Duke4.net Forums: Daily Dnf Rant Thread Part 2 - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Daily Dnf Rant Thread Part 2  "Rants about DNF and its development go here."

User is offline   Kathy 

Well... What can we say? They suck major balls as a developer.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

I can't even bring myself to gripe anymore.

Or is that a gripe as well?

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

I don't know what's worse - how pathetically dead the official forum is, or the fact that we're so numb to it all that we don't even gripe here much anymore.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View Postcrunchysuperman, on May 6 2009, 02:32 PM, said:

I don't know what's worse - how pathetically dead the official forum is, or the fact that we're so numb to it all that we don't even gripe here much anymore.

You know you're a beat down DNF fan when you no longer have the will to bitch.

Posted Image

:rolleyes: ;) ;) :D :D :D :( :( :( :(

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View Postcrunchysuperman, on May 6 2009, 08:32 PM, said:

People don't give a shit about the game anymore.

Sorry that I'm going to be mean, but I hope the game will rot on the shelves once it's released (if it's ever released)

I mean c'mon, this is ridiculous. The game is almost finished imho, i bet one of my testicles on that.

If my thoughs are right, it only lacks the voice work AND the porting process to the Xbox 360 or Whatever consoles targeted for.

IT NEEDS TO BE SHOW ALREADY, THIS SILENCE IS AN INSULT TO WHOEVER IS INTERESTED ON THEIR DAMN PRODUCT.

Jesus, Stay Tuned, Jace Hall, Christmas Gift.

FUCK OOOOFFFF!!!!

And yup, I agree Duke4 should be more alive than it currently is, but the general DNF ambience is dishearting.

User is offline   Kathy 

It's no coincidence. There is just nothing to talk about that haven't been talked before and also is still interesting. Either it's criticism or fan-hype.

User is online   X-Vector 

View PostPsyrgery, on May 6 2009, 10:38 PM, said:

If my thoughs are right, it only lacks the voice work AND the porting process to the Xbox 360 or Whatever consoles targeted for.

Your thoughts are wrong.

• Honored Donor

Posted Image

"If my thoughs are right, it only lacks the voice work AND the porting process to the Xbox 360 or Whatever consoles targeted for."

This just seems wrong for me for some reason. I DO get the feeling it is in a decently advanced state. BUT that doesn't even remotely imply it is as close as you seem to think. I guess if that was the case we would hear more from them. Besides I don't think the porting process to the 360 is something they will start late in the process. From all the indications we have been given it might well be up and running on the 360 already and have been for a while.

George is a huge 360 fanboy.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View PostKristian Joensen, on May 6 2009, 11:15 PM, said:

"If my thoughs are right, it only lacks the voice work AND the porting process to the Xbox 360 or Whatever consoles targeted for."

This just seems wrong for me for some reason. I DO get the feeling it is in a decently advanced state. BUT that doesn't even remotely imply it is as close as you seem to think. I guess if that was the case we would hear more from them. Besides I don't think the porting process to the 360 is something they will start late in the process. From all the indications we have been given it might well be up and running on the 360 already and have been for a while.

George is a huge 360 fanboy.

Yeah, you're possibly right! You've always got the sanest posts Kristian.

At least we've brought some "life" to Duke4 :rolleyes:

Let's just expect for something to come up at the E3, even though it's considered "irrelevant" by Scott

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Shnordy
Omg!!
Never in the history of PC gaming has there been a bigger incompetent mishandling of a high potential game character IP as 3D Relms mishandling of the "Duke Nukem" character.
The earnings potential of said character could have been huge had it not been botched in such an inept manner.

"Duke Nukem Forever" is the longest running joke in PC games history.
I'm not sure what the biggest joke is:
A) 12+ year development time.
:rolleyes: The idea that whatever you eventually release under the name "Duke Nukem Forever" could ever justify said development time. (if it EVER gets released)

The best thing you could do now is to sell the "Duke Nukem" character IP to Valve Software and in 2 to 3 years the PC gaming public would have an entertaining, high quality "Duke Nukem" based game to enjoy.
"Duke Nukem 3D" was a masterpiece of it's time (still play it from time to time). The incompetence of 3D Relms in regards to "Duke Nukem Forever" is sickening at best.
"Georgie boy" in a corporate sense, you and the other 3D Relms principals should be shot.

I only signed on to have this "one time only" vent.
You may now delete my post and ban my account. (yes, I am well aware of the "police state" these forums are)

Thats from the 3DR forums.

http://forums.3dreal...ead.php?t=35531
thought it would be worth posting it here

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I can't take someone who mispells "relms" seriously...

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

I'm out of rant at this point.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I don't think anyone wants to rant anymore now...there's no point now.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Please only use this thread (linked below) for discussing the news on 3D Realms shutting down:

http://www.duke4.net...p?showtopic=750

View Postkaisersoze, on May 6 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

Wow, just wow. :rolleyes:

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Are you alive kaiser?

View PostDavoX, on May 6 2009, 04:19 PM, said:

I can't take someone who mispells "relms" seriously...

Well... to be fair, you (like many of us) took GB seriously. I don't see how a typo is worse than an incompetent human being running a successful business into the ground.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

fucking hell what the fuck is wrong iwth 3dr
they cant fucking shut down working on a game for 12 years to fucking shut down!!1

theyres goit to be mroe to it!!
FUCK
Let me repete this
FUCKKKKKL

View Postkaisersoze, on May 6 2009, 03:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

Insanely uncanny timing man.

User is offline   Kathy 

He posted that pic before the news? Wow, just wow...

View PostLotan, on May 7 2009, 07:03 AM, said:

He posted that pic before the news? Wow, just wow...

Actually no, Weider told him before hand (I think).

• Honored Donor

View PostSinisterambo, on May 7 2009, 07:33 AM, said:

Actually no, Weider told him before hand (I think).

I was not in contact with Charlie. No.

When Kaiser posted optimistically about E3 recently, Weider replied with "Oh Kaiser". People took this to mean Oh Kaiser. Will you never learn?

Charlie commented (my mouse is broken so please excuse no quotes) with retrospect that his original post of Oh Kaiser was actually a reference to the then impending news. How did Weider know? Joe didn't even know.

User is offline   Kathy 

I don't know. Someone in the company told him. Some people should have known it maybe 1-2 days earlier. Besides, we don't know when Joe learned about this.

View PostSinisterambo, on May 7 2009, 06:55 AM, said:

When Kaiser posted optimistically about E3 recently, Weider replied with "Oh Kaiser". People took this to mean Oh Kaiser. Will you never learn?

Charlie commented (my mouse is broken so please excuse no quotes) with retrospect that his original post of Oh Kaiser was actually a reference to the then impending news. How did Weider know? Joe didn't even know.

Our industry community is stupid small sometimes, and when word travels fast sometimes it can miss the people at the center of it for a while. :rolleyes:

Needless to say I was hearing about the possibility a couple of days ago.

Well he did an interview the day before the news broke and was not aware of it then.

• Honored Donor

This really fucking sucks man.

Owned.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostSinisterambo, on May 7 2009, 04:08 PM, said:

Well he did an interview the day before the news broke and was not aware of it then.

Yeah, I know. The interview was done the same day it was posted or earlier? Anyway, I don't have the desire to look when did Charlie posted it. Who cares anyway?

View PostLotan, on May 7 2009, 01:13 PM, said:

Yeah, I know. The interview was done the same day it was posted or earlier? Anyway, I don't have the desire to look when did Charlie posted it. Who cares anyway?

I was just trying to get to the bottom of whether Kaiser knew beforehand and posted the two pics as he found this out, or whether it was just an amazing co-incidence.

I wanted it to be a co-incidence as this would mean he predicted something correctly (for once). I'm a fan of Kaiser and wanted him to feel good about something in this dark, pitch black time.

You say who cares? You asked the question originally so presumably you do care, or did.

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 07 May 2009 - 04:28 AM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options