Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior Pump Shotgun Req - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior Pump Shotgun Req  "Old screenshot"

Looking for the screenshot of Shadow Warrior with the scrapped pump shotgun.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Which Shadow Warrior? 1997 or 2013? As far as I know Shadow Warrior 1997 never had a pump shotgun.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You aren't talking about this, are you?

Posted Image

That was never in the game, and certainly not scrapped. It's from The Last Warrior mod.

Definitely not. It was centred and pump-action, not that large.

User is offline   necroslut 

I can't remember ever seeing a centered shotgun in a Shadow Warrior beta screenshot. Sure you're not talking about some mod?

I remember seeing it in a thread about Shadow Warrior development and people commented on there being a pump shotgun. I could be remembering it wrong but I don't think I am.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

There was a centered crossbow.

I've seen the crossbow, wasn't the crossbow.

User is offline   Jblade 

I definitly don't remember seeing a pump-action shotgun, the only beta guns shown were earlier versions of the guns in the final game with the exception of the Crossbow and the electric-spike-gauntlet.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I think you're referring to the early Duke Nukem 3d shotgun (http://download.aban...l%201996%29.jpg) that was centered. I created a pickup sprite for it using a screenshot of a manual that showed it(http://download.aban...l%201996%29.jpg):
Posted Image

But you're asking for a Shadow Warrior shotgun
Posted Image
Posted Image

I worked on this about 2 years ago, never finished it, and don't plan on finishing it, but maybe someone on here could find it useful and finish them up themselves?

This post has been edited by gerolf: 15 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

Shit yeah that was exactly what I saw. Thanks.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Is that a SPAS12? Looks really familiar from somewhere else.

User is offline   KareBear 

Its the Shotgun from Duke Nukem 64.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

That Last Warrior screenshot looks very familiar :blink:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah I stole it from you. (I uploaded it on imgur though. No leeching for you. :blink:)

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

lol, right on. Are some folks making some new sw content? If so.. who are they and what are they doing?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostHendricks266, on 11 July 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

This is how things stand now:

Deadly Kiss Restoration Team:
me - Organizer, Research, Development
Nacho - Organizer, Corporate Liaison
Jimmy - 8-Bit Art
DanM - Map Editing [EDIT: Daedolon actually]
LeoTCK - Research
Victor Delacroix - Research
(Everyone has the additional credit of "Testing".)

Deadly Kiss Expansion Credits:
Joe Wilcox
Andre Lowe
Crista Forest
(...and others we don't know yet [EDIT: Or I'm too lazy to go look up at the moment.])

Special Thanks:
Bryan Turner (Bryan3DR)

Here's a short run-down of how things got started. Way back in 2009, I was trying to get in contact with SillySoft to talk about Deadly Kiss and possibly releasing NW as freeware. I first made contact with Andre Lowe, who then put me in contact with Joe Wilcox. He told me that he had a backup from a dev computer and needed to find it before sending off the data and to find the original contracts before releasing it publicly. About a year later, Nacho emailed me asking for information ont DK and I told him the current status and put him in contact with Joe Wilcox. A short time later, Joe emailed us with the data retrieved from the backup. I sorted through the data, finding (among about 200 MB of data when uncompressed) 1) the maps, 2) ART files, 3) a modified SW.EXE with the level names and stats, 4) two image files of a Deadly Kiss logo and an anime drawing of the main character. (Other interesting things included a pre-1.2 testing full version of SW and beta art from NW.) I'll skip the details but we didn't have everything necessary for a polished release, so I asked my friend Jimmy for help with art. We also recruited DanM Daedolon to fix errors found in the maps during playtesting. Later, LeoTCK and Delacroix contacted me saying they had made contact with Crista Forest, one of the original DK mappers, and they joined our team. (She also contributed to Twin Dragon.)

We've been hung up on really getting a straight answer concerning it's release and waiting to see if anyone would dig up further backups or any other materials, but it looks like we're getting left with what we got. Alas we are making progress and getting serious about pushing it out the door. I'm probably 20%-30% on the art right now. In fact, we're really gonna need a modeler so if anyone is interested in helping us, send me or Hendricks a message.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Awesome :blink: Thanks for the in-depth response Jimmy. I look forward to giving DK a try.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options