Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 78 Pages +
  • « First
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34
  • 35
  • 36
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

#991

Duke Nukem is the most radical dude around, saving babes and surfing waves!

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/214/e/e/duke_surfem_by_crankd-d7te7j9.png

Surfing waves, eh ? You're giving me ideas ...
6

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #992

Let's go surfing now
Everybody's learning how
Come on and safari with me!
1

User is offline   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor

#993

View PostHigh Treason, on 31 July 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

I can't wait to see what "else" is. You gonna march 9000 miles over to Interceptor HQ and demand the immediate release of all prototype material?


Or else I'll be sad http://forums.duke4.net/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

View PostHendricks420, on 02 August 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

Let's go surfing now
Everybody's learning how
Come on and safari with me!


You know, I never knew exactly what he was saying there http://forums.duke4.net/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif
(Always found the words kind of muffled and difficult to make out).
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #994

View PostMicky C, on 02 August 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

You know, I never knew exactly what he was saying there http://forums.duke4.net/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif
(Always found the words kind of muffled and difficult to make out).


0

User is offline   Robman 

  • Asswhipe [sic]

#995

I wanna surf some new 3drealms.com safari.
0

#996

Man, is this wait killing me. If Fresch is a 3DRealms fan as he claims, how can he not know that he's doing it wrong? He should know that what 3DRealms fans hate most is waiting, and the only way not to make us wait is to only announce something when it's released. Instead, he's playing games like George! "Prepare for August"... except he never said what year!

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 04 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

0

User is offline   LeoD 

  • Duke4.net topic/3513

#997

View PostAltered Reality, on 04 August 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

He should know that what 3DRealms fans hate most is waiting,
I thought waiting and talking about it is what being a 3DRealms fan is all about?
0

User is offline   nukemania 

#998

View PostLeoD, on 04 August 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

I thought waiting and talking about it is what being a 3DRealms fan is all about?


*Wait and Talk* DLC, the first DLC to be released for a game that hasn't yet begun development.
MAKE IT HAPPEN!
0

#999

View PostLeoD, on 04 August 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

I thought waiting and talking about it is what being a 3DRealms fan is all about?

No, not after what 14 years of waiting for DNF brought us. We're worn out, we've got a thousand-yard stare and we're tired of the waiting game.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 04 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • The Sarien Encounter

#1000

The wait hasn't been bothering me either. I just have a lot of other stuff to focus on while I wait, I guess.
0

#1001

View PostKGBrony, on 04 August 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

If there's anything I learned from being a Duke fan so long, it's patience.

If there's anything I learned from being a Duke fan so long, it's cynicism.
I've got a friend who hasn't learned this lesson yet, so, every time a game is announced, he gets all hyped up, and many times, he gets disappointed. Many times I had to tell him "Don't fall for premature hype, stay relaxed, remember DNF..."
The fact is that I learned so well not to get hyped up, that now announcements have the opposite effect on me.

View PostKGBrony, on 04 August 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

I hope they make the wait even longer just so people like you can suffer.

If they desire so fervently not to redeem themselves from their current status of laughingstock of the gaming community, but instead they want to dig themselves even deeper...

View PostKGBrony, on 04 August 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

The only thing required of you is to wait. How can you ask for more?

Is it too much to ask not to be told whether there's anything to wait for until something gets released? So we would get the evidence that we are not the only ones who changed (for the worse), but the people who caused us to change in the first place have now changed too (for the better)!

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 04 August 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

I just have a lot of other stuff to focus on while I wait, I guess.

I do too. Do you know what I'm doing right now, besides writing this post? Reading the OldUnreal forum and making an Unreal map (mapping for Unreal being the closest activity to mapping for DNF one can do).
Usually I'm glad that I can multitask...

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 05 August 2014 - 02:36 AM

0

User is offline   Besli 

#1002

@Hendricks420:
Very Nice work on the Shadow Warrior (Ying-Yang) logo!

Here is a scan of an old SW Mousepad:
http://s151.photobuc...scan-1.jpg.html (1458x1849)

You people know this 3D Realms logo?
http://i.imgur.com/rkRROei.png (370x270)

Here is a better version of it:
http://i.imgur.com/sqpve.png (800x584)

This post has been edited by Besli: 08 August 2014 - 12:13 AM

3

User is offline   OpenMaw 

  • Judge Mental

#1003

View PostBesli, on 08 August 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

@Hendricks420:
Very Nice work on the Shadow Warrior (Ying-Yang) logo!

Here is a scan of an old SW Mousepad:
http://s151.photobuc...scan-1.jpg.html (1458x1849)

You people know this 3D Realms logo?
http://i.imgur.com/rkRROei.png (370x270)

Here is a better version of it:
http://i.imgur.com/sqpve.png (800x584)


Oh that is freaking beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing that. http://forums.duke4.net/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif
0

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

#1004

"How you uh, how you comin' on that website you're working on? Huh? Got a a big, uh, big stack of unreleased images and alphas there? Got a, got a nice little nostalgic forum you're working on there? Your big project you've been working on forever? Huh? Got a, got a compelling idea? Yeah? Got a obstacle for yourselves to overcome? Huh? Got a big thing brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yeah, talking about that quite a few posts ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little design? Banner, header, and footer? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your website is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off." - Not from Stewie Griffin
6

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • The Sarien Encounter

#1005

View PostDr_Proton, on 15 August 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

"How you uh, how you comin' on that website you're working on? Huh? Got a a big, uh, big stack of unreleased images and alphas there? Got a, got a nice little nostalgic forum you're working on there? Your big project you've been working on forever? Huh? Got a, got a compelling idea? Yeah? Got a obstacle for yourselves to overcome? Huh? Got a big thing brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yeah, talking about that quite a few posts ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little design? Banner, header, and footer? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your website is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off." - Not from Stewie Griffin


Best post in the thread.
1

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

#1006

Since nobody else is posting here (anymore) I'll upload a new piece that I finished today :(

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/228/3/e/duke_wallpaper_by_crankd-d7vg33z.jpg

... Hmm. Maybe it's DeviantArt or I suck at hotlinking.

Here's the full sized thing : http://fc03.devianta...nkd-d7vg33z.jpg

This post has been edited by Dr_Proton: 16 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

6

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #1007

>blue trooper
Do you even spritepal 22?
1

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • The Sarien Encounter

#1008

Lol at the shark.
0

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

#1009

View PostHendricks420, on 16 August 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

>blue trooper
Do you even spritepal 22?


Well ... I think the blue really harmonises with the red.
0

User is offline   OpenMaw 

  • Judge Mental

#1010

Those sprites are all 1:1 right? You didn't do any scaling on them?
1

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

#1011

View PostCommando Nukem, on 16 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Those sprites are all 1:1 right? You didn't do any scaling on them?


No scaling whatsoever :(
0

User is offline   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

#1012

The Pig Cop won't fit in the Tank, and it's hard to believe the Alien Queen can give birth to a Protector Drone.
0

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

#1013

View PostFox, on 16 August 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

The Pig Cop won't fit in the Tank, and it's hard to believe the Alien Queen can give birth to a Protector Drone.




This post has been edited by Dr_Proton: 17 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

1

User is offline   MetHy 

#1014

I know this is mainly about beta material, however I wonder if 3DRealms had plans for a Shadow Warrior sequel. After all, the ending of SW hints at a possible sequel... Will we ever find out?
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #1015

If Wanton Destruction is canon, SW's loose end is tied up.
0

User is offline   MetHy 

#1016

Well yeah, but that only came out in 2005 (i guess long after any SW sequel would be possible) and it wasn't exactly made by 3Drealms...
0

User is offline   OpenMaw 

  • Judge Mental

#1017

Besides which, if 3D Realms, or rather those with any creative clout back when the remake was being done wanted to do a sequel, they would have.
0

User is offline   Robman 

  • Asswhipe [sic]

#1018

Let's face it, Duke3d and Quake overshadowed the hell out of Sw, hence the poor sales figures and subsequent lack of motivation to pursue any add-ons or sequels. The world had moved on from build. That said, SW is deserving of such things being the awesome game that it is and I've yet to find a better multiplayer experience in any game since.
0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • The Sarien Encounter

#1019

I'd like to see a fan mod made in the Q2 engine or something old like that which acted as a sort of sequel to SW. Would like to see how fun that might be with SW's weapons (maybe a couple original ones) in a true 3D engine.

[/idea post]
1

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #1020

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 19 August 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

I'd like to see a fan mod made in the Q2 engine or something old like that which acted as a sort of sequel to SW Blood. Would like to see how fun that might be with SW's Blood's weapons (maybe a couple original ones) in a true 3D engine.

[/idea post]

How well is that Transfusion workin' out for ya?
0

Share this topic:


  • 78 Pages +
  • « First
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34
  • 35
  • 36
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options