Duke4.net Forums: Daily Dnf Rant Thread Part 2 - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Daily Dnf Rant Thread Part 2  "Rants about DNF and its development go here."

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMicki!, on Apr 3 2009, 08:06 PM, said:

I kinda wish they had made some sort of april fools prank, i rather enjoy seeing them making fun of DNF or stuff like that while i sit here and live my life untill an eventual release of the game...

Oh, if they had done that, then people would have been really upset. You know why? Because it's not funny anymore.

I really thought t hat with all the updates that we would be seeing a media blitz soon... its a little disconcerting that we are again in a black out.

I mean I know no 3DR fans (I consider myself one as well) agree with me.. But I still be live that shitting on your fans the way that GB has done and continues to do is wrong.

User is offline   Kathy 

Huh, no 3dr fans would agree with you? Read the first part of the this thread somewhere from November.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

View PostMrAdidaKing, on Apr 5 2009, 09:28 PM, said:

I really thought t hat with all the updates that we would be seeing a media blitz soon... its a little disconcerting that we are again in a black out.

Actually, they should have just kept their stuff hidden - since showing some, then again going for blackout is stupid. That's how I feel. That's what happened, as much as I liked the media - I'd prefer to see the game when they are ready to show it in a substantial form. Little bit, then nothing for +1year again isn't something I like.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

http://www.new7wonders.com/

I'd suggest to add the fact of George still being the Project Lead manager of any project after all the disastrous managing he's been doing as a Wonder of the World.

Because it's something I can't manage to believe nor I can reach to describe.

It's unique! :rolleyes:

this media blackout pisses me off George!!! Whats up with the game?!

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

You know, I've never really been in the camp that cries how 3DR is mistreating it's fans. Sure, I piss & moan about the length of development as much as anybody, but since it's their game & we've not put up any money up front, I've never figured that they actually owe us anything.

But this business of going on and on about how the next time they show the game it'll be in substantial form, only to hand out some short teasing followed by complete blackout for another year is exactly that - slapping your biggest fans in the face!

Really makes me wonder if they're trying to get a completely new audience by: A ) fading out of all memory for the majority, and B ) taking the few remaining hardcore fans and purposely insulting them until they leave for good.

Every interview has them saying how much they've learned from their mistakes, and yet here they go again showing the game too early.

This post has been edited by crunchysuperman: 06 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

I want to rant, but i can't.
I take a firm stand and just stick my head in the sand.

User is offline   Sharpie 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NmjCyqIavI...feature=related
This video reminds me of George Broussard. Not just because the person (or whatever it is) looks like him a bit but because every time I see that video, the rage inside me quadruples. It pisses me off so much that this game is still in development hell. Where's the light at the end of the tunnel now? All I see is a gaping black hole.

George all you have to do is get off your ass and finish the game off. If you would just use your twitter properly, with small yet consistent messages on DNF's progress we (well I would) think positively about you again. It doesn't even have to reveal any features of the game or anything of that nature. Hell even if once a month you gave us a percentage of completion and nothing else until DNF's release would be suffice.

Just something. This shit isn't good enough. It is pathetic.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

Duke Nukem Forever will blow, just as its development does.

How to make crap out of something glorious? Ask George Broussard.

This post has been edited by Psyrgery: 10 April 2009 - 04:43 AM

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

"What the fuck is so long!" Damn it, more than 12 years... Fuck! If they do not release this bloody game within 2 following years, they will be totally suckers

This post has been edited by #SH@DOW#: 10 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

User is offline   Battousai 

GAME DELAYED AGAIN!!!

"Headache and feeling like crap. Hope I'm not catching what some people at the office may have."
8:50 AM Apr 9th from web George's twitter

Come on WTF, MOVE YOUR ASSES!!!!!!

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Let's send George some roses and a get well soon card :rolleyes:
The he can get back to making the game.

User is offline   trackit 

damn... if i only new that "stay tuned" at the end of the teaser in 2007 meant that in spring 2009, almost 1,5 years later we have still nohting... :rolleyes: At the time i thought that we will have a full trailer in 1 to 2 months (3 at MOST) ;)

User is offline   Kathy 

Not to mention that I thought the game will be out in 2008 for sure.

View PostLotan, on Apr 5 2009, 11:58 AM, said:

Huh, no 3dr fans would agree with you? Read the first part of the this thread somewhere from November.

there was a huge discussion at 3DR forums about this subject and many people told me that GB owes 3DR fans nothing. This is his creative property and he can do with it what he pleases. He doesn't even have to release it if he doesn't want to.

User is offline   Kathy 

It depends on the meaning of the "owe". Of course they don't owe us anything financially. But they do owe us morally. They owe us an apology and some kind of respect. Because they're just playing with us. Even after all those years. Teaser is a turd that showed their respect for us. Stay tuned my fucking ass.

It was really hard to swallow this peace of crap after you had justified their blackout. After you thought they wouldn't hype something until it is truly ready for an unveiling.

I'm not saying that 3dr's fans are Buddha-like beings. But considering 3dr's development history, they should be happy about that this fanbase is(was) with them. So, they do owe some respect to their fans.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

We'll hit the 16th month anniversary of "stay tuned" this weekend.

Another milestone checked off the list I suppose. Only thirty more "tasks" until the next one is completed! Woohoo! :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by crunchysuperman: 15 April 2009 - 02:41 AM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Bought a 128gig external SSD drive and am copying the game down to it now. I have one in my Macbook Air and love it. They are great.
12 minutes ago from web

Damn it!!
I wish I could copy the game to something =X

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...Major-Milestone

500th Post!

This post has been edited by zchri9: 17 April 2009 - 11:32 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postzchri9, on Apr 18 2009, 06:31 AM, said:

Bought a 128gig external SSD drive and am copying the game down to it now. I have one in my Macbook Air and love it. They are great.
12 minutes ago from web

That's how things get leaked, right?

Why doesn't George just say something like - Hey guys thanks for your support and it is appreciated but the game is still a long way off so check back in a few months for a status update, instead of giving us the impression that it's on its way soon? Grrr etc.

User is offline   Lead 

I think this site I'm linking is an accurate performance portraying the current DNF situation, and GBs Twitter in general, and the strange reaction of the DNF community to them.

http://susanboyle.ytmnd.com/
(has sound)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

2,200 followers? Who the hell are you people? Now I feel pressure to Tweet, Twit or whatever the hell it is. Ok, I'm eating Taco Bell.
6:20 PM Apr 20th from web

So much for pressure to tweet =X
He hasn't done any tweets for what, 4 days now?

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

DNF in 2009?
GeorgeB says:
No.
about 3 hours ago from web

User is offline   Sharpie 

If we don't see anything at E3 again this year, that would be a massive indicator to me for where 3DR is at with developing DNF. The E3 sticky thread on the official forums stated that George won't ever consider returning to E3 until the game is done. If Duke Nukem Forever isn't close enough to being finished with the beginning of a marketing campaign by the middle of the year, well the signs won't be very positive at all.

I sincerely hope i'm wrong though. Come on 3D Realms, get off your asses and finish the game instead of eating food at BBQ's.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Posted ImagePosted Image
Ive discovered the joy of p0stwh0res!

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

12 years guys!
How does it feel?

View Postzchri9, on Apr 28 2009, 11:28 PM, said:

12 years guys!
How does it feel?

Let me put it this way - LOL @ ME!

User is offline   Nihilanth 

12 years. That's 4380 days and that's 105120 hours... Wasted on a first-person shooter. This list is still pretty, hm, amazing to look at even though it hasn't been updated for over a year. Among other things let's look at other games.

During this time Valve (Gearbox for OF and BS) released:
Half-Life
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two

The entire Half-Life franchise...

Blizzard released:
StarCraft
StarCraft: Brood War
Diablo 2
Diablo 2: Lordd of Destruction
WarCraft 3: Reign of Chaos
WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne
World of WarCraft
World of WarCraft: The Burning Crusade
World of WarCraft: Wrath of the Lich King

GSC Game World released:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

and the next title is coming soon. Not many but it's worth mentioning due to problematic development by an inexperienced team of an open-ended shooter with RPG elements, experimentational AI system, building the entire engine from scratch along with physics engine and a major upgrade to dx9.

BioWare (Obsidian Entertaiment for NWN2 and KotOR2) released:
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide
Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of Underdark
Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker
Neverwinter Nights 2
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of Betrayer
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
Neverwinter Nights 2: Msyteries of Westgate
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Jade Empire
Mass Effect

All of them are lenghty RPGs.

The entire Fallout series have been released during that time:
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
Fallout 3

Again, all of them are lenghty RPGs (with a slight expection of Tactics as far as I know)

Bethesda released:
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal
The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles

Another set of RPGs.

We could go on like this forever. Add every Unreal, every Quake (except for the first one), every Thief, both DX, every Tony Hawk, every Metal Gear Solid, every 3D Prince of Persia (5 games), every Halo (3 games, expansion coming this year)...

And during this entire time 3DR are developing ONE, linear, 10h or so first-person shooter.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options