Duke4.net Forums: Blood on Steam - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood on Steam

So, Blood just got released on Steam
http://store.steampo...com/app/299030/

And it's just the GOG re-release.

At this rate we will never get the source code anyways, so why even bother insisting.

This post has been edited by AlektorophobiA: 14 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Blood on Steam is $4.99.

Blood on GoG is $5.99.

Based on the fact that you live in Chile, you either have region-based pricing or else are very confused.

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 14 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

Oh, my bad then, for some reason i read it as $9.99, sorry.

User is offline   Lunick 

Thanks Atari...

Pointless release, really. I'd rather pay $1 extra to support GOG than support Steam.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Holy god the horrid frame-rate in Atari's trailer.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostStrikerMan780, on 14 July 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Yeah they didn't even bother, the screenshots are mostly (if not all?) from first maps, too. Guy who did this were probably discovering the game as they were putting it there...

View PostStrikerMan780, on 14 July 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Was going to mention this as well. Blood does run like shit on DOSBox, but if you have a powerful enough PC you can make it run well. Anyone who watched the vid and doesn't know about the game will think this is a POS console port of some sort with horrid framerate.

Also, no recognition to Monolith in the trailer.

This post has been edited by Duke of Hazzard: 14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

User is offline   Idiotska 

Remember, all incarnations of Atari HATE making money. The 2600 was an accident, that's why they made the 5200.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I thought Atari didn't exist anymore?

User is offline   Idiotska 

Atari died several times.. and kept coming back angrier with each reincarnation. Like a phoenix created by the fallen angel Lucifer himself.

This post has been edited by Idiotska: 14 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 14 July 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

Was going to mention this as well. Blood does run like shit on DOSBox, but if you have a powerful enough PC you can make it run well. Anyone who watched the vid and doesn't know about the game will think this is a POS console port of some sort with horrid framerate.

Also, no recognition to Monolith in the trailer.

TBH it ran like shit on real DOS too, try running it on that Pentium 75 the box claims is the minimum. The big setback in DOSBox though is lack of proper Pentium emulation, I think it may also make use of some MMX instructions. Also, fuck Monolith, it's their fault for turning the franchise into crap in the first place, Blood II anyone? That doesn't even run on my systems... Well, nah, I did find a P2 that could run it but it rendered each surface as a flat color, no I didn't try a 3DFX card because 3DFX suck and I'm not screwing my Windows installation up just to run that pieceashit of a game.

P.S. I jinxed it;

View PostHigh Treason, on 13 July 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

...Then, get a Steam version out, a sort of "Blood Reloaded" if you will.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

no I didn't try a 3DFX card because 3DFX suck

:P

What is it with you and hating awesome things? I'm surprised you like Duke. :P (ps- MT-32 challenge is still accepted, finding time is hard)

I don't hate awesome things, explain how the 3DFX Voodoo was awesome, it was slow, it used mechanical relays, the image quality was awful, it wasted a PCI slot and if you remove it you won't be able to run 3D accelerated stuff on your other card. I never really succeeded in getting 3DFX support to work.

Keep in mind, I never bothered with Voodoo 2 due to the bad experience with the Voodoo 1 plus ATI/nVidia/Matrox had good cards around then and Direct3D/OpenGL was taking over so it certainly seemed like the wrong API to invest in.

I wondered how the Roland challenge was coming along, looking forward to hearing that especially as my MT-32 stopped working when I tried programming a few patches in.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 14 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I don't like the 3DFX versions of BUILD games. They use bilinear filtering (an atrocity) and voxels don't work.

I have somewhere footage of Blood on a 3DFX card, it rendered unusually bright for some reason, SW just lagged out.

Posted Image

NOTE: It'll be better if the Y U No guy was dressed like Caleb by the photoshopping store at The Mall of the Dead.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 14 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

I think it's the only major Build game missing a source release isn't it?

You'd have to question why they do this.

I mean, it certainly doesn't hurt their sales. You still need the game files to use a source port.

So why do they still hold onto the source code and keep it a secret? There's no point anymore. If anything it would help them.

This post has been edited by Duke of Hazzard: 14 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 14 July 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

You'd have to question why they do this.

I mean, it certainly doesn't hurt their sales. You still need the game files to use a source port.

So why do they still hold onto the source code and keep it a secret? There's no point anymore. If anything it would help them.

I started a thread on steam basically saying this. There is a lot of money to be made with a modern port, everyone should go and convince them on their forum.

http://steamcommunit...50791805060971/

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 14 July 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

That and Redneck Rampage.

View PostDrek, on 14 July 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

I started a thread on steam basically saying this. There is a lot of money to be made with a modern port, everyone should go and convince them on their forum.

http://steamcommunit...50791805060971/

Voted!

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 14 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Oh, sorry. I thought Redneck Rampage had had its source released.

User is offline   ZedSlayer 

Hopefully Steam can gather more attention to the game than before, so we might be a step closer to the publishers/owners/whoever getting a clue and bringing us that source code.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 14 July 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

That and Redneck Rampage.

and its sequel and Powerslave!
Spoiler

User is offline   Lunick 

I can only imagine the bitching about the strafing in Powerslave.

User is offline   MetHy 

Casuals wouldn't understand that Powerslave doesn't need 'regular' strafing (or up/down mouselook) and was built without it in mind. Give it 'regular' strafing and it removes half of the challenge.
But if people are repulsed by that, they wouldn't understand what makes Powerslave so awesome anyway.

It would depend how retarded the port makers get, I guess I wouldn't mind having full mouselook (like in modern Doom sourceports) but if they gave it full strafing they'd ruin it.

We're hypothesizing on something that's never gonna happen though; unless someone knows where to find some old Lobotomy devs and ask them and they somehow still have access to it and are willing to share it.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 15 July 2014 - 03:24 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

I have hopes and dreams MetHy that someone will make a port for Powerslave one day. Don't go ruining my hopes and dreams now...

https://www.change.o...e-code-to-blood

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

^Cute.

User is offline   Lunick 

Isn't that like the forth petition?

User is offline   Kyanos 

there is this tweet too, it's almost another petition.
https://twitter.com/...748115353411586

ohhhh General Arcade retweeted this one. Good luck guys, here's hoping!
https://twitter.com/generalarcade

Retweeted by General Arcade
jcm @janiclol ยท 3h
@atari Blood fans still await a proper release (source port, achievements, etc). Maybe in co-op with @generalarcade ?

This post has been edited by Drek: 15 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options