Duke4.net Forums: Mapster32 Help Script - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster32 Help Script

User is offline   Kyanos 

Posted Image

Attached File  Mapster32 Help Script.zip (8.41K)
Number of downloads: 272

Updated June 22 2016: Added most interactive in-game sprites, plus Polymer light se's 49&50
Attached File  help.zip (10.39K)
Number of downloads: 137

To install, simply extract the zip into the folder with mapster32.exe, or copy the code from the spoiler.
Spoiler

Then either open the console in mapster32 (~) and type "include help"
or make a file called m32_autoexec.cfg and add the line "include help" to it.

This is a work in progress, currently there is a message for all sectoreffector lotag effects, and the first 9 special sprites.
Please give me some feedback, specifically any errors, or even questionable grammar.
I plan to add messages for the switches, APlayer sprites, and explodables like the fire extinguisher. What other tiles deserve a quick message?

I don't see this going any further on my part, feel free to add to it or edit it and share here.

This post has been edited by Drek: 22 June 2016 - 09:22 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Probably everything on this page that can be tagged for an effect: http://infosuite.duk...pecial_textures

Looks pretty intimidating because there's a lot there, however a lot of it is just stuff that gets destroyed when you damage it so you can just skip all that.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Sounds good to me. It's nowhere near as much info as the se-lotags, most of those sprites are groups that work basically the same way, so I've thrown a switch/case into the script to display the same quotes for multiple sprites.
(eg. all guns/ammo/health will show this message)

LOTAG: 0/1 = SPRITE APPEARS IN GAME FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS
2 = LETS ROCK OR HARDER; 3 = COME GET SOME AND HIGHER
4 = SPRITE APPEARS IN GAME FOR DAMN I'M GOOD ONLY

PALETTE: 0 = APPEARS IN ALL MODES
PALETTE: >0 = MULTIPLAYER-ONLY

User is offline   Kyanos 

Bump, I updated the original post, script now includes info on Polymer light sprites, and most of the interactive in-game sprites like explosives, keys, cracks, viewscreens... renamed variables so it is no longer dependent on a.m32 nor will it interfere with that script if both are run at the same time.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options