Duke4.net Forums: DOOM (New Game) - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DOOM (New Game)

User is offline   K100 

I know there is a topic for Wolfenstein and the Doom beta, but I think this need a new topic. ^_^

This post has been edited by K100: 08 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

So... they have animated one model?

This post has been edited by Fox: 10 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

User is offline   Komenja 

At least there are space demons in it.

User is offline   iTech 

I still prefer the Bomb Shell trailer over this. No wait!

User is offline   Engel220 

The thread ought to be titled DOOM (2014), just to avoid any confusion.

The teaser definitely did was it said on the tin, but I can't help but feel they could've ended it better.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 10 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

The teaser did exactly what it was supposed to do, tease.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I did show us a really ugly rendition of a cyberdemon, though.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostBlake, on 10 June 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

The teaser did exactly what it was supposed to do, tease.

A game, or the portfolio of a 3Ds Max student?

This post has been edited by Fox: 10 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I still remember the tale of Carmack having to tell the dev team that Doom was about Demons and shotguns. If they need that spelling out to them, then God help us.

I like the use of the old sound effects.

Wait and see.

The reveal will be at Quakecon this year, which isn't too far away. I bet that they will drop the demo on or around that time.

Does anyone else think that the Cyberdemon looks sort of like a next-gen version of the critter from Dungeon Keeper?

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 10 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Looks like a continuation of Doom3. ^_^

User is offline   iTech 

View PostTea Monster, on 10 June 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

I still remember the tale of Carmack having to tell the dev team that Doom was about Demons and shotguns. If they need that spelling out to them, then God help us.

I like the use of the old sound effects.

Wait and see.

The reveal will be at Quakecon this year, which isn't too far away. I bet that they will drop the demo on or around that time.

Does anyone else think that the Cyberdemon looks sort of like a next-gen version of the critter from Dungeon Keeper?

This new generation of gamedevs I weep for daily. I understand how John must have felt.The dungeon keeper monster is also the first thing that sprung to mind. I wonder why everything has to be so stylized and high-tech-retro-dark-looking these days. What would impress more would be a realistic monster. Flesh isn't all oily and glowy and bubbly (animated normal maps). Just do a regular model like a shaved gorilla with horns and put some SSS on it, in realistic lighting conditions. Way scarier!

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I think this is going to be a reboot and a sequel at the same time. It won't be set on Mars and won't be the beginning of the invasion, but it won't be directly taking plot points from Doom 2 or Doom 3.
Instead, it might just be on a nameless new planet (or even Earth) but still have the architecture of like a moon base and in favor of the concrete urban look.

Also, I hope not all of the monsters are cyborgs.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Cyborgs? I thought this was Doom, not Quake.

And again with the fucking renaming after the first game ^_^

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostxMobilemux, on 10 June 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

Cyborgs? I thought this was Doom, not Quake.

And again with the fucking renaming after the first game ^_^

But that was the Cyberdemon, cybernetic demons from the sounds of things, crap trailer, leaves nothing to be excited about. Cyber Demons from hell I don't care as long as it's good, from it's troubled development past, I doubt it will be.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

That was the Cyberdemon? Looked like crap. This game is definitely going to suck.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostxMobilemux, on 10 June 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

That was the Cyberdemon? Looked like crap. This game is definitely going to suck.

Yeah, he has a similar arm cannon and is one of the most iconic Doom enemys so I guess they picked him to appeal to the original fan base. He does look shit though or maybe it's the camera angle his head looks too small.

They should've just picked Tea Monster's model.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Ugh. Looks so stupid. There's too much crap on him. Too much detail and silhouetted bumpiness and ruggedness. I can't stand that design. Everybody's doing it from monsters to space marines to fantasy armour....ugh....die die die die die. It looks so stupid.

View PostiTech, on 10 June 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

This new generation of gamedevs I weep for daily. I understand how John must have felt.The dungeon keeper monster is also the first thing that sprung to mind. I wonder why everything has to be so stylized and high-tech-retro-dark-looking these days. What would impress more would be a realistic monster. Flesh isn't all oily and glowy and bubbly (animated normal maps). Just do a regular model like a shaved gorilla with horns and put some SSS on it, in realistic lighting conditions. Way scarier!

So this.

User is offline   LkMax 

I understand everyone's concerns, specially considering what happened after Duke 4ever wait, ROTT technical problems, etc., however I can't help but feel cautiously optimistic. ^_^
Teasers are not trailers; they are never meant to do anything more than an announcement, so I prefer to wait the full thing at Quakecon before throwing rocks at the game.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 10 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Doesn't change the fact that the demon design is terrible.

User is offline   LkMax 

How can you know? I can't see it well enought amid the fog.
Either my fanboy glasses are masking this terrible work or you guys are way too pedantic.

User is offline   iTech 

View PostLkMax, on 10 June 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

How can you know? I can't see it well enought amid the fog.

LOL! Just.... that! Re-read it and figure out why I'm lolling...
^_^

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostiTech, on 10 June 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

LOL! Just.... that! Re-read it and figure out why I'm lolling...
^_^

What I meant was, I think nobody can see it well enough to judge, because I can't, hence the second part:

View PostLkMax, on 10 June 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Either my fanboy glasses are masking this terrible work or you guys are way too pedantic.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 10 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Wow, when they were showing bits and pieces close up I was like "this isn't so bad". Then they show the full thing at the end. Wow.... Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

The silhouette is enough to go by. Look at all that rumpled mess. It's too much. I'm just dead sick of that sort of design.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 10 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

First thought.... DNF.

User is offline   Night Wolf 

The hell was that? The Cyberdemon looks like a meat popsicle.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Jesus Christ, first Bombshell, then Mass Effect 4, and now this piece of shit. Crappy teasers are the next fad. Move over, Pogs.

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 10 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

The door looks like it has the same markings as the bottom of this one.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Holy fucking pessimism batman

I think if there was any more pessimism in this thread time itself would rewind

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options