Duke4.net Forums: Favorite boss fight? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite boss fight?

User is offline   ---- 

LkMax, on 19 August 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

The main difference was the length and the total absence of hype compared to the base game.

The main differences were: The tone and writing were completely different, timing was better and some gameplay sequences were much better than in the main campaign.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 20 August 2014 - 12:15 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

fuegerstef, on 20 August 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

The main differences were: The tone and writing were completely different

Really?
The writing was the same, but that time Dylan was making more crappy jokes than Duke.

fuegerstef, on 20 August 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

and some gameplay sequences were much better than in the main campaign.

uh... I don't think so, really. Maybe it had less cutscenes and boring physics puzzles (I don't remember that well), but that was about it, the rest was very similar as I pointed out.

User is offline   ---- 

LkMax, on 20 August 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

Really?
The writing was the same ...

True. If one only looks at the surface and isn't sensitive enough to notice the subtle differences. Which in the end cane make it very different.

This had been discussed so often here ... too tired to discuss it another time. Look it up in the posts around the time the DLC came out.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

So, the only cut contents that could be added to the game would be added to the existing campaigns ?

The only thing is regret is... I wish the "VALYRIE bombing" moment were lasting much longer, because it was the funnier moment of the game :( !

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

How so?

An entire level long, but with chalenge increasing at every fights where you would have to choose carefully amongs the enemies who you had to bomb first because they use rocket launcher and are more numerous every times, and of course more destructible objects (just for fun and helping for the chalenge) !

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

My favorite boss battle would have to be the end of the game rematch with the Cycloid. I really liked I mean it was open space battle it out with him and the atmosphere was pretty cool at that scene. Plus all the aliens spawning in made it a bit difficult especially on damn i'm good skill.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I disagree about the enemies spawning in being a good thing. Face it, the bosses would be pretty damn simple and easy if weaker enemies didn't keep spawning, especially in the 2nd half of the game. I swear for the octaking and Queen fight, the octabrains were the main challenge, which shouldn't be the case. It reeks of poor, unimaginative design.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

People are still talking about this game?

User is offline   Paul B 

Interesting this topic should arise... I'm working on a similar approach by trying to change the Boss fight scene a little. The approach this time will be Duke being pitted against a Big Boss and unarmed. Health and armor will be scattered through out the area and Duke will have to navigate his way through this under ground cave while pillars of rock in the cave get blown up as the Boss chases Duke. (Similar to that of Insurance Overload Mini Boss scene by Alias Conrad Coldwood but different atmosphere). The idea behind the game play will be to lure the boss down a path in a cave to a dead end. The Boss will assist Duke by exploding a concrete fence in which Duke will be able to gain entrance into a different part of the map. As Duke progresses it will be Duke's responsibility to draw the enemy Boss into a pit and to close the hatch over top of the pit effectively trapping the boss but not killing him.

My favorite boss fight was Duke Hard's Finale minus the flying shooting rocket ships.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 26 February 2015 - 01:57 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options