Duke4.net Forums: Super 3-D Noah's Ark - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Super 3-D Noah's Ark  ":)"

User is offline   Lunick 

http://wisdomtree.itch.io/s3dna Buy from here

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=287164593 Also on Steam Greenlight

I'm not sure how many of you will care about this but the ECWolf port now fully supports the game (as well as an Automap for Wolfenstein 3D) and you can either buy the game for cheap from this website or if you already own the game (I'm sure) you can just use the data files.

This post has been edited by Lunick: 18 July 2014 - 06:07 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

There was a PC version?

User is offline   Lunick 

Yeah, they actually still have their page up for the DOS version http://www.wisdomtre...uper3dnoahsark/

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostLunick, on 26 May 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

Yeah, they actually still have their page up for the DOS version http://www.wisdomtre...uper3dnoahsark/

It's funny when the original DOS one still expensively than the new one...

They should release that to GoG/Steam, damnit. :)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 26 May 2014 - 06:15 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 26 May 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

They should release that to GoG/Steam, damnit. :)

GOG rejected it sadly...

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

What's GOG's criteria for rejecting games?

View PostMickey C, on 26 May 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

What's GOG's criteria for rejecting games?

Unlicensed, hacked game I guess? :)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 26 May 2014 - 06:31 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 26 May 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

Unlicensed, hacked game I guess? :)

This isn't the SNES version though, the DOS version was licensed correctly I'm sure.

Edit: As for GOG, they said they had more important things to deal with rather than Super 3-D Noah's Ark.

This post has been edited by Lunick: 26 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

View PostLunick, on 26 May 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

This isn't the SNES version though, the DOS version was licensed correctly I'm sure.

Really, they got it licensed from id?

EDIT : Ok, I didn't read the wikipedia page carefully, my bad.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 26 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 26 May 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

Really, they got it licensed from id?

Well, I am quoting a Wikipedia article of all things here but http://en.wikipedia....3D_Noah%27s_Ark scroll down to Connection to id Software

View PostLunick, on 26 May 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

Well, I am quoting a Wikipedia article of all things here but http://en.wikipedia....3D_Noah%27s_Ark scroll down to Connection to id Software

Yeah, my bad, I didn't read that part carefully and misread... :\

Edit: As for GOG, they said they had more important things to deal with rather than Super 3-D Noah's Ark.

That's shame, but whatever.

As for GOG, they said they had more important things to deal with rather than Super 3-D Noah's Ark.

Those philistines don't know how wrong they are!

User is offline   ReaperMan 

You know what would be hilarious.... 3D Realms/Interceptor buys Super Noah's Ark 3D and remakes it.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Me before watching the trailer: "I'm sorry, but a bible-based, non-violent, kid-friendly Wolf3D TC does NOT sound like my idea of a good time."

Me after watching the trailer: *whoosh*(sound of debit card being whipped out) :)

User is offline   Cage 

This game requires at least 64MB of RAM and 10MB of free space. It does not utilize 3D acceleration so a Pentium 4 CPU or later (G4 or later for PowerPC OS X) is recommended for running in high resolutions.

Kinda ironic for Wolf3d engine? :)

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

:) Behold, the PC Version...

Posted Image

(And it came with that Super Nintendo Booklet like that. I bought it new.)

MrBlackCat

User is offline   Lunick 

Ahaha MrBlackCat you are awesome!

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostLunick, on 26 May 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

http://wisdomtree.itch.io/s3dna

I'm not sure how many of you will care about this(...)

I only care because finishing this crappy PG-13 wolf 3d clone will let Blzut move on to more worthy projects like Blake Stone.
like, seriously...

This post has been edited by LkMax: 26 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostLunick, on 26 May 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Ahaha MrBlackCat you are awesome!
I am surprised glad you see it that way... I have always been willing to try just about ANYTHING on any of id softwares engines. I have always enjoyed seeing what different developers or TC-ers, or just level designers come up with. But I have always considered Super 3D Noah's Ark to be just outside that glass ceiling... but I still went there. A younger me would not have mentioned owning this. Hehehe
(just kidding, I like pretending I have limits)

View PostLkMax, on 26 May 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

I only care because finishing this crappy PG-13 wolf 3d clone will let Blzut move on to more worthy projects like Blake Stone.
like, seriously...
Oooo... Blake Stone! Excellent!

Mr.BlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 26 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

User is offline   Blzut3 

View PostCage, on 26 May 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

Kinda ironic for Wolf3d engine? :)

The specs are somewhat padded. But the "for higher resolutions" is the key. ECWolf's software renderer isn't especially optimized at this point so it scales badly. Any computer still in use should be able to run it at 320x200 just fine.

View PostMrBlackCat, on 26 May 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

(And it came with that Super Nintendo Booklet like that. I bought it new.)

Thank you for sharing this. Wisdom Tree didn't have any PC manuals left and now I know why. :) (The manual included with the new release is adapted from a scan of the SNES manual.)

View PostLkMax, on 26 May 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

more worthy projects like Blake Stone.

Which reminds me, people need to start bugging Interceptor to patch AOG on Steam already or it's going to be a PITA to support it in ECWolf.

Edit:

View PostPlayer Lin, on 26 May 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

It's funny when the original DOS one still expensively than the new one...

Well that's because you'll be sent a physical product (labelled CD-R in a case with inserts). The digital release includes the DOS version if that's all you're after.

This post has been edited by Blzut3: 26 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostBlzut3, on 26 May 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Which reminds me, people need to start bugging Interceptor to patch AOG on Steam already or it's going to be a PITA to support it in ECWolf.

You have to email Mr. Oshry if you ever want to get anything done apparently.

User is offline   Cage 

The specs are somewhat padded. But the "for higher resolutions" is the key. ECWolf's software renderer isn't especially optimized at this point so it scales badly. Any computer still in use should be able to run it at 320x200 just fine.

Just kidding :) Porting to another system already changes requirements, not to mention extra features. And those aren't high, everybody without a prehistoric computer should run it. ;) It's just a little jump, since it's derived from the original which ran on 386 and 486 - that's funny for me :)

Great job as usual.

Well that's because you'll be sent a physical product (labelled CD-R in a case with inserts). The digital release includes the DOS version if that's all you're after.

Sounds like reasonable for me.

--

That's shame I don't have methods to buy that shit
(No, this word is NOT means shitty)... :)

Well, BS supports for ECWolf is planned on v3.0, man...that's still a long way to go... :)
(The ZDooM TC one also slow too, not heard anythings about it for a while...damn...)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 27 May 2014 - 02:03 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 27 May 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:

Sounds like reasonable for me.

--

That's shame I don't have methods to buy that shit
(No, this word is NOT means shitty)... :)

Well, BS supports for ECWolf is planned on v3.0, man...that's still a long way to go... :)
(The ZDooM TC one also slow too, not heard anythings about it for a while...damn...)

You'll be waiting a while, I think he estimated that the next ECWolf version would be a year away.

The main reason he got this out of the way is because of it's minimap code, which no other game built on this engine has. It adds something very valuable to the codebase that can be used with just about any of the other games and mods supported.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostColon Semicolon, on 27 May 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

which no other game built on this engine has.

Except...

View PostDaedolon, on 27 May 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

If you watched the trailer, the minimap for 3D Noah's Ark is much better with it's rotation and detailed map. I can only assume that it could be used to help better the minimap for Blake Stone as well.

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 27 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

It's not any less detailed, it's just smaller.

Also how does it being smaller invalidate its whole existence?

User is offline   Blzut3 

View PostColon Semicolon, on 27 May 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

The main reason he got this out of the way is because of it's minimap code, which no other game built on this engine has. It adds something very valuable to the codebase that can be used with just about any of the other games and mods supported.

Actually, besides DOS Wolf3D/Spear every other game based on the engine had an automap of some kind. Rise of the Triad, Super 3D Noah's Ark, and SNES/Mac Wolf use basically the same style of textured automap. Blake Stone has the minimap (which did inspire the overlay automap scheme a bit) and Corridor 7/Body Count have a minimap of sorts as well.

The reason for this release happening is because it was scheduled to happen 5 months ago. :) I also promised Wisdom Tree a working Noah3D port in exchange for a free copy (and that turned into profit splitting when I mentioned it might be psosible to get the game on an actual digital store). I offered my porting services to Apogee as well, but they turned it down, but agreed to releease the source. So I'm taking Blake Stone at a more leisurely pace and more or less sticking to the roadmap. I still plan to have ECBlake builds going by the next ECWolf release if I can.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostBlzut3, on 27 May 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

I also promised Wisdom Tree a working Noah3D port in exchange for a free copy (and that turned into profit splitting when I mentioned it might be psosible to get the game on an actual digital store).

I was going to ask why not put it on gog until:

View PostLunick, on 26 May 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

GOG rejected it sadly...

Really? If that's the case, I don't imagine why, since there is worse games being sold there.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 27 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options