Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

Is there any tutorials for imitating those font?

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

It's just a roman serif style font, nobody probably knows the real font so they just choose the closest thing and copy colors from the existing letters.

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

Talking about fonts ... Does any of you guys know where the Wolf3D font is from ? I'm trying to recreate it but it would be better to have the original one of course.

• Ancient Blood God

It's an Old English based font, though it might be completely possible it's hand-crafted for the game due to lack of font bank availability in 1992.

View PostHendricks266, on 24 January 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

Posted Image

It just occurred to me that this city is the one shown in the news report in the retail version of the game;
Attached File  FutureCity.PNG (1.84K)
Number of downloads: 227

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostDr_Proton, on 10 February 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Talking about fonts ... Does any of you guys know where the Wolf3D font is from ? I'm trying to recreate it but it would be better to have the original one of course.

It's a drawing. It didn't come from anywhere.

• Ancient Blood God

Wasn't there some picture of the guys drawing it?

What about this font ?

http://www.dafont.co...ext=Wolfenstein

Old forum post that Daedolon mentioned.

http://forums.3dreal...ead.php?t=38077

This post has been edited by Dr_Proton: 11 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

Shameless plug time (loosely Duke3D and very beta related):
I've made a LPT-port dongle which allows one to use a cheap, simple covox with software compatible with the Disney Sound Source (Duke3D being one such software, having possibly one of the most powerful sound engines for the thing).

http://i.imgur.com/FtPRSAZ.jpg (350kb)
Full documentation (schematic, PCB sample layout) over at VOGONS

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

View PostDuke64Ghost, on 04 February 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well thought I would make one for fun might aswell :lol: If you know who that is you are awesome.

Spoiler

You have been obsessive with Turok lately ;) cool picture idea

Thread's dead, baby. Thread's dead.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Nah.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostDr_Proton, on 27 February 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

Posted Image

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDr_Proton, on 27 February 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

The only reason you didn't get a downvote was the Pulp Fiction reference.

So I went to 3DRealms the other day and there was nothing new. No Beta stuff or any new articles. What happened to them, are they still 'working' on that ?

User is offline   Lunick 

Bombshell I assume.

User is offline   Steve 64 

the last thing I saw on there facebook was indeed bombshell testing but, I do like to know the new look of that game though

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 28 February 2015 - 04:38 PM

Hey man, I hear the more you beg and whine about something not coming out, the faster it'll come out! Try it!

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Good point... just like personal relationships... begging is pointless for the most part. Just go with what is already out and enjoy it. No need to worry about what "almost is"... spend that energy enjoying what already is. Almost everything we enjoy relative to entertainment has a replacement. I grew a bit waiting for Duke Nukem Forever for sure... in the end, I realized the journey with many of the persons here was probably held more value than the game when it finally came out. If someone enjoys whining, then I guess this is working for them though...

Some people enjoy fishing, others enjoy only catching fish... very different things. Different people can enjoy exactly the same "thing" for completely different reasons... meaning, that some are here to enjoy anticipation, others the whining, others the game being released, others a mix of any ratio of these things and many others I am sure.

What are you here for? (rhetorical)

I am here to watch people whine and catch fish... I mean see the game released. :)
Actually I still have no expectations of this game, which is the opposite of my journey to the release of Duke Nukem Forever, which was more memorable and epic than the game.

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 28 February 2015 - 07:47 PM

Noooooooooo Im begging for EDuke32 online to come out that what im begging for, Does suck that we have to wait forever but it be worth the wait.

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 28 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

we'd be lucky to be around by the time we somehow see online support for EDuke32. let alone making it easy to get online and play. and the Duke & SW beta stuff would be cool to have as well

View PostSteven Shipler, on 28 February 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Noooooooooo Im begging for EDuke32 online to come out that what im begging for, Does suck that we have to wait forever but it be worth the wait.
(Please note that I was being almost completely factious with no intent of attacking anyone for anything.)
As a person who had NO idea Duke Nukem 3 wasn't going to be another even more improved Duke Side-Scroller, waiting for things can get kind of negative. I am SO glad I never knew... no waiting. Is like walking into your house and there is already a 5 course gourmet meal on the table... you didn't anticipate it all day in a distracted state with your mouth watering like a sprinkler. :P I now distract myself from "waiting" by playing one of the other bazillion games available. :)

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 28 February 2015 - 08:37 PM

Ok not to be rude or anything didn't even ask what Duke 3D was, I already know the history of Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem 3D, I don't need a history lesson but that could work with New Dukers :)

View PostSteven Shipler, on 01 March 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

Ok not to be rude or anything didn't even ask what Duke 3D was, I already know the history of Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem 3D, I don't need a history lesson but that could work with New Dukers :)
I didn't relay my point correctly, wasn't directed at you... sorry that wasn't clear. I was referencing myself with that, not you.
I was busy with other things at the time (like playing Wolfenstein 3D and DooM) and didn't know that Duke Nukem 3 was going to be a "Doom-a-like", or "3D" of the era. I was only setting up pointing out how much anticipation I avoided by NOT knowing anything about Duke Nukem, so I didn't experience what I didn't waiting for Duke Nukem Forever, with Duke Nukem 3D.

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 01 March 2015 - 07:27 AM

it ok man

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostMrBlackCat, on 28 February 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

Good point... just like personal relationships... begging is pointless for the most part.

I was promised alphas/betas marriage, all I got was humped and dumped.

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 28 February 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

Hey man, I hear the more you beg and whine about something not coming out, the faster it'll come out! Try it!

When my dog begs and whines he gets what he wants much quicker.

This post has been edited by Robman: 01 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

User is offline   Oook 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 28 February 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

What are you here for? (rhetorical)

Posted Image

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I'm glad they put focus on Bombshell for the time being, because it looks WAY better than what was seen in the teaser released last year. I'm excited for its release, and the mobile Duke 3d, as well as the alpha/beta releases and more 3dr site updates.

User is offline   Corvin 

• King of the Lamers

I believe there are volunteers working on the old archives. But they have other projects to do too where they will make money.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostCorvin, on 02 March 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

I believe there are volunteers working on the old archives. But they have other projects to do too where they will make money.

If you're referring to us, we were only sent a select portion of 3DR's archives.

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options