• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Space Hulk - Deathwing  "fps game like the ones from the 90s"

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There was a press event in UK few days ago and some people had a preview of the game.

What we get to know :

- The game will be released in 2015
- You can unlock new weapons and powers with faith accumulated during missions
- There are 4 AI terminator squadmates with you during missions, and you can give them order
- There are differents type of genestealers with advanced AI and can ambush the player
- Full coop campaign where you play as 4 Terminators (no librarian in coop) with permadeath and the ability to take control of a genestealer when you're dead
- 5 paths skill tree
- Occulus rift support
- Not sure if good news but there is only 10 people working on it. Same as E.Y.E.

http://www.gamercast...athwing-preview

welding doors and armor customization among other things.

I am super fucking stoked for this game. This literally sounds like the first two space hulk FPS games which are two of my favorite games of all time, except these have coop too (though vengeance of the blood angels had coop, it only worked on lan and doesn't work on modern PCs)

I was honestly expecting it to just be a regular horror FPS but now that I know you get to command troops I can't wait to see this in action. It's also made by the EYE developers - and while that game may have been flawed as hell, it certainly wasn't a standard game, and a lot of it was clearly inspired by warhammer.

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 17 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

E.Y.E. is one of the strangest games I've ever played. Even now I'm not sure whether I liked it or not. It has an atrocious interface, and an incomprehensible story but presented a vivid, unique world with loads of wacky systems to play with.

I don't follow Warmhammer but I definitely want to see Deathwing in action. The screens look pretty cool.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Osnap.

I absolutely love the two Space Hulk games. I really hope this one is as claustrophobic and distressing.

COOP where you can fuck your friends? Interesting.

Definitely looking forward to this.

The Space Hulk games don't get enough recognition IMO. They had really advanced AI for the time, and actually managed to blend RTS and FPS gameplay pretty well (The alien AI in the games, even the first one, still manages to surprise me and throw me off)

The intro to the second game got me interested into WH40k in the first place too

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 17 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I actually played the board game years ago. I never got to play the PC games, might have to give this a try.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Holy shit.

The description of this game just gave me an erection.

I really hope it comes out great. I would play the shit out of that. Now I gotta try out those older Space Hulk games you guys mentioned, they sound really good.

User is offline   Komenja 

Mmmmm, dem Genestealers!

The debut trailer's up.

This first in-game video, created using the game engine (Unreal Engine 4), plunges you headlong into a Space Hulk, with the game's main character - a Librarian of the Deathwing,and a squad of Deathwing Terminators, in their a head-on confrontation with the merciless Genestealers. A clash that will prove deadly for the elite warriors of the Dark Angels and the outcome of which has a HUGE surprise in store.

This explosive video showcases the amazing work and meticulous attention to detail by developers Streum On studio. Theelite squad of the Space Marines repels the attacks of the Genestealers with heavy fire from their Storm Bolters and Assault Cannons, destroying the most reckless creatures with crushing blows from Force Swords and Power Fists. You can see the incredible level of detail on the smallest game elements: the Tactical Dreadnought Armour of the Deathwing Terminators, their weapons, the Genestealers, and the backdrop are all rendered with a care that will astound any fan of Warhammer 40,000!

Bump.

New" in-engine" (but not gameplay) trailer:

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I'm not too sure about the look of the Genestealers, or the openness of the "level". I know it's just a teaser trailer with absolutely no relevance with the gameplay, but I'm still a bit worried.

I guess the looks can grow on me and the design is still open.

It's not much, but apparently there was a press event where they were allowed to play it

https://pbs.twimg.co...EwuIB.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/...6972672/photo/1

Focus Home are being pretty stingy with the specifics. Deathwing's going to be a co-op shooter, so it's kind of baffling that Games Workshop would let Fat Shark license Warhammer to make something in the same genre, also aiming to release in 2015.

Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide.

>Game is actually four player co-op FPS game. Game is based in Ubersreik city, which during the End Times was conquered by skaven. Four humans of Empire come to the city and have to liberate the city from skaven by doing missions.

>According to team, their goal is to make the game as merciless and challenging as possible.

>Team chose Skaven because they rely a lot on numbers and they are not orcs, which has been seen too many times already in other games.

>Seems like L4D's AI thing has been copied too. Enemies might not spawn on the same spot as they did in the last play. And of course this game has "special enemies" too, like the tongue zombie in L4D, except this time the skaven drags you to the enemy horde, not just standing and choking you. There is also skavens with rattling guns.

>Playable characters however are not copies from each other. There will be five characters to choose form. They revealed two, one being witch hunter which hates skavens because of rat stole his eye. He has pistols and daggers and is special on 1v1 fighting.

>Other one is fire mage, who is said to be pyromaniac insane old woman. She is powerful, but if she keeps on doing spells all the time, she will heat up and could burst into flames and kill herself.

>Every character has their own story

>These stories will not be told in cutscenes.

>As said before, this is co-op game that has missions. In one tavern you hear tips and new missions that you can do with your pals. Here you can also see your achievements and other stuff while waiting for other players

>During the game you collect different kind of weapons, items and other stuff. Also yes, there is loot in this game

Posted Image Posted Image

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostBloodshot, on 17 June 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

You were warned about feeding them after midnight.

User is offline   KareBear 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 13 February 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

Focus Home are being pretty stingy with the specifics. Deathwing's going to be a co-op shooter, so it's kind of baffling that Games Workshop would let Fat Shark license Warhammer to make something in the same genre, also aiming to release in 2015.

Warhammer Fantasy is a Different IP.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I've heard about Vermintide, and my immediate reaction was it reminded me of Hellraid. I hope either one is good, I could go for a medieval/fantasy type coop FPS melee type of game.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Debut gameplay video (unfortunately it's in German).

Interesting, hope this turns out good. Not much to get an impression on yet, but the premise is good.

That walk speed

Releases next month.
Arsenal trailer:

Trailer from back in April:

I really like a lot of that architecture; really good intricate shapes and designs

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I don't know, the player movement is incredibly slow. Maybe it's supposed to instill a sense of panic since you've got no choice but to stand your ground against attacks, but it's still a drawback IMO.

User is offline   Malgon 

That's probably part of the reason, but judging from the hulking (no pun intended) suits of armour, I'm guessing the developers are trying to capture the feel and weight of moving around in them. A quick google search didn't bring up any info on how heavy they're meant to be, but I don't imagine they're something that you could really sprint around in. Maybe someone well-versed with 40K could clarify on the weight and movement speed of the armour.

View PostMalgon, on 04 October 2016 - 04:23 AM, said:

That's probably part of the reason, but judging from the hulking (no pun intended) suits of armour, I'm guessing the developers are trying to capture the feel and weight of moving around in them. A quick google search didn't bring up any info on how heavy they're meant to be, but I don't imagine they're something that you could really sprint around in. Maybe someone well-versed with 40K could clarify on the weight and movement speed of the armour.

I'm not an expert by a long shot, but my understanding is that the guys are much larger than average people, and the armor is powered. I'd take that to mean they should be moving at a significantly higher pace than normal humans. But I'm guessing they're trying to establish a feel for the size of the things, as you say.

User is offline   Jblade 

http://wh40k.lexican...rminator_Armour

Like power armour, Terminator suits have an outer shell of ceramite-bonded plates powered by electrically-motivated fibre bundles. Plates of heavy plasteel further armour the ceramite sections, especially on the front of the suit. This extra armouring provides a level of protection that is far superior to normal Marine armor; not even a Krak missile will penetrate the suit's breastplate. It also contributes to the immense weight of the suit, making the wearer less maneuverable and slower. External adamantium ribs help support this weight, while the inclusion of suspensors help the suit carry heavier support weapons.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 04 October 2016 - 07:44 AM

View PostJblade, on 04 October 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

Ah-ha! I had no idea they specified different types of space marine armor. Guess that should have been obvious, given how much lore there is in 40k.

View PostMicky C, on 30 September 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

I don't know, the player movement is incredibly slow. Maybe it's supposed to instill a sense of panic since you've got no choice but to stand your ground against attacks, but it's still a drawback IMO.

Why?

Space Hulk was never meant to be something fast paced, the aliens always move faster than the player, your only edge is that you are in a literal walking tank that can dish out impossible firepower.

Even the older SH FPS games were slow, they were about a player's tactics not their reflexes

4:13 breaks the armor down pretty well. It's basically supposed to be the best they have to offer, nigh impenetrable, and yet a genestealer's (the aliens) claws are so powerful that they can still rip these guys to shreds

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 04 October 2016 - 04:00 PM

Finally, some raw gameplay.

This looks rad. I was down on the slower gameplay at first, but now I'm pretty into it. Going to be a fun co-op time; and it comes out right before my birthday too!

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 18 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

Honestly looks better than I was expecting, I can't wait!

My main complaint is the lack of voice distortion and reuse of lines, but those are relatively minor issues anyway.

The beta is out for pre purchasing, and the game is a mess.
Glitches galore, connection drops, constant crashes, bad networking, etc etc.
The game itself has some design problems as well, but the one full match I got to play with a full squad was really fun.

This is one of those games.

On one hand, it keeps crashing, it's half broken, there's tons of issues.

But on the other hand, when it works I'm having a blast and I want to keep playing. It's extremely atmospheric and you can tell a lot of love went into it. I hope they delay it or something because there's probably a great game buried beneath all the problems

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options