Duke4.net Forums: Hey, Guys. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hey, Guys.

User is offline   Chris12 

So I have greatly improved Shiro Wolf's Duke 3D Hi-Definition Pack, and since you guys have helped me out in the past, I want to share it with this site. I just need a website that isn't full of spyware to upload it to and it's a 2 gigabyte file.

Note: this is for users that don't have the steam version, my version only works with the non-steam version.

User is offline   Kyanos 

maybe look here

http://hrp.duke4.net/

lol

Yeah, I didn't think anyone would want it here.

User is offline   Kyanos 

I just found it funny to see you offering user made content back to the community that made it, but with someone elses name on it. I may be wrong, post some screen shots of your greatly improved Shiro Wolf's Duke 3D Hi-Definition Pack.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That's probably because it is funny :)

Chris12 if you have gone through a lot of effort and actually done something significant, then it's worth it for us to check out. Otherwise, you've basically come to the home of the HRP, offering us a HRP version improved upon somebody else's work that was originally taken from here in the first place, that works with the "non-steam version" (eduke32?), when the HRP was in fact made for eduke32.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Maybe it's even funnier - the file size implies to me that someone pulled off a recent repository version and forgot to remove the .svn folder before packaging. (Remember, a clean Megaton HRP would be less than 400MiB.)
"Somebody else's work" seems to be an outdated DC HRP, extremely basically patched top level DEFs, and an unchanged full HRP 5.3 ZIP (which makes sense maintenance-wise).

User is offline   Hool 

This discussion reminds me of this:

Posted Image

Anyway, please post some screenshots so we can see it.

I don't know if it is exactly legal, but here it is.

[edited]

You'll have to get Duke Atomic Edition, and all the other add-ons the steam version comes with yourself, but otherwise everything else is there.

User is offline   blizzart 

View PostChris12, on 25 April 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

Duke Hi-Def Pack

You'll have to get Duke Atomic Edition, and all the other add-ons the steam version comes with yourself, but otherwise everything else is there.

Can you upload it anywhere else? 5-6 kb/s is way too slow.
Split the file into 200mb files and upload it to Zippyshare.com please. Or use a Mega.co.nz account.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

what a load of crap

it's so friggin big because it has complete packages from dukeplus, nwplus, vacaplus, HRP - multiple versions, etc.

there might be a random music file in the vacaplus folder or an art file in the duke 2d nude folder that has been modified or changed.
bonus - you get duke zone 2 and duke extreme grp files

reminds me of that old torrent that had duke3d and all the addons in it with bat file launchers (minus most of the grp files)

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 April 2014 - 05:50 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Is this just the HRP?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 25 April 2014 - 05:57 AM

User is offline   Forge 

this is the bulk of it
like i mentioned, you have to dig through all these folders and zips to find one or two modified/changed files
i would say any "new" material could have been uploaded in a file less than a couple MB
Attached Image: Untitled.jpg

the other large folder with addons:
Attached Image: Untitled1.jpg

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

User is online   Lunick 

View PostForge, on 25 April 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

this is the bulk of it
like i mentioned, you have to dig through all these folders and zips to find one or two modified/changed files
i would say any "new" material could have been uploaded in a file less than a couple MB
<image>

the other large folder with addons:
<image>

What a mess B)

User is offline   Forge 

the redundancy is brutal
note the date stamp on the xxxlite.zip:
Attached Image: Untitled.jpg
now the date stamp of the files inside the zip:
Attached Image: Untitled1.jpg
there's already an existing sub-folder labeled xxx lite, now the date stamps on those files:
Attached Image: Untitled2.jpg

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I always get painful seizures when I find crap releases/compilations like that. Yet there are people out there who are actually grateful for such stuff.

User is offline   Forge 

cut out all the fat.
modified files come up to 144 MB
143 MB is the eduke32_mus.zip
rest of it is random def, txt, bat files and one art file

as far as the music zip goes, i'm only going by date stamps and size differences between this one and the one i already had.

i can probably upload the "new" stuff is someone is really that interested, but honestly it's not worth anyone else's time unless you want to pick it apart and gun this guy down for putting his name on everyone else's work

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

No proper credits or license files?

User is offline   Forge 

no. no credits or anything.

as for the music files all that was done was a slight bit rate/kbps bump. they sound exactly the same (on my system).

here, (except the music zip) this is everything "new" and all the text files that were added (which are basically install instructions)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

No I didn't make anything, sorry for not being clear. I mostly just made this for myself and my friends. I didn't want any real credit for it, I just thought some people might actually want it.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostChris12, on 17 April 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

So I have greatly improved Shiro Wolf's Duke 3D Hi-Definition Pack

no take-backsies

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Which music pack is this?

User is offline   Forge 

the text file was removed from the eduke32_mus.zip
the def appears to be the original and is stamped 2/16/2012

// Roland SC-55 soundtrack for EDuke32 (v3.0)

// All music recorded by Brandon Blume (shine62@gmail.com) from the
// Roland Sound Canvas SC-55 GS module as they were meant to be heard back in 1996

// Voc music replacements "Bonus", "Barmusic", "2bwild" by Mark Knight (http://www.gamesounds.co.uk)

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

What a pile of shit.

View PostJimmy, on 14 October 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Wow, this thread sucks.

The music is from the steam version

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 25 April 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

Which music pack is this?

View PostForge, on 25 April 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

// All music recorded by Brandon Blume

View PostChris12, on 25 April 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

The music is from the steam version

Huh.... Wanna try again? Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

Uh, no. That's version 3 of my soundtrack. The Steam version uses version 4.

User is offline   Forge 

this just keeps getting better and better

at least he was nice enough to remove the read me templates before it was uploaded

i made a miscalculation when comparing the music zips and the files included inside the zips. (i compared my original version 3 to this "hacked" version 3)

what a mess:
the ogg files are exactly the same as version 4 (though it still has bonus.ogg, 2bwild.ogg, & barmusic.ogg from version 3)
the readme.txt & GNU.txt have been removed
he used a version 3 def

summary:
version 4 music files
3 ogg files from version 3
version 3 def
he tried to remove your association with making the music, but forgot to edit the def

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

The three "version 3" tracks actually weren't in my pack. Nightfright added them to the HRP pack on his site, however.

User is offline   Forge 

i'm guessing it's not from megaton. it's probably a version three from the hrp package, ogg files updated from a version four retrieved off your site,
the grabbag_voc.ogg from megaton wasn't in there

This post has been edited by Forge: 25 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostChris12, on 25 April 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

It's piracy because it contains an Atomic GRP. Mods, please delete that download link.
Otherwise we should admit that besides quite some noobishnesses this pack makes certain sense to Megaton->EDuke32 migrants. (At least it doesn't contain three or four full HRPs like some other pack I've seen.) Gathering information about and getting started with all the stuff this community has to offer is much harder than it should be. From this point of view you could translate "greatly improved" to "added more 3rd party content to run out of the box" (which I didn't bother checking actually).
For the records: The only real "duke3d_hrp_polymost.zip" is 376 MiB only and exclusively resides on my disk serving for full HRP maintenance purposes. B)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options