Duke4.net Forums: WinXP SP3 VESA patch? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WinXP SP3 VESA patch?  "Is there one available?"

User is offline   Corvin 

• King of the Lamers

Looking for a patch that patch's WinXP SP3 vga.sys file to open up I/O ports for video cards that have at least VBE 2.0 support built in.
Is there one for SP3?

I researched this to death and can't find the required patch. I've gone as far as trying multiple patch's separately but there all for up to SP2.
Even contacted a author of one of the most popular patch but got no response.

This is to get BUILD Games without source ports, like Blood to run without DOSBox. Why? DosBox runs to slow on the target systems.

This is the only problem I (others) have regarding running the games under XP, there simply isn't a vga.sys patch around for SP3.

Here's a list of patch's that patch up to SP2
http://dukertcm.com/...al-tools-dosxp/

Any help would be appreciated. -Thanks

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

What happens if you take the patched vga.sys from a SP2 install and overwrite the one in your SP3 install?

User is offline   Corvin 

• King of the Lamers

Hmmm, I think I did that years ago, think it comes up corrupt.

The one patch (VGAFIX) winxpfix.zip knows which version to patch, it avoids SP3 cause its not supported. Thats the one I contacted the author about, but got no response.
He said send in your vga.sys file and he'll make a new patch, but his website was last updated 2008.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options