Duke4.net Forums: Starting Mapster from Eduke's launcher? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Starting Mapster from Eduke's launcher?

User is offline   Darkhog 

Since mapster is already part of eduke's distribution, could you add button that says "Launch Mapster32" to eduke's launcher window? This way we won't need to keep separate shortvuts to Mapster and Eduke, just one for eduke and we'll be able to open editor if we wish through launcher.

User is offline   Kyanos 

name this launch.bat or something. put it in gameroot and make your shortcut from it.
set /p mode="[1]=Eduke32 [2]=Mapster: " %=%

if [%mode%] == [1] eduke32.exe
if [%mode%] == [2] mapster32.exe

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Thanks Drek. I'll probably be using that.

Got Powershell version? From what I read, bat files will stop working by Windows 9 (or whatever it'll be called) as it is one of few leftovers from DOS times and we'll have to use Powershell instead. I'd rather not have to rewrite my bat scripts or this one.

User is offline   Kyanos 

you crack me up man :P
I'll get right on that

View PostRadar, on 04 July 2014 - 08:04 AM, said:

Thanks Drek. I'll probably be using that.

I use bats here a lot to fire up LAN DM matches with the old-mp build.

This post has been edited by Drek: 04 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Thanks. You probably would want to update your old-mp bats as well. From what I've read on one of MS employee's blog (don't remember which one) Win9 is near and beta version (a.k.a. "Consumer preview") will be released somewhere between mid-2015 to 2015 fall. Unfortunately "modern" interface (a.k.a. glorified Program Manager from Win 3.1) is still there but we'll at least have choice (and yes, I know there will be/is update for 8 that adds start menu back, but in 9 it been said to be in from get go).

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

We briefly talked about this on #eduke32 and the conclusion is that it would make sense to integrate the editor into the same exe, but it would need more infrastructure--the same infrastructure as when we add SW (and TekWar, etc) support. A button next to "Start" isn't optimal.

Thanks for sharing this idea.

You're welcome.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options