Duke4.net Forums: Iron sights - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Iron sights

Poll: Iron sights (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Iron sights

1. They rock and add realism to the game (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

2. They suck cock and block your view (4 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

3. I don't give a shit (22 votes [70.97%])

Percentage of vote: 70.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is offline   Gambini 

I think they are the single good thing -visuals aside- modern gaming brought to the scene.

User is offline   LkMax 

uh... they rock?
BRING IT ON HATEHRSSSS!!!!
IRON S1GHTs F0R3V4RRRR, since 1992

420 Blaze it faggot

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

"I don't give a shit"

You either add them to your game or you don't, it doesn't really bother me unlike the recent Rise of the Triad reboot which has iron sights that do nothing at all :P

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Iron sights are not a big deal for me. I'll play a game with or without them.
I'm not one of those fanatics who thinks that, if any game includes an iron sight option, it is automatically deserving of a 1-star rating and universal repudiation.

User is offline   Ahcruna 

I don't really care if they are in the game or not, but I wouldn't really call them realistic. In the majority of the games that use iron sight they have this zoom effect on the whole screen instead of only making the weapon come in close.
Makes it feel like the player character has cyborg-binocular eyes. :P

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

In a fair amount of games they're mostly optional, only really providing a bit of zoom (if that). This makes it easier to see and aim at enemies from a larger distance. Other games which are true tactical military shooters where soldiers would be using ironsights all the time also make sense to require the player to use them for greater accuracy, so that's fine as well, even though it's not the sort of game I'd play.

Although if a game dramatically reduces the damage and accuracy of guns even when the enemy's right in front of you, that's a no-go.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I dislike them when they are required for accurate aiming. I wouldn't mind them zooming in a tad or slowing down the look movement a few values, but if it actually affects the logic of the gunfire to be more precise beyond that I'm against it. I was happy with SS3's approach.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 July 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

I dislike them when they are required for accurate aiming. I wouldn't mind them zooming in a tad or slowing down the look movement a few values, but if it actually affects the logic of the gunfire to be more precise beyond that I'm against it. I was happy with SS3's approach.

You mean like this?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Yep.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

User is offline   Mark 

I don't really like it. It can block too much of the view. Couple that effect with kickback during weapon firing and its double annoying.

I believe they work fine in games like STALKER etc.

User is offline   Soap DX 

I think they can enhance the experience if well done, they work better in some games or specific guns. I think my favorite example would be Killingfloor, there. Is no cross-air on the screen so when you use the iron sight it actually is useful.

This post has been edited by Soap DX: 25 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Depends on the game, i mean Counter strike is fine without iron sights.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Yes, it depends on the game. I think it's fine for Call of Duty, but it's just another reason to say "fuck Brutal Doom".

I will shit all over any mod that adds iron sights to Duke 3D gameplay.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

I think that in games which apply them in a realistic way and are going for that kind of rough realism, they work. A game that doesn't have a crosshair at all works with iron sights for obvious reasons (if you like those sorts of games). A fast paced shooter where the "hero" shoots from the hip anyway does not need iron sights.

User is offline   Jenz/Amaka 

I don't mind ironsight as long as it doesn't hurt hip firing accuracy. Games like Wolfenstein New Order was nice enough to have "ok" accuracy when shooting from hip, but games like CoD, NO. Although I never use Ironsights and it's absolutely annoying in all games EXCEPT, ArmA series.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Iron Sights aren't really an issue. It's all the other bullshit that modern games do to the FPS genre. Turning them into

INTRO --CUTSCENE----------CUTSCENE--------CUTSCENE--------CUTSCENE----------CUTSCENE---
-------CUTSCENE----------CUTSCENE-----------CUTSCENE-------------END 

affairs.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostHendricks420, on 25 July 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

I will shit all over any mod that adds iron sights to Duke 3D gameplay.

I was expecting brownfarted to reply to this.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostFox, on 26 July 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Actually, I was mulling the idea of teaming up with brownfarted to create an iron sights mod for Duke Nukem 3D just out of spite. It'd be called... "Iron Duke: The Shitty Mod"

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 26 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostFox, on 26 July 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

What a bunch of Dookie.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options