Duke4.net Forums: How to make custom episodes? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to make custom episodes?

User is offline   Darkhog 

While making custom maps is cool and I'll probably at first will make several maps that stand on their own, but my goal is to make custom episode and then try my luck at total conversion (but last one is far away, like several years far away).

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDarkhog, on 04 July 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

... but my goal is to make custom episode and then try my luck at total conversion.

Ironic, I started like that 16 years ago, my advice is to write out your plans first, even if it is just for a hobby and not even close to an entire game. It will help you to gather the right team members (unless you are a lone wolf) and save you a lot of wasted time.
http://seriousgamesn...assets/view/238

This post has been edited by Hank: 04 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

User is offline   Darkhog 

I don't even plan on starting TC now, I want first to get out few standalone maps and then custom episode, after that I'll worry about TC stuff. But I need to know a way to pack maps into custom episode that wouldn't replace any existing ones.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Add to user.con, IIRC eduke32 supports more than just 4 episodes, look at the lines where the level times are.

or read the wiki
http://wiki.eduke32....Definelevelname

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostDarkhog, on 04 July 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

I don't even plan on starting TC now, I want first to get out few standalone maps and then custom episode, after that I'll worry about TC stuff. But I need to know a way to pack maps into custom episode that wouldn't replace any existing ones.

Good idea, you'd want to practice your mapping skills on stand alone maps (and also give people a chance to give you feedback for improvement) before stepping up to a TC Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options