Duke4.net Forums: Need help from native American English Speaker! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need help from native American English Speaker!

User is offline   Hellbound 

Wow, my login on these forums still works, can't believe it. ^_^

For those who don't remember me, I was still very active in DN3d modding community about 7 years ago (I've made some projects like Platoon remake or some model for HRP pack - I hope someone remade them from scratch :)).

I'm writing because now I own my game developing company and we're making our first project (well, first for the company, but for people it's usually their 5th game or something about) and I'm looking for some native American to check out our voiceover lyrics, regarding their language correctness and to help me make them natural. American-english is not my first language, so I won't make it myself. There's not a lot of this text, it's not a goddamn cRPG game. ;)

Any volunteers? We can talk about money for that (but not big, because it's a very small job) and of course there is a golden throne in game credits awaiting. :P

This post has been edited by Hellbound: 25 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

User is offline   Cage 

Dude, you're alive! Thought you were bit by a radioactive animation keyframe and died, or something. Good luck with your company and projects!

Sorry, can't offer help but I've had to greet you :)

BTW. You're looking for native Americans, or American English native speakers? There's a difference ^_^

This post has been edited by Cage: 25 June 2014 - 01:06 AM

View PostCage, on 25 June 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

BTW. You're looking for native Americans, or American English native speakers? There's a difference :)

LOL, I was writing that right after waking up, you're right. ^_^

Yeah, I'm alive and quite hard working, 7 years in the gamedev industry. If not this community, I would never make video games for the living.
I didn't know you're still in DN3d buissness, hah!

Allright guys, I need just an American, not "Native American". ;)

This post has been edited by Hellbound: 25 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Jaro został wyjebany z farmy! Pewnie dlatego, że uprawiał za dużo ziela, o czym dobitnie świadczy jego nazwisko. Nie wiedział, że to farma gier ^_^ Sorry I couldn't help.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Hey Hellbound, long time no see since 3DR. Dat Blood & Gore Pack.

I can volunteer to look over your lyrics. I've done English proofing for zykov eddy and DanM before.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View PostSpiker, on 25 June 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

Jaro został wyjebany z farmy! Pewnie dlatego, że uprawiał za dużo ziela, o czym dobitnie świadczy jego nazwisko. Nie wiedział, że to farma gier ^_^ Sorry I couldn't help.

Siema

PM sent to Hendricks266. ^_^

This post has been edited by Hellbound: 25 June 2014 - 06:57 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostHellbound, on 25 June 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

Allright guys, I need just an American, not "Native American". ^_^

They're the same goddamn thing regardless of what political correct assholes would have you believe.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostCommando Nukem, on 25 June 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

They're the same goddamn thing regardless of what political correct assholes would have you believe.

then technically we are all african

View PostForge, on 25 June 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

then technically we are all african

Liberal propaganda

User is offline   Kyanos 

The Hopi came from the underworld to America. Not Africa. Don't believe me ask them, or just go look around the Grand Canyon, near the temples named from Egyptian gods...

User is offline   Forge 

View PostBlue Lightning, on 25 June 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

Liberal propaganda

right. and the earth is only 7,000 years old.
conservative intentionally ignorant white supremest dogma

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostBlue Lightning, on 25 June 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

Liberal propaganda

Scientific fact.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Scientific fact but there's numerous different branches of human evolution. If you look at the genetic makeup of modern man it's remarkable how different races are. For example, Africans lack any and all traces of neanderthal DNA. Asians have traces of denisovan DNA.

So while we all came from Africa the journey over the past quarter of a million years has been totally different.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostProtected by Viper, on 25 June 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

Scientific fact but there's numerous different branches of human evolution. If you look at the genetic makeup of modern man it's remarkable how different races are. For example, Africans lack any and all traces of neanderthal DNA. Asians have traces of denisovan DNA.

So while we all came from Africa the journey over the past quarter of a million years has been totally different.

What is this legit science crap you're spouting? Who the hell are you and what have you done with Viper?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

This thread has already turned to shit from the OP.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostThe Angry Kiwi, on 25 June 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

This thread has already turned to shit from the OP.

it was fine until you showed up

Hellbound was asking for a voice over person, all this shit your wanking on about has got nothing to do with that.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostThe Angry Kiwi, on 25 June 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

Hellbound was asking for a voice over person, all this shit your wanking on about has got nothing to do with that.

If I understood him correctly, he just needs someone to check the "voiceover lyrics", not to record a voiceover.

User is offline   Forge 

Hellbound was asking for a voice over person. All this shit you're wanking on about has got nothing to do with that.

fixed

Posted Image

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Considering that the OP wants someone to verify the grammatical accuracy of the English translation, isn't a "grammar nazi" someone that's actually preferred in this case?

Or have I been eating too much hokey-pokey?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostComrade Major, on 25 June 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Considering that the OP wants someone to verify the grammatical accuracy of the English translation, isn't a "grammar nazi" someone that's actually preferred in this case?

^this

the angry fruit is disqualified

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

I like proofreading. I've done technical writing and some editing in the past. I am willing to help out.

User is offline   Hank 

Calling all real English tongue type masters here: I thought 'has got' is legal stuff, except for formal writing?

User is offline   Gambini 

View PostThe Angry Kiwi, on 25 June 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

Is the video horizontally mirrored for copyright reasons or did the guy with the burger ask all that stuff to the passenger? ^_^ :) ;)

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHank, on 25 June 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

Calling all real English tongue type masters here: I thought 'has got' is legal stuff, except for formal writing?

it is proper, though informal

it is incorrect to use it in past tense or with negations

Hellbound was asking.....

past tense

...has got nothing...

negation

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostThe Real Slim Flibble, on 25 June 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

I like proofreading. I've done technical writing and some editing in the past. I am willing to help out.

Thanks, but I will contact Hendricks for now. I remember him from the past, so I have some level of trust and I have to trust the person I choose, because the game isn't revealed yet - I'd like to keep it in secret. You know, it's a serious shit, serious buissness.

This post has been edited by Hellbound: 25 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

If you need more help I'd be willing ^_^

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options