Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem HR v4.1 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem HR v4.1

User is offline   Luktom100 

Hi there :P
Umm i know, that it might sound weird, but im looking for HRP v4.1.0 Update and DukeDC HRP v1.51. Could someone please help me with that?? Im looking for it about 2 days now, but i menage only to find Duke HRP v4.0 and im really depserate, to have the last Non Polymer versions.

Thanks for all help.

This post has been edited by Luktom100: 04 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

http://hrp.duke4.net/download.php

Version 5.3, actually. And DC 1.61

Welcome.

EDIT: DO NOT extract things to the autoload folder. TX gets angry when you do that. The website needs to be updated to match the current recommendations from the EDuke32 development team/lead.

This post has been edited by The Real Slim Flibble: 06 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Latest HRP should also work fine with Polymost, actually.

The links for HRP 4.0 have been removed from the website for overview purposes, but the links still work:
HRP v4.0 SFX archive (401 MB)
HRP v4.0 zipfile (285 MB)

For updates beyond that, maybe it's best to ask LeoD. I am sure he still has all the old files stored somewhere.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostLuktom100, on 04 July 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Umm i know, that it might sound weird, but im looking for HRP v4.1.0 Update and DukeDC HRP v1.51. Could someone please help me with that?? Im looking for it about 2 days now, but i menage only to find Duke HRP v4.0
Thundik81's old mirror is still up and holds the files you're looking for.

View PostThe Real Slim Flibble, on 06 July 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

DO NOT extract things to the autoload folder
Yup. Only archives in autoload, please, which usually means ZIP, and in a few cases, custom GRP files.

View PostLuktom100, on 04 July 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

im really depserate, to have the last Non Polymer versions.

View PostNightFright, on 07 July 2014 - 01:24 AM, said:

Latest HRP should also work fine with Polymost, actually.
As NightFright said, the latest and greatest Non Polymer HRP is part of the main HRP (again). Add -hduke3d_hrp_polymost.def to your command line or follow my signature and get the Polymost Override Pack that will activate it (recommended).

• The Truth is in here

I have edited the FAQ on the HRP website a bit since until now, it wasn't quite clear that the override pack is required to make Polymost work with HRP 5.x.

At the end of the day, you are better off using latest HRP even as a Polymost user since you will still profit from additional textures, models and other improvements which have been added since v4.x - without having to worry about visual problems with the older renderer.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 08 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

User is offline   Luktom100 

Thank you all very much :P

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostLeoD, on 07 July 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Add -hduke3d_hrp_polymost.def to your command line or follow my signature and get the Polymost Override Pack that will activate it (recommended).

View PostNightFright, on 08 July 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

I have edited the FAQ on the HRP website a bit since until now, it wasn't quite clear that the override pack is required to make Polymost work with HRP 5.x.
It is not. You may have misread my post. It's just that the command line approach will interfere with mods and addons. Drop the Override Pack into into autoload instead and you're done for DukePlus, Attrition, DC, Vaca, and NW. The related part of the HRP FAQ should look somewhat like this:

With HRP v5.2 or later, it is actually possible to use the older Polymost renderer without suffering issues, e.g. badly aligned HUD weapons. There are two ways to make that work ( a/b ):

a ) Use the Override Pack
Get the Polymost HRP Override Pack by LeoD and put it into the same directory as the HRP zipfile (usually \autoload).

b ) Add a start parameter to EDuke32

b 1:
Create a shortcut to eduke32.exe (if you have not done so already). To do it, right-click on eduke32.exe in your Duke3D directory, choose "Send to" and "Desktop (Create shortcut)".

b 2:
Edit the shortcut by right-clicking it on the desktop and choose "Properties". The "Shortcut" tab will be opened directly.
Add the parameter -hduke3d_hrp_polymost.def to the "Target" command line. Click "Apply" to confirm your changes.

Method a) is to be preferred because it provides better compatibility with the official addons and some mods like DukePlus which may have their own starting parameters for EDUke32 already.

When starting EDuke32, a launcher will pop up. There, be sure to deactivate (i.e. untick) the Polymer renderer option. You should now be ready to enjoy the HRP with Polymost!

This post has been edited by LeoD: 20 July 2014 - 03:16 AM

• The Truth is in here

Fair enough. FAQ has been modified. ^^

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options