Duke4.net Forums: Dead keeps disappearing 2 part question. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dead keeps disappearing 2 part question.

As shown in picture. I'm trying to have it look like someone was shot and they have the security card by them with some ammo. When you test the map the sprite disappears. Why does this happen?

And also I found some EDF duke textures. How would I retex a dead duke so it doesn't look exactly like duke being dead on the floor?

Posted Image

User is offline   Jblade 

Duke's body sprite always disapears ingame, you'll have to either import it into a new tile or use something else (like the dead Doom marine)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Do his gibs disappear as well?

Nope just duke disappears. hahaha... found out the dumb ass heatlamps fall to the ground in game as well... did a retex for it for hanging bar lights and they all fell on the bar table :\\\\\ Why do those not stay in place?

User is offline   Spiker 

I love the new custom art ^_^ :)

This post has been edited by Spiker: 15 June 2014 - 02:10 AM

Thanks! Tons more where that came from and more to come as well with the progression of developing this episode. Photoshop is the shit!!

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Post1337DirtAlliance, on 15 June 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

... found out the dumb ass heatlamps fall to the ground in game as well...

put a small blocking floor aligned invisible sprite below the lamp to keep it from falling

User is offline   Mark 

IIRC that doesn't work on "hardcoded to fall" objects.

User is offline   Forge 

i've used the invisible sprite method to support those lamps in a couple of my maps.
it works on most everything except the two fire sprites

This post has been edited by Forge: 15 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Those were among the few I needed it for and it didn't work.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Look at BOBSP1 for floating fire. Some type of tiny invisible paralax sector trick I think, I've never actually looked in mapster, just seen it in game. Also if it's a mod you can hack around hardcoding issues a few ways, the easiest being just to redefine the set of tiles to a non-hardcoded position.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMark., on 15 June 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Those were among the few I needed it for and it didn't work.

yeah. the inability to keep fire from falling through other sprites has ruined a few of my ideas as well.

i think as long as it's a static sprite with no animation, a blocking floor aligned sprite will keep it from falling.

some animated sprites do stay "floating" - iirc that burning urn and the fire barrel - the problem with those is they are destructible, and it ruins the effect when they are broke (e.g. wall sconces casting sector lighting - looks kinda funny to still have light being cast when the fire has been put out)

This post has been edited by Forge: 15 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

I believe this is what he is trying to achieve in my Church map with the lights.

http://forums.duke4....&attach_id=7919

How I made that work is by using a TROR extended sector blockable to keep the sprites in place. =)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 15 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

User is offline   Forge 

i'm sure tror works fine, but using invisible sprites probably takes up less assets

Attached Image: capt0000.png

nice church, btw

This post has been edited by Forge: 15 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostForge, on 15 June 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

i'm sure tror works fine, but using invisible sprites probably takes up less assets

Attachment capt0000.png

nice church, btw

Forge I like your idea a lot better ! Thanks for sharing the screenshot. That's great !!! I wasn't overly fond of using blockable TROR because it posses some other challenges.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 15 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

I said screw it and made it a custom sprite/model and it stopped it from falling. I'll end up making different pals for it as well for other levels in the episode too. Kinda sucks they don't stay the same brightness you set in mapster as in game. It changes to the rooms darkness.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by 1337DirtAlliance: 15 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Post1337DirtAlliance, on 15 June 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Kinda sucks they don't stay the same brightness you set in mapster as in game. It changes to the rooms darkness.

Cstat 2048 will prevent that behavior.

User is offline   Forge 

does going to 3d mode, aiming at the sprite and hitting the "n" key still work for that?

btw, nice lez picture

This post has been edited by Forge: 15 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostHendricks266, on 15 June 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

Cstat 2048 will prevent that behavior.

Thats tight!! thanks, but where does that code go? Or is that something you edit in mapster?

View PostForge, on 15 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

does going to 3d mode, aiming at the sprite and hitting the "n" key still work for that?

btw, nice lez picture

Those are animated tv's not pictures ;}} Even better!!! hhaha

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

You can set the sprites' cstats to 2048 using the F8 menu in 2D mode. I don't know if there is a 3D mode key combination to toggle that bit or not.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostHendricks266, on 15 June 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

You can set the sprites' cstats to 2048 using the F8 menu in 2D mode. I don't know if there is a 3D mode key combination to toggle that bit or not.

n key

User is offline   Forge 

View PostForge, on 15 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Yea Forge was right, the 'n' key works in 3d mode. Thanks Hendricks

User is offline   Kyanos 

N key. ^_^ sprite no shade

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options