Duke4.net Forums: Doom corner - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doom corner  "for all Doom related discussion"

User is online   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I don't understand how they haven't got the hint yet that the single player campaign is where it's at with D-2016.

Push push push for the MP before release. Ages after release and there has been no interest whatsoever in any of that crap and everyone is howling for more SP goodness - push push push for the MP.

Dudes - DUDES - please wake the hell up!!!

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 23 July 2017 - 01:13 AM

User is offline   Cage 

Some of the gothic theme textures from Supplice in context ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

More here:
https://twitter.com/...813632452268036
https://twitter.com/...814647092146177

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Cage: 23 July 2017 - 03:16 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostTea Monster, on 23 July 2017 - 01:12 AM, said:

I don't understand how they haven't got the hint yet that the single player campaign is where it's at with D-2016.

Push push push for the MP before release. Ages after release and there has been no interest whatsoever in any of that crap and everyone is howling for more SP goodness - push push push for the MP.

Dudes - DUDES - please wake the hell up!!!

Don't know if they still want to do more SP DLCs...hope they will do...

The MP in DooM 2016 just sucks, unfix-able sucks...just like I can't fix my tiredness about all checkpoint-based games which is the only reason I stooped play DooM 2016/Bombshell...I just want save whatever I want......

I'm the guy at 3DRealms Forum...

http://forums.3dreal...mber.php?u=3816

Sometimes, I act like a stupid asshole. I know, and I'm sorry about that. :(

User is online   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

They haven't done anything single player, let alone more. I was hoping that after the success of the SP, that we'd get an announcement at least of something else. Maybe they are going to go straight to a 'Doom II' style 'sequel'? I don't know.

I didn't really object to the MP in NewDoom. It was just so staggeringly ordinary. I felt like I'd played this before, better, elsewhere. Just very, very 'mehhh'. No attention-holding ability at all.

Cage - Damn, that is sweet. I love the second shot. The red, wood and black stone goes very well together. How are you getting the light flare under the ceiling lamps?

View PostTea Monster, on 23 July 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

I didn't really object to the MP in NewDoom. It was just so staggeringly ordinary. I felt like I'd played this before, better, elsewhere. Just very, very 'mehhh'. No attention-holding ability at all.

I should say more clearly when I made my last post...I feel the MP just so CoD-like...and make me want to play the original game's MP instead...so it just sucks for me...

---

But come to think of it, even they do make more SP campaign DLCs...I maybe still can't play it...... :\

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 23 July 2017 - 04:57 AM

User is offline   Fantinaikos 

Classes, only 2 portable weapons, total absence of free deathmatch at beginning, slow movement, unbalanced weapons, legalized wallhack powerup, the demon stone transform anyone into an unstoppable tank, a general stink of Halo...

They just putted almost every possible trending shit that does not encourage the real fun, the competent player skill or the challenging competion.

User is offline   CryptKiller 

Cage, will those textures be used in SP campaign as well? Mechadon only mentioned the use in DM maps. Przepiękne :)

User is offline   Striker 

• Honored Donor

View PostPlayer Lin, on 23 July 2017 - 04:01 AM, said:

The MP in DooM 2016 just sucks, unfix-able sucks...

It does suck, but I think it could be salvageable if this were done: https://bethesda.net...sic-dm-playlist

Posted Image

User is offline   Cage 

View PostCryptKiller, on 23 July 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

Cage, will those textures be used in SP campaign as well? Mechadon only mentioned the use in DM maps. Przepiękne :)

Of course! The DM maps are meant to form a proper MP component of Supplice,, but they also help us a great deal with experimenting/tweaking with the textures in context and help us with the visuals of the SP maps where the themes have a bit more specific direction.

Ciesze się, że się podoba!

Posted Image

User is offline   Toxic34 

I've been looking more at what the original Doom 4 concept was, including the little bits of footage that was found and is on YouTube. I think it was actually interesting and had potential, but I agree with the sentiment that it didn't provide what a Doom game should have. Choosing to scrap the work done and start from scratch was quite necessary.

That said, I think there is a place for a game like this. How about take this work, rebuild it, and release it under a different title, still by id, and have it all set in between the classic Doom and Doom II? Have all this focus on the Earth-bound resistance and whatnot, and then the ending sequence is the Doom Marine teleporting to Earth after defeating the Spider Mastermind in the original game and ready to do his part?

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

If it were to be reworked into a new game I think it should just be removed from the Doom franchise altogether and make it a new IP.

Or maybe call it Prey 2.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
Duke3D, Doom, Descent, Hocus Pocus, and more...
Legacy of Grabbag Metal Medley
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 28 July 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

Or maybe call it Prey 2.

If it still just like Arkane Studios' reboot then...

Please, NO.

:P

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 28 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

Actually it'd probably be more fitting if they just rebranded again and made another new Prey 1 with it.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
Duke3D, Doom, Descent, Hocus Pocus, and more...
Legacy of Grabbag Metal Medley
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 28 July 2017 - 08:38 PM

User is offline   Cage 

I've uploaded a short clip of testing out the dual wielding on the assault rifles and new bullet puffs/impact fx in Supplice (A Doom TC) to Twitter, check it out:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options