Duke4.net Forums: College tuition prices rising. - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

College tuition prices rising.  "Are you getting sick of high-priced enrollment shit?"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

The older I get the more left I go. At this point most people think I'm a conservative. I just want to live in a natural wild world with no money or technology except for the gun I'm carrying. That gun is also the only law for miles.

So many asses, so little time. Only a tight one can stop me on the dime. I'm a lover of every kind. The best surprises always sneak up from behind. I'm an Ass-man.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Tuition price doesn't seem to be a problem in Europe, where colleges are rightfully taxpayer-funded, and students know going out of school what they want to do with their lives rather than spending $100,000 on an English major at Harvard.

Cobrastan is not a real country.
Keep Radar away!

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Press the button, Snake!

One of these days I'll move out to a cabin and chop wood.

I'm still smarter than you

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

View PostThe Real Slim Flibble, on 11 May 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

Press the button, Snake!

That's my favourite scene in all of cinema. Snake Plissken is my hero, not because he was a good guy. Hell, most would contest he was a bad guy. But people who propose either are wrong. Even in Escape from New York, you can tell, Snake is a chaotic neutral. His place in the world is that of the equalizer. At the end of Escape from L.A. law and order is restored to it's natural balance.

So many asses, so little time. Only a tight one can stop me on the dime. I'm a lover of every kind. The best surprises always sneak up from behind. I'm an Ass-man.

• I have the power!

We should move to a cabin in Virginia and chop wood, Jimmy.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

Hey, we might be able to lose our virginities... together.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJimmy, on 11 May 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

Snake is a chaotic neutral.

alignments? your nerd is showing.

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostForge, on 12 May 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:

Seriously.
Chaotic neutral isn't even used anymore in 4th edition.

Keep Radar away!

• I have the power!

View PostJimmy, on 11 May 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

Hey, we might be able to lose our virginities... together.

We can knock wood.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

View PostForge, on 12 May 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:

View PostComrade Major, on 12 May 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

Seriously.
Chaotic neutral isn't even used anymore in 4th edition.

I've never played D&D. Too poor. But it's the best description of Snake. Just think about the end of Escape from NY.

User is offline   DustFalcon85 

Truth nowadays.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 16 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Baby Boomers love to hide their greed behind "good intentions." Bottom line.

"I'm not ripping kids off, I'm giving them a future! That's why I NEED to make 200 grand a year as an administrator!"

Isn't college the last great bastion of liberalism? Where are all these great middle class loving liberals when we need them? They couldn't possibly be selling out. They're liberals!

Posted Image
There is no race, only racists.
Proud trigendered babysexual pan-Korean anarcho-transhumanist
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!
WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY DONALD TRUMP'S VIOLENCE!

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 14 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

Student loans and grants drove tuitions through the roof.

I personally know a guy who has a friend that runs a telemarketing room, they call people and sign them up for college, and fill out the student loan apps for them! They sell the hot lead to colleges who pay money for the leads. This thing is a joke.

Government needs out of that biz.

"Stunticons, merge to become...Men-a-sor..." - Motormaster

User is offline   Forge 

we need another Battle in Seattle, but the east coast are a bunch of pussies. The last good protest they had was back during the Vietnam conflict

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

View PostForge, on 15 July 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

we need another Battle in Seattle, but the east coast are a bunch of pussies. The last good protest they had was back during the Vietnam conflict

That protest was co-opted by black-bloc faggot "anarchists" from Eugene, Oregon. It wasn't violent until those shitheads showed up. I wonder who put them up to it?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJimmy, on 15 July 2014 - 07:11 PM, said:

That protest was co-opted by black-bloc faggot "anarchists" from Eugene, Oregon. It wasn't violent until those shitheads showed up. I wonder who put them up to it?

anarchists that vandalized corporations? oh-noes.
and the vandalism didn't start until after the cops attacked the protestors with rubber bullets and tear gas - an attack which was sparked off because a group of stupid cops got cut off and couldn't get out

still better than anything from the east coast in the last 40 years outside of acting like idiots when a sports team wins a trophy, or the whole seaboard has a blackout.

sad when Toronto is the only city on that side of the continent with any balls.

This post has been edited by Forge: 16 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

View PostForge, on 15 July 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

You mean West Coast.

Most of America is pussified these days but us East Costers are dicks.

Rip on us for Occupy Wall Street all you want.

It was a huge turnout, and we tried. Next time, we'll do better.

I'm always hearing about people who can't hack it here who want to move to Oregon, or Denver, or Seattle, because it's "cheaper" or "pot is legal," or some other beta male/female reason. My brother ordered weed in Manhattan from a fucking customer service line that delivered weed to his apartment, and he even chatted it up with the delivery guy for a few minutes. How fucking legal do you faggots want it? It's decriminalized and the cops look the other way unless you're black and live in the Bronx.

And as for being able to not afford it, you're like 23 and still working retail, trade school is $700 a semester here for night classes, and it's good. Do something with yourself.

Just get the fuck out and raise our average, you pussies.

Posted Image
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 16 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostProtected by Viper, on 16 July 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

You mean West Coast.

Most of America is pussified these days but us East Costers are dicks.

You're still playing by the government's rules. You think a peaceful protest, no matter how large, is going to induce large-scale change? Even the Founding Fathers knew that, with the way the Constitution was structured, the only way for any government system to be dramatically altered is through a hostile takeover, or at least escalate to the point where Congress would be afraid to go to work. They just hoped and prayed that such a situation would never occur.

Keep Radar away!

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 16 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

No shit. The point of protests is to raise awareness so people who normally wouldn't give a shit start caring. When Average Joes start yelling at rich cunts people take notice.

Posted Image

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I took notice and laughed quite hard at videos of the Occupy people and how clueless they were about what they were actually there for. Along with all the other shenanigans of course.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 16 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Besides all of the above, empires decline, they don't "get better" by definition... the rise and then decline at varying rates, but it is always the same. It isn't going to get better, only different, which can go either way depending on ones personal tastes I suppose.

Second, IQ's are dropping on average over time because of the relationship between intelligence, responsibility and the average number of children had by people intelligent enough to show some reproductive moderation. In long past human history, more humans of lower intelligence well killed off via natural selection and or could not provide for excess children. Besides that, in the US, as a very wealthy (though somewhat false wealth called debt) nation, millions of people are able to live beyond their means in a way and can feed and afford care for more children. These rednecks where I live parent like its a contest and who dies with the most baby rednecks wins.
The other thing about IQ is that it has more to do with physiology than education. A better education can help you test accurately, but does not really change your IQ. There are loin cloth wearing spear chuckers with higher IQ's than most who frequent this forum... they are the ones with the better spears, straighter blow-guns, and nicely sewn loin cloths. IQ is just one part of a set of things to identify a persons ability to process thought and revolves mostly around logical problem solving... it isn't the end-all to what a person is or is not. The relationship between education, intelligence and wisdom is almost as important as socially learned behaviors that keep us happy as free range slaves. :whistling:

Anyway... our modern government/society now removes natural selection and actually reverses it where excess reproductive habits are rewarded... of course this means that anyone stable and intelligent enough to maintain good jobs and such is now paying for children they didn't have by force. (don't think so? Try not paying taxes while being employed or not an illegal immigrant)

I am not linking or looking all this up again, but this is the case both proven and known, as if it weren't obvious anyway. Simply put, the lower the IQ, the higher average reproductive rate... enabled by government mandated redistribution of wealth. Is just "the machine" surviving, as unintelligent and unwise people make more controllable voters and subjects.

MrBlackCat

Posted Image

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 16 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

View PostMark., on 16 July 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

I took notice and laughed quite hard at videos of the Occupy people and how clueless they were about what they were actually there for. Along with all the other shenanigans of course.

So did I. Occupy failed because it didn't have any real demands and got co-opted by retards and NYPD rabblerousers.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 16 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

View PostForge, on 15 July 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

anarchists that vandalized corporations? oh-noes.
and the vandalism didn't start until after the cops attacked the protestors with rubber bullets and tear gas - an attack which was sparked off because a group of stupid cops got cut off and couldn't get out

Oy vey, good goy! BELIEVE THE OFFICIAL STORY™.

Co-opted very quickly because they knew the time was right for things to start moving. Obviously, they won. Millenials were too quick to trust Baby Boomers. News flash, they were the ones that fucked you in the ass in the first place. This time you just gave them a little Vaseline.

My brother ordered weed in Manhattan from a fucking customer service line that delivered weed to his apartment, and he even chatted it up with the delivery guy for a few minutes. How fucking legal do you faggots want it? It's decriminalized and the cops look the other way unless you're black and live in the Bronx.

Posted Image

View PostProtected by Viper, on 16 July 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

No shit. The point of protests is to raise awareness so people who normally wouldn't give a shit start caring. When Average Joes start yelling at rich cunts people take notice.

That was the problem in Seattle. You had not just punk rockers and hippies, but also construction workers and factory workers and so on.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 16 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

I don't think the next wave of protests will be anything like Occupy. Everything was done wrong there, but they had the right numbers.

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

In fact, you can chalk that up as yet another failure by Gen X. They should have stepped in and been like "C'mon guys, our parents are fucking retarded."

Instead they just sulked in their homes and said that quietly to themselves.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 16 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

Generation bashing is getting out of hand. But there is some truth to it.

Boomers are fucking degenerate.

Gen X are fucking pussies.

Millenials aren't fucking ready.

Gen Z are even bigger pussies than their Gen X parents. I thought we sucked in my high school days...but holy shit.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 16 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJimmy, on 16 July 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Oy vey, good goy! BELIEVE THE OFFICIAL STORY™.

since i'm from the area i didn't get my story from second or third hand sources.
cops opened fired in the morning, major rioting started shortly after, and the looting and vandalism occurred later that afternoon
the protesters physically prevented people from attending the WTO, but it was peaceful until the police instigated the violence.
they successfully shut down the wto event. West coast Gen X at work. Probably the last decent thing they did.

at least east and west have something in common, they like to riot when cops beat black guys in L.A. & Toronto

This post has been edited by Forge: 16 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

The real protest to watch will be if conservatives ever get pushed to the breaking point. It takes a lot to get them active but when they do I think the rush of "activism power" will go to their heads and become quite a show.
( for a while, then they will go back to their jobs, listen to talk radio and wait for the next election )

Thats their problem. They are not activists by nature. They somehow still believe that all they need to do is vote for the right person and then sit back and wait for the results. They need to get as active as the left. The loosly organised Tea Party is about the most activism you'll see from the right. At least they pick up the garbage when they leave an event. :whistling:

User is offline   Forge 

View PostProtected by Viper, on 16 July 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

Gen X are fucking pussies.

Posted Image

you're a pussy, pussy

seriously though, gen X isn't much better than the baby boomers. their generation grew up and now they work as managers at walmart

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

View PostThe Real Slim Flibble, on 11 May 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

We should move to a cabin in Virginia and chop wood, Jimmy.

cue up the dueling banjos :whistling: ( from the movie Deliverance, for those who don't know the reference )

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options