Duke4.net Forums: Bombshell - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bombshell

User is online   X-Vector 

#571

I'm not at all impressed.

Not only does the 'softer' Kristen Stewart Bombshell seem even more bland than the earlier model, the whole visual design of the game is a total put-off.
It's all washed out textures, bloom, high contrast, low colour variety with a two-tone (teal-)blue/(orange-)red theme, a digitally graded look that still resembles Diablo 3, but now with a cranked up incandescence.
As strange as this may seem to some, I actually prefer the original shots to the new ones.

Choice comparisons:

Old:

http://2e130c55e0c2763c8a20-c7a4d0feffd26319b59c92c4aecae366.r18.cf1.rackcdn.com/129c852f7f5f5d0e83704c3bec06d8cf94ef46e2.jpg

New:

http://www.bombshell.com/assets/BS_Mar_2015_Screenshot_7.jpg

Old:

http://2e130c55e0c2763c8a20-c7a4d0feffd26319b59c92c4aecae366.r18.cf1.rackcdn.com/0d270a4de4054ff177c6897001006c625f565e57.jpg

New:

http://www.bombshell.com/assets/BS_Mar_2015_Screenshot_3.jpg

This move from the relatively naturalistic to a "look at me!" artificiality unfortunately runs parallel with an overall development in the games industry that for years now has had its mind set on mirroring the visual aesthetic of Tinseltown's digital tomfoolery.

Do Not Want.
1

#572

Good job Fresch. You won a new fanbase of idiots. Go find and make a forum to gather them all.
People around these parts are not interested in your diablo shell.
Why would anybody even really care about Bombshell to begin with?
Selling Bombshell without Duke in a game is like trying to sell a game to super mario fans where the main hero is the mushroom from super mario games and nothing else that's familiar to the mario universe...

I have absolutely no reason to be attached to her, whatsoever...
And premiering her in a topdown shooter is a bad decision by all means.
Way to cater to the feminists though, I am sure they will buy your game and make you filthy rich.
And if they won't, I am sure Isis will.

Bye.
-8

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy

#573

https://i.imgur.com/4MpH3Ln.png
8

#574

eh, it looks okay.
0

User is offline   LkMax 

#575

Looks generic, I'm not that into top down shooters and I don't *trust Interceptor to make a competent product (ROTT crappy remake comes to mind...).
I'll gladly pass, my gaming library is already huge.

PS.: What's the deal about Interceptor and overuse of bloom?

View PostLunick, on 02 March 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

The pistol she uses actually exists, I am surprised http://guns.wikia.co...rload_Pistol%29
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/guns/images/0/0b/18_shot.jpg

Interesting, I found this thing on this site: http://guns.wikia.com/wiki/TKB-059
Any resemblance? =P

This post has been edited by LkMax: 03 March 2015 - 01:59 PM

0

User is offline   ReaperMan 

#576

View PostLkMax, on 03 March 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

I don't thrust Interceptor

http://media.giphy.com/media/x4WmNC7GEPMZi/giphy.gif
3

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

#577

PC World posted a preview of the GDC demo.

Quote

Do you remember when 3D Realms unveiled Bombshell last year? If you do, it's probably only because the original trailer was so bad it burned itself into your brain. Seriously, it's one of the worst teasers I've ever seen—something that first made you go "What did I just watch?" and then shake your head and go "Is this what 3D Realms has become?"

So when 3D Realms approached me for a Bombshell demo at GDC, I was skeptical. Really skeptical. Even with 3D Realms assuring me the game was nothing like my preconceived notions.

Surprisingly, they were (maybe) right.


Quote

"Bombshell might be my biggest surprise of this year's Game Developers Conference."


This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 03 March 2015 - 01:35 PM

0

#578

View PostX-Vector, on 03 March 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

This move from the relatively naturalistic to a "look at me!" artificiality unfortunately runs parallel with an overall development in the games industry that for years now has had its mind set on mirroring the visual aesthetic of Tinseltown's digital tomfoolery.

Since I imagine the UE settings will be very similar to what was in the ROTT remake, it should be possible to disable the bloom/color correction/heightened contrast/etcetera all through a single video option. Disabling this stuff was the very first thing I did when I booted up ROTT 2013, and it makes the game (and, in my opinion, all games, for that matter) look vastly superior.

Color correction enabled:
Spoiler


Color correction disabled:
Spoiler


Quite frankly, I don't understand the current trend of game developers deliberately making their games look worse with overdone post-processing effects, but if it can be easily disabled, I certainly won't complain about having the option. If it's forced, though, then that's a problem.
2

User is offline   brownfarted 

  • The Original Shitposter

#579

View PostMr.Deviance, on 03 March 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

And if they won't, I am sure Isis will.

http://dookie.duke4.net/dookiespin.gif
0

#580

View PostMr.Deviance, on 03 March 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

Good job Fresch. You won a new fanbase of idiots. Go find and make a forum to gather them all.
People around these parts are not interested in your diablo shell.
Why would anybody even really care about Bombshell to begin with?
Selling Bombshell without Duke in a game is like trying to sell a game to super mario fans where the main hero is the mushroom from super mario games and nothing else that's familiar to the mario universe...

I have absolutely no reason to be attached to her, whatsoever...
And premiering her in a topdown shooter is a bad decision by all means.
Way to cater to the feminists though, I am sure they will buy your game and make you filthy rich.
And if they won't, I am sure Isis will.

Bye.

Seriously?
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Peekaboo_3ef209_640992.jpg
0

#581

View PostxMobilemux, on 03 March 2015 - 01:18 AM, said:

At least Hatred is going against trends and trying to be something different in a genre I don't like and in a generation full of oversensitive pussies, that alone is a reason to give it a chance, Bombshell is just more of the same old safe and boring shit in a genre I don't like.

I wanted Bombshell to be what Lara Croft used to be, a badass babe who kicked ass because she wanted to, not because she had to and also enjoyed herself while doing it, like some of my favorite heroes like Duke, Dante, Serious Sam and so on, I wanted more girls in that area, sure I have Bayonetta, but I wanted Bombshell to give Bayo some company.
Now based on that new trailer, she's just another typical serious bore among the dozens in gaming right now, not a single smile, smirk or ounce of enjoyment was shown on Bombshell's face the entire trailer, just you're typical serious and grumpy bore.



So you're saying, if I were to go outside right now and start murdering innocent people I'd be going against trends and cool? I'm sorry for being sensitive about innocent people getting murdered, it's not like when it happens in real life it's horrible or anything. And you're mad because she's not enjoying killing? You must be some kind of psycho... just saying.
-1

User is offline   Wienerhole 

  • Only A Man

#582

View PostNever Forgotten, on 03 March 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

So you're saying, if I were to go outside right now and start murdering innocent people I'd be going against trends and cool?

So you're saying we should assume everything you have done in a video game is something you're ok with doing in real life?

You must be some kind of psycho... just saying.
2

User is offline   Richard Shead 

  • "Dick Nasty"

#583

View PostMr.Deviance, on 03 March 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

Selling Bombshell without Duke in a game is like trying to sell a game to super mario fans where the main hero is the mushroom from super mario games



Hey, I'd totally play "Super Toad World"... :)
0

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

  • Glory To Motherland!

#584

View PostNever Forgotten, on 03 March 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

So you're saying


Food for thought:

Anything that follows a phrase like "so you're saying" generally does not resemble or has anything to do at all with what the person is actually saying.
1

#585

View PostCharlesT, on 03 March 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

So you're saying we should assume everything you have done in a video game is something you're ok with doing in real life?

You must be some kind of psycho... just saying.


Difference, the games I play where I would kill the civilians usually punish the player, and are not centered around the murder of innocent people. I just don't like the fact they have to use mass murder in order to get publicity.
1

User is offline   Wienerhole 

  • Only A Man

#586

Gotcha. You depend on video games babysitting your real life sense of morality.

I won't derail the thread further.
0

#587

View PostCharlesT, on 03 March 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

Gotcha. You depend on video games babysitting your real life sense of morality.

I won't derail the thread further.


I agree sometimes it is fun to blow away the civilians on games, they're standing there unawares... it's fun. But it's no fun when it's okay, it's only fun when there's a consequence. Even Duke 3D have a consequence, you kill a babe, and more aliens spawn. It's more fun if you have that balance. Otherwise it's just mindless.
-1

#588

Whilst I don't agree with never forgotten, he has made me realize something.

I don't think I've ever liked a game where your main enemy type was humanly-human. Shadow Warrior had Ninja's but they were kinda demonic (Or whatever the equivalent is in Asian beliefs) and Time Splitters 3 was stupid and cartoon-like. I don't know if it's a coincidence or a factor, but generally it doesn't work for me outside of Postal.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 03 March 2015 - 05:58 PM

0

User is offline   Hank 

#589

Should someone make a new thread about the new and improved Bombshell? :)

Added, shooting humans is a lot of fun if they can act as such. Aliens are usually, well, stupid and just stronger. :P

This post has been edited by Hank: 03 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

0

User is offline   Wienerhole 

  • Only A Man

#590

View PostNever Forgotten, on 03 March 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

I agree sometimes it is fun to blow away the civilians on games, they're standing there unawares... it's fun. But it's no fun when it's okay, it's only fun when there's a consequence. Even Duke 3D have a consequence, you kill a babe, and more aliens spawn. It's more fun if you have that balance. Otherwise it's just mindless.

The "guilty" characters in Bombshell are innocent because they have no choice in the matter, they do what they do because they must. You will be mindlessly slaughtering mindless electric lives who have no capacity to be anything but "guilty" according to your value system. When the game comes out, they will have done nothing to you. You will be the one who started their existence just so you can gun them down with no consequences and ample acclaim for doing so. You not only are judge, jury, and executioner... you are an immortal picking on defenseless electronic beings.

I plead to your sense of decency... please don't play Bombshell. The less you play... the less mind controlled innocents will have to die.
1

#591

View PostCharlesT, on 03 March 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

The "guilty" characters in Bombshell are innocent because they have no choice in the matter, they do what they do because they must. You will be mindlessly slaughtering mindless electric lives who have no capacity to be anything but "guilty" according to your value system. When the game comes out, they will have done nothing to you. You will be the one who started their existence just so you can gun them down with no consequences and ample acclaim for doing so. You not only are judge, jury, and executioner... you are an immortal picking on defenseless electronic beings.

I plead to your sense of decency... please don't play Bombshell. The less you play... the less mind controlled innocents will have to die.


Now that's funny. You're either really messed up, or have a good sense of humor. Either way, I'm done here. And I won't be playing the game, because I have nothing that will run it.
0

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

  • Glory To Motherland!

#592

View PostNever Forgotten, on 03 March 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

Either way, I'm done here.


I bet you aren't!
1

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

#593

Quote

There are a lot of people thinking that Bombshell is only coming out on PS4/Xbox One... This is wrong! PC first! Summer 2015.

https://www.facebook.com/official3dr
1

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy

#594

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 04 March 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:


I suppose they technically officially announced it coming to Xbox One too. Also:
https://i.imgur.com/JgVRD7O.png]
http://i.imgur.com/2sp6CII.gif
0

User is offline   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor

#595

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 04 March 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:



It pisses me off when people use hemisphere-specific terms like "summer/winter/whatever release" when dealing with a global product, like... a lot. You'd think professional companies would know better.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 04 March 2015 - 03:26 AM

1

User is offline   Person of Color 

  • Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

#596

This looks awesome. Waaayyyy too much edgy cynicism in this thread. This looks so much better than that tatted up space waifu knockoff piece of shit they showed us last year. I really wanna play this, like bad. Now.

View PostX-Vector, on 03 March 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

I'm not at all impressed.

Not only does the 'softer' Kristen Stewart Bombshell seem even more bland than the earlier model, the whole visual design of the game is a total put-off.
It's all washed out textures, bloom, high contrast, low colour variety with a two-tone (teal-)blue/(orange-)red theme, a digitally graded look that still resembles Diablo 3, but now with a cranked up incandescence.
As strange as this may seem to some, I actually prefer the original shots to the new ones.

This move from the relatively naturalistic to a "look at me!" artificiality unfortunately runs parallel with an overall development in the games industry that for years now has had its mind set on mirroring the visual aesthetic of Tinseltown's digital tomfoolery.

Do Not Want.


Okay, PLEASE do me a massive favor and track down the thickest, cheesiest horse dick you can find and just jam it in your cock holster. We don't need more words tumbling out of that thing.

I'm getting really sick of your negativity in every thread you go into. If you don't like Mass Effect/Blood Dragon style neon glow you're a fucking loser and you should go back to playing your old games which, oh wait, HAVE THE SAME FUCKING LIGHTING MINUS THE DAMN SHADERS.

One minute, you're hating on brown 'n bloom. Now we get actual lighting effects and you're still bitching? "Artificiality?" "Look at me!" style? Wow you just described Duke Nukem 3D.

Dear God you must be a blast to have a beer with. People like you are the reason gaming sucks. "Anything that needs more than 640K of conventional memory is crap!"

View PostMr.Deviance, on 03 March 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

Good job Fresch. You won a new fanbase of idiots. Go find and make a forum to gather them all.
People around these parts are not interested in your diablo shell.
Why would anybody even really care about Bombshell to begin with?
Selling Bombshell without Duke in a game is like trying to sell a game to super mario fans where the main hero is the mushroom from super mario games and nothing else that's familiar to the mario universe...

I have absolutely no reason to be attached to her, whatsoever...
And premiering her in a topdown shooter is a bad decision by all means.
Way to cater to the feminists though, I am sure they will buy your game and make you filthy rich.
And if they won't, I am sure Isis will.

Bye.


How's that gape video coming along? You past the tennis ball stage yet?

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 04 March 2015 - 03:34 AM

1

User is offline   Person of Color 

  • Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

#597

If this doesn't look cool to you, you didn't own a Sega Genesis as a kid.

This is Contra: Hard Corps on crack. The gameplay looks beast mode as fuck. The lighting effects and enemies are tits. Just like Hard Corps. What's that, you haven't played Hard Corps? Go download the Japanese ROM and tell me it's not more beastly than Ken Pinyan.

That arch nemesis VO is shit but Bombshell sounds great. My only complaint is that one VO.

This game looks titties. I skipped ROTT due to the bugs and design issues so do me a favor and nail this one guys! Daddy needs his Sega style action fix.

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 04 March 2015 - 03:44 AM

2

#598

View PostMr.Deviance, on 03 March 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

Selling Bombshell without Duke in a game is like trying to sell a game to super mario fans where the main hero is the mushroom from super mario games and nothing else that's familiar to the mario universe...


Hey fuck you, that game is rad.
1

User is offline   Soap DX 

#599

Posted Image
Well there is no pleasing some people. Others just have very specific taste. And others just take it easy and take it or leave it.

I can not ever grasp how people always complain it's been done before it looks to much the same. Then you change it up, and you complain it's too different and don't like it. There's just no winning with some critics, and we all know Everyone is a Critic.

I for one am happy this game it not an FPS, 'cause we all know we need more of those. (Battleship... the video game... and FPS... Battleship) This is sorta what makes me sad with the gaming industry now, you could try a few ways of making a game, but so many titles end up a first person or a third person because that's what most popular and familiar (or at least it seems). Not saying Bombshell as an FPS wouldn't be good, but maybe it'll stand out a bit more.

All in all, let us not forget, games are supposed to be about having fun. If you're having fun then the game succeed on a certain level. Regardless of any superficial aspects.
Spoiler

3

User is offline   Cage 

#600

I think that if they were able to make a Duke game and they would do it, we would get exactly the same amount of shitty complaints.

The new trailer seems like a huge improvement, and I think this really has potential. I don't like to judge things before they come out, so I'll just stay cautiously optimistic. :)

One complaint that I have against Interceptor, that they're kinda easily excitable about their games but I can relate to that completely, if I was able to create a game I really wanted and not as a super-little no-budget project I'd go fucking crazy. I know how it feels when you want to show something you've done and you're really proud of it, even though it still might be too early... Other than that, nothing - seems they actually pay attention to the past mistakes and don't piss all over the fans of the legacy they want to continue. Thumbs up.

Good luck guys!

This post has been edited by Cage: 04 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

4

Share this topic:


  • 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options