMORPH 

Hey! B)

Im new round here, and ive been viewing the 3DR forums for a while now but a topic i havent seen is if duke will be a windows vista exclusive? like halo 2? really hope not, i aint got the money to buy a brand new OS :)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

X3NOMORPH, on Feb 21 2006, 09:01 PM, said:

Hey!  B)

Im new round here, and ive been viewing the 3DR forums for a while now but a topic i havent seen is if duke will be a windows vista exclusive? like halo 2? really hope not, i aint got the money to buy a brand new OS  :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry, it won't...
The only games that are going to be Vista-only, are games that required DX10...
Since Vista is needed to support DX10 too...
Besides, it would limit the sales extremely if choosing Vista only... Unless it's going to be very VERY delayed...

Anyways, i'm 100% sure, that it's NOT gonna be Vista only... So do not worry about that... B)

P.S. Welcome to Duke4.net... I like your name, it fits to my Avatar... B)

ooo thanks B)

So really the game shouldn’t be too far off... I mean if they leave it too long everyone will have gone to vista and wouldn’t that mean more programming for 3DR to get it working on that OS? Maybe a change of engine? :)

User is offline   Micki! 

X3NOMORPH, on Feb 21 2006, 10:16 PM, said:

ooo thanks B)

So really the game shouldn’t be too far off... I mean if they leave it too long everyone will have gone to vista and wouldn’t that mean more programming for 3DR to get it working on that OS? Maybe a change of engine?  :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's no way the game will be delayed for too long just to make it work on Vista...
And changing the engine is the last thing 3DR would want now...
I don't even think the game has to be optimized for Vista at all... There are many old games that were designed for Win95/98 which still work perfectly on XP... (some doesn't however, But those are REALLY old)

yeah I remembered that as I posted it :)

User is offline   Halcyon 

I guess thousands of fans would storm the 3DR offices and lynch every single 3DR member if DNF would be Vista-exclusive. XD

:)

User is offline   Micki! 

In any case, i have this one ready...
---
Posted Image
---

User is offline   s0d28 

haha thats great

User is offline   Halcyon 

Haha, great one Micki! B)
But I miss the "Wanted Dead or Alive!" :)

User is offline   Micki! 

Halcyon, on Feb 23 2006, 02:20 PM, said:

Haha, great one Micki! B)
But I miss the "Wanted Dead or Alive!" B)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, the website which makes these, automaticly adds "WANTED for"... The "for" ruins such a sentence... :)

User is offline   Charger 

Hi i am new here, but to be competitive against games like halo 2, unreal tournament 2k7 unreal 3 or crisys, 3dr will have to change the engine to one that suits the need for graphic quality B) i mean if they won't change it to one that is competitive against the ones above ( rofl engines games are made on :) ) and release the game, it will be finish from the start.
Besides that, changing the engine WILL delay the game so again and again we will have to wait :|

What makes you so sure that DNF's engine can't already compete with those you mention ?

Name a specific feature that they have got that the DNF engine hasn't got.

User is offline   Micki! 

Indeed... DNF's engine supports pretty much most of the popular features that one would expect/want in a new good FPS game...

That is, both graphics, and more... Like any other developer, they think ahead, meaning it'll look good for the time it's meant to be out...

User is offline   Charger 

I doubt about it, B) anyway, it must have directX 10 implemented to " catch your eye " :))
I am sure that this isn't about certain engine feture, it's all about how well optimized the engine is B)) I learned that my self with The Mark game ---> Totally unoptimized engine.... and so it was with Gothic 3 till patch v1.06 i think B)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options