Duke4.net Forums: Sound issue/bug - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sound issue/bug

I'm coming to the conclusion maybe this audio is just curropt. Because it doesn't work at all. Normally all my sounds I convert are to .ogg. Below you can see I even tried it with .wav and it still isn't working.

here is the code for each file;

// Music.Def

Sound { ID 418 file "1337DA/Highres/Music/Voc/Shower.wav" }

// DEFS.CON

define SHOWER 418

// USER.CON

definesound SHOWER Shower.wav -128 128 0 2 0

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

In USER.CON, define the path:
definesound SHOWER 1337DA/Highres/Music/Voc/Shower.wav -128 128 0 2 0

It's always helpful to look into other people's mods (like DukePlus) to see how things are done.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

If you're already using CON, you can skip the sound def command and just

definesound SHOWER 1337DA/Highres/Music/Voc/Shower.wav -128 128 0 2 0

What context are you trying to play the sound in?

Generally OGG is more reliable because WAV can actually be a number of different things. If you don't want lossy quality from OGG, you can use FLAC too. I would actually recommend FLAC.

EDIT: Leo'D.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 01 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

It's going to be used for emulating a shower being on in the locker room. I took the string from the original rain def and used that at the end. I'll give that a shot after I go back through and repath everything because I changed my def from duke3d.def to 1337DA.Def and the file structure I had in that was conflicting with the hrp structure after renaming. So i'm having to restructure that.

Is there any other program that does replacements of text? I'm using my dreamweaver to do that at the moment. But it'd be faster if I didn't have to copy and paste into dreamweaver edit then paste back into the file.

Tried the code you mentioned in the User.con and still nothing with that sound. It's not a large file either.

It works now... derp! I must of been tired when i was writing all the sound codes out and there was a duplicate sound number and that was causing it not to work... But the code you mentioned is cool to use because you can hear it in build vs my way where you can only hear ingame.

This post has been edited by 1337DirtAlliance: 01 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

Guest_TheGameZ_*

Been Moved

This post has been edited by TheGameZ: 14 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options