Duke4.net Forums: Time Warner Cable sucks! - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Time Warner Cable sucks!

Ok. I'm starting to experience my internet connection is cutting out frequently. Since Insight Communications got merged w/ Time Warner Cable. I'm thinking that TWC has made things worse. They have piss poor customer service and they can't network for shit. I heard that TWC's Roadrunner email service providers are out in the tech news. I can't wait til a superior cable company comes along to make my life easier. Take a good looks at Google reviews of TWC. Lay off whatever drugs you're smoking, take your heads out of your asses and improve your service TWC!

Jimmy & Viper. Unleash your bashing!

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 14 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

User is offline   Hank 

Here is the service from Bell Canada,
Posted Image
This is in an industrial area, commercial service, costly and Bell's idea of 'The Fastest Speed' ^_^

As for service, they do excel in their automated billing service, cash is gone usually a day or two before the due date.

This post has been edited by Hank: 14 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostDustFalcon85, on 14 June 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

Jimmy & Viper, as this forum's resident bagel-eater, I demand a $5.00 royalty for each reference to Jews made in the forthcoming posts.

I use Cox Cable out where I live, and pay $70 a month for this Internet:
Posted Image
Cox is not too bad provided the groundwork for the cables is new-ish. I once had a major month-long struggle with Cox trying to get them to lay down new groundwork for cable; a tech came by when installing my TV service one day, and he managed to take out my Internet service. Afterwards he said he couldn't do anything about it, and just left me with no Internet and no TV, a $100 monthly bill, and a very angry customer.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I'd post my speeds but my WiFi card is on the fritz.

I have Verizon FiOS and I hate it with a passion. Speeds are 75/25 but I get throttled like fucking crazy. They simply DO NOT want you to use your connection for anything but basic browsing. Even then, YouTube and Twitch.tv are throttled like crazy. I've configured my firewall to block the YouTube cache servers, but mobile devices on WiFi can't be fixed. My brother is the Twitch watcher and he has no idea how to fix this....apparently it's done on Verizon's end and nothing can be done about it. Uploading data gets throttled hella quick. Sending data to our FTP server, in our own house, is Sandvined to oblivion.

My only other option is Cablevision, and I've had nothing but problems with them in the past. In the next couple months I'm going to get their 101mbps/25mbps plan and compare it side by side to Verizon. If it's reliable for a few months, I'll switch the whole house over.

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 14 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

Posted Image

Well Hmm. Here's my speed but... Whenever I play a youtube video. The video pauses but the sound is going and resumes. Happens to Twitch.tv, or any video from any gaming website or CNN too.

Google "block Time Warner youtube cache servers" and follow the directions.

You can use the command prompt (idiot proof), or configure your routers firewall (harder, but works on all devices in the network).

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 14 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

have comcast bundled with tv. i'm paying for 25/5 and get 28.45/5.81 - so i can't bitch

generous jews in washington state

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

I pay a bit over $100 a month for 6.0 Down and 0.5 Up. (AT&T DSL) and I get this on average...
Posted Image

But today I have been getting this... Note that this includes free disconnects about every 15 minutes, "BUT WAIT! THATS NOT ALL!" after a disconnect it takes about 5 minutes to reconnect only to flake out again a few minutes later. Since AT&T bought Bell South here, it has steadily gone down hill.

Posted Image

TheMrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 14 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I have been with TWC since they first came to my city 10 or 15 years ago, whatever it is. I never had to call tech service for my internet connection, only for an appointment to get my newer cable modem when they upgraded their system. I am very pleased with the service.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMrBlackCat, on 14 June 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

But today I have been getting this... Note that this includes free disconnects about every 15 minutes, "BUT WAIT! THATS NOT ALL!" after a disconnect it takes about 5 minutes to reconnect only to flake out again a few minutes later.

sounds like your network adapter is going into power saver mode
-or you have windows 8 and wifi

This post has been edited by Forge: 14 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I went to the same speedtest site and have PING 13ms DL 16.21mb/sec UP 1.08mb/sec

User is offline   X-Vector 

Posted Image

My connection has been steady for ages now, apart from a hickup earlier this year due to a signal amplifier/distributor going bad.
Provider offers a 200/10 Mb/s option (at €54), but I don't really see the point.

User is offline   Mark 

wow, that is fast

That's because he doesn't live in America.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostForge, on 14 June 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

sounds like your network adapter is going into power saver mode
-or you have windows 8 and wifi
No, I meant that it was my DSL Provider... it isn't my equipment.

TheMrBlackCat

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDustFalcon85, on 14 June 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

Posted Image

View PostComrade Major, on 14 June 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

Jimmy & Viper, as this forum's resident bagel-eater, I demand a $5.00 royalty for each reference to Jews made in the forthcoming posts.

Posted Image

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostMark., on 15 June 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

wow, that is fast

View PostProtected by Viper, on 15 June 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

http://www.netindex.com/

If those averages are correct, the US of A aren't doing too bad compared to the rest of the globe (a lot better than Greenland for starters).
You're even beating the mighty Russian bear by 0,4 Mb/s!
It's hard too believe the highest score belongs to Romania, though.

View PostJimmy, on 15 June 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Posted Image

I still miss David Brockie a/k/a Oderus Urungus.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

He was a good dude. Shame I didn't get to speak to him more recently than I did before he passed. But that's what you get for doing heroin like an idiot.

Shit. My internet is going off and on right now. TWC can't network for shit! I need a new internet service provider stat! Internet outages sucks ass! :P

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostProtected by Viper, on 15 June 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

I deserved this. It's good to be home.

• el fundador

Viper, the correct response wasn't to upvote me, it was to say "neither do you!" and call me a hippie. Get with the program!

You're a liberal cum gurgling Rayban wearing faggot for moving there, and I hope everyone in California dies a slow painful death due to vaginitis. You can't kill yourselves and end all the misery because Feinstein banned all your guns and Leland Yee shipped them out of state.

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 01 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

User is offline   Mark 

View PostTerminX, on 01 July 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

Posted Image

I deserved this. It's good to be home.

Is that their standard service or did you pay extra for "business class" speed ? TWC offers that too but I've never felt the need enough to pay for it.

Yesterday, the internet access at home was horrible! Keep loosing and gaining internet access. This sums up perfectly well. These reviews sum it up.

http://time-warner-c...edconsumer.com/

Posted Image

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 02 July 2014 - 06:05 AM

Fuck yeah. Cablevision is coming Satuday. 101Mbps down/35 up. Can't fucking wait. No more Verizon and their shitty Internet.

• el fundador

View PostMark., on 02 July 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

Is that their standard service or did you pay extra for "business class" speed ? TWC offers that too but I've never felt the need enough to pay for it.

That's their standard service... a high tier of it, anyway. It's less than $100/month.

Fuck yeah. Cable guy just left. 122/37. Paying for 101/35. Eat a dick, FiOS.

Fuck still only getting 30/20 on this dying 802.11n card. I hope my car doesn't cost too much to fix cause I'd like to buy another switch and 100' of cable.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostProtected by Viper, on 05 July 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

Fuck still only getting 30/20 on this dying 802.11n card. I hope my car doesn't cost too much to fix cause I'd like to buy another switch and 100' of cable.

That Lexus I bought 3 months ago ended up costing the same as what I paid for it to get it in shape. Still worth it for a car you love.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options