• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playing through Duke3D on youtube

User is offline   Moggimus 

E2L4: http://youtu.be/NyLz--6NXh0

E2L5: http://youtu.be/Yegs9NwDnJE

I started working on fixing that corrupted map, I've managed to clean up quite a bit. Sadly though, it seems an effect I tried to use a few times is by its nature a corruption =(

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Depending on what the corruption is it might be ok. You definitely don't want anything level 4 or 5, but you can probably get away with level 3 or under as long as you don't notice any negative side effects.

Obviously you'd want to avoid all corruptions if possible, but if you're setting up some sophisticated effects (and you know what you're doing) then don't worry about it.

Well, maybe I can get away with it then. The effect I'm referring to is collapsing a red sector down to a single line on a wall in order to use a different shading on a vertical portion of the wall. Unless there's a better way to accomplish that?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You can press 2 on the wall to swap the bottom texture, allowing you to shade the top and bottom seperately, and bring the ceiling and floor together to make it look like a solid wall.

However if this isn't against a white wall, then I'd suggest either making the sector really thin instead, or if the corruption is resulting from a sector with only 2 walls, I'd suggest simply inserting a third vertex somewhere so that it's still a line but still has 3 walls.

Videos are currently on hold because Verizon is a piece of shit. =(

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options