Duke4.net Forums: College tuition prices rising. - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

College tuition prices rising.  "Are you getting sick of high-priced enrollment shit?"

User is offline   DustFalcon85 

Universities of Kentucky & Louisville board of trusties have voted to raise the tuition hikes 5%. Thanks to the state government of my home state cut the funding to education. Now it's gonna be even harder to enroll into colleges nowadays. No wonder why this nations IQ is dropping nowadays b/c no one can afford of high costs of everything. Fuck the speculation and greed!

I can't wait for the 2014 & 2015 Kentucky gubernatorial races to vote these politicians who has their heads buried in the sand out of office!

http://www.wkyt.com/...-258663091.html

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 07 October 2016 - 04:43 AM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 10 May 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

No wonder why this nations IQ is dropping nowadays b/c no one can afford of high costs of everything. Fuck the speculation and greed!

Actually I'm pretty sure IQ's are dropping because the people in charge of the education system don't know what they are doing.

That being said... just because some people don't have a college degree doesn't mean that they have low IQ's.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 10 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

User is offline   Forge 

IQs are dropping because people find it more important to be reality TV and internet media/social networking smart rather than book smart.

Libraries are going to turn into museums - "...this is what the primitives used to have to submit themselves to in order to get information or entertainment. Death from infectious paper-cuts reached epidemic levels in 19..." "...could you imagine those poor bastards having to flip pages manually, let alone actually read and memorize something instead of just simply looking it up when necessary?..."

User is offline   Drek 

I thought for sure this was a blue lightning thread.

User is offline   DustFalcon85 

View PostDrek, on 10 May 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

I thought for sure this was a blue lightning thread.

Not really. It's when the prices of stuff, especially food, gasoline, education, homes, and so on started to going up dramatically in the current age that got me outraged.

UPDATE: I forgot. Healthcare costs are rising too!

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 10 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

User is offline   Drek 

Stuff. It's not worth the rage man. College educations aren't all they're cracked up to be. The whole system is ass backwards, and no one in power cares. Give 'em a few more years, it'll all be free for those with the proper id chip in their hand.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I'm going to let someone else turn this into a Boomer bashing thread for once. Forge? Jimmy? You up to the task?

Posted Image
There is no race, only racists.
Proud trigendered babysexual pan-Korean anarcho-transhumanist
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!
WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY DONALD TRUMP'S VIOLENCE!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

Baby Boomers ruined the University system we borrowed from the Germans. Fuck this shit. They will never get a penny out of me.

Chappy pozzed my neghole.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostDustFalcon85, on 10 May 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

No wonder why this nations IQ is dropping nowadays b/c no one can afford of high costs of everything.

View PostReaperMan, on 10 May 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

Actually I'm pretty sure IQ's are dropping because the people in charge of the education system don't know what they are doing.

View PostForge, on 10 May 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

IQs are dropping because people find it more important to be reality TV and internet media/social networking smart rather than book smart.

The IQ is dropping because people are getting more intelligent over time, that's how IQ is calculated. :P

User is offline   Drek 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 10 May 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

UPDATE: I forgot. Healthcare costs are rising too!

And those boomers are not getting younger.

Boomers are too busy worrying about guns they don't know how to shoot and fags they don't know. They might find time in between things. I know bitching about cigarettes and assault sodas is pretty hard work. They're very busy working the 60 hour work weeks they earned by fucking up unions in every way possible.

We should probably let them do their thing. They know what's best after all. They saw who to blame on television.

Posted Image
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!

User is offline   Hank 

View PostProtected by Viper, on 10 May 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

We should probably let them do their thing. They know what's best after all. They saw who to blame on television.

Yes, leave them alone. Some of them folks on TV have a university degree, so they know how things really work

The things I don't know could fill libraries.

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

View PostJimmy, on 10 May 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Baby Boomers ruined the University system we borrowed from the Germans. Fuck this shit. They will never get a penny out of me.

If you pay taxes they are getting your money now.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

Fuck! That hadn't occurred to me, I just started paying taxes last week. Fuckin' fascists. Its my money and I need it now.

Chappy pozzed my neghole.

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

Graduating from school, starting a job and paying taxes is one of the quickest ways to convert a young Liberal into a Conservative. ( tongue in cheek )

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

So is a lobotomy. What's your point?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostFox, on 10 May 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

So is a lobotomy. What's your point?

Obviously that liberals need lobotomy.

The things I don't know could fill libraries.

I just wanna clarify, again, that I don't hate Boomers, I just think their politics are pretty shallow and ineffective.

Posted Image

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostMark., on 10 May 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

Graduating from school, starting a job and paying taxes is one of the quickest ways to convert a young Liberal into a Conservative. ( tongue in cheek )

I once met a guy who was a Kennedy liberal and then became a Reagan conservative when he made money. People who are successful financially vote Republican. That is why Democrats keep the poor poor.
/#Flamebait

In regards to the OP:
Education is getting expensive and there are no policies that I know of which are actually helping. More student loans just creates more people like me who make what should be enough to live but isn't because of that $600 a month I don't get to keep.

The really sad thing is that education isn't getting better either. We just keep pouring more and more money into it. There was a time when getting a college degree, was something you only did if saved up money and wanted to study abstract things. Now it is just what you do and if you can't hack it in real university classes, you take business.

I'm still smarter than you

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

Three Conservative radio talk show hosts in Milwaukee, where I live, started out as liberals. One of them was a hard core Marxist. The longer they got away from our education system and lived in the real world, the more conservative they became. What I like about that is that it gives them a better feel for explaining what goes on in Liberal's heads.

And here in Wisconsin our UWM college system was crying like they do every year for more state aid and tuition increases. Then it is discovered that they had quietly stashed aside over 1 billion dollars in a "slush fund". Our governor then put a 2 year freeze on state funding levels. Not long ago more articles in the local newspaper showed the college board voting for more pay increases. OY.

User is online   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Here in Australia they're also talking about raising the cost of university fees. Pretty much everyone's against it so hopefully it won't go through. I hear what you invest in universities, you get several times back, both due to the higher taxes the graduates start paying when they get a decent job, and through enrichment to the community through scientific/cultural advances or whatever.

Edit: I gather the cost of tertiary education here is still only a tiny fraction of the costs in the US. I don't know how the system over there got so fucked up.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

This post has been edited by Mickey C: 10 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

The "great liberal bastion" of college seems to do a great job of keeping students poor and fucked. How progressive of them, to take all the money for themselves.

That said though, the older I get, the more pragmatic I get. I wouldn't say get more conservative, if anything I get more center left libertarian. I can't stand conservatives because they want some of the same things that libertarians want, except that they don't want the personal responsibility that goes along with it. They'd rather hand it off to a politician or a businessman who will fuck them in the ass.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 10 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

View PostMickey C, on 10 May 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Here in Australia they're also talking about raising the cost of university fees. Pretty much everyone's against it so hopefully it won't go through. I hear what you invest in universities, you get several times back, both due to the higher taxes the graduates start paying when they get a decent job, and through enrichment to the community through scientific/cultural advances or whatever.

Edit: I gather the cost of tertiary education here is still only a tiny fraction of the costs in the US. I don't know how the system over there got so fucked up.

Over here in the U.S. we hammered into our youth's heads that you get nowhere without a college education. So a bunch of kids go to a college they can't afford and major in subjects with no real value or skillset to get a decent job. But they are left with a huge loan to pay off ( default on ) I think we have close to a 1 trillion dollar loan debt figure.

It's a trillion dollar bubble that can't burst soon enough.

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

View PostFox, on 10 May 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

The IQ is dropping because people are getting more intelligent

this is the closest thing somebody has said which almost became my signature

average IQ scores go up about 3 points per decade and have been since 1947. It mostly has to do with refined education techniques and not if one generation is actually more intelligent than the previous.

But we like to look at the retarded decisions made by the baby boomers and come to the conclusion that people can only be getting dumber. Then they pass that genetic deformity containing lack of foresight on to their kids - it's why you see so many self inflicted nut shots on social media sights. kinda inbred somewhere to stop reproducing and passing that crap along. Darwinism or something.

View PostForge, on 10 May 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

this is the closest thing somebody has said which almost became my signature

average IQ scores go up about 3 points per decade and have been since 1947. It mostly has to do with refined education techniques and not if one generation is actually more intelligent than the previous.

But we like to look at the retarded decisions made by the baby boomers and come to the conclusion that people can only be getting dumber. Then they pass that genetic deformity containing lack of foresight on to their kids - it's why you see so many self inflicted nut shots on social media sights. kinda inbred somewhere to stop reproducing and passing that crap along. Darwinism or something.

The youth are self obsessed and shitty regardless, it's nothing new. What is new is social media. It gives shit a voice, and reality TV legitimizes it.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 10 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostProtected by Viper, on 10 May 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

What is new is social media. ... and reality TV ....

both creations of the baby boomers.
this shit ain't new.
don't you see the patterns of the1%ers
Keep people stupid and entertained with slapstick.
Been going on since Charlie Chaplin, Keystone Kops, and the Three Stooges.
Probably longer, but i'm not big on stage and play performance knowledge
Even Kings had court jesters to entertain and distract what was considered less than his peers.

conspiracy.illuminati. bilderberg, intelligentsia

and this tuition bullshit is just another loophole the government created which the banks exploit, like those crappy home loans. Students take the loan at X% interest, but then the rates jump hella-high after the grace period is over. Just replace housing bubble with education bubble, sit back and watch shit collapse again. Fucking boomers are too stupid to stop touching the hot stove.

This post has been edited by Forge: 10 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

I totally agree with that "hot stove" comment, all Boomers do when they are in leadership positions is serve themselves or blame others because they are too self absorbed to see the big picture.

But let's be honest here: When's the last time you guys did anything?

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

we're too cynical and disillusioned to lie, so we'll never get elected to any political office.
We wouldn't even be voted in to wipe our own ass if the boomers were willing to touch us.

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

You never know for sure. Look who is in control right now. The hippies from the 60's and 70's who fought against "the man" and "big government"

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2016 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options