Duke4.net Forums: CPAC - Establishment vs Tea, who is whining? - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 130 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CPAC - Establishment vs Tea, who is whining?

I just saw the key speech's at this weeks CPAC. To my amazement, is seems that the establishment is losing ground and fast. Senators that are RINO's, even if they claim to be reformed, got booed! I never saw that before. Even Mitch McConnell who is trying for re-election and claimed to be "changed", even with a rifle in his hand couldn't get the crowd to cheer much. It was embarrassing. I think the establishment is losing to the Tea Party, and fast. Of course tea party reps got the loudest applause, and Rand Paul won again, and I think he is the GOP nominee for 2016.

Just a year ago experts and pundits didn't think the establishment with all their money would ever lose to Tea. I guess they were wrong, the people are fed up.

"Stunticons, merge to become...Men-a-sor..." - Motormaster

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I was very discouraged when I read a recent quote from McConnell promising ( I'm paraphrasing ) that the tea party won't get a single nominee elected if he has his way. And that the establishment Reps will spend money to accomplish it. OY. :wub:

This post has been edited by Mark.: 09 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

That sucks. Well, Mitch might lose, he is in the fight of his life!

User is offline   MetroidJunkie 

Chris Christie got a very thunderous applause, though, isn't he considered by many to be the establishment?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

American Conservatism in general is largely becoming irrelevant. The Tea Party's popularity at the moment is merely a knee-jerk reaction to this decrease in relevance. Real conservativism is burgeoning just below the surface and is frankly a welcome sight. These cultural marxist degenerates running around proclaiming to be liberals need to be shoved in ovens, they're a bunch of fucking ticks and mosquitoes.

View PostMetroidJunkie, on 09 March 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

Chris Christie got a very thunderous applause, though, isn't he considered by many to be the establishment?

It's because out of prominent members of the GOP, on average, Chris Christie has been more concerned with what's right rather than what the party line says. He showed real leadership after Hurricane Sandy and that's something this country is starving for.

Chappy pozzed my neghole.

I think Jimmy makes a good point: Christie shows leadership. And he has SOME good ideas too which is attractive to the party. However, he has the wrong stance on some issues. I noticed he didn't talk about those issues.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Establishment vs Tea Party - what a farce. The current GOP votes with the hivemind of opposing anything the President puts forward, with the exception of a few "moderates". Meanwhile Harry Reid and the President both promise to veto anything the GOP proposes in the House, whether it comes from the right-wing or the very-right-wing. This so-called schism will dissipate if the Republicans get control of both the House and Senate, which probably will not happen this year.

After you factor in all of the individuals who vote on principle, combined with those who vote on the basis of party affiliation (esp. union workers), there are more people in the United States who are concerned about getting their slice of the American welfare pie than there are people who are concerned with sound economic fundamentals. What's more, the population of the former group is growing day-by-day if you consider the generational gap; older generations are more predisposed to vote Republican. It doesn't matter what candidate the GOP puts forth in 2016, even if it's Ron Paul. They will not win the next election. Texas will fall to the Democrats and the election of a Democrat governor in Florida will seal the deal.

I assure you of this, though: The U.S. economy is headed for a heavy depression in the coming years. The DJIA is suspiciously mirroring the patterns it showed before the 1929 crash. We have an enormous student loan bubble which is due for popping, whether it's the President wiping the slate clean and erasing all that debt, or on the flip side, the debt being defaulted on by English major graduates struggling to find work. We have a do-nothing Congress that refuses to raise taxes and an entitled populous that refuses to let that Congress raise taxes. I hear there is also talk about student loans being issued with adjustable rates - does that sound familiar to anyone? It should. When that depression hits, that's when we will see a major change in government and the economic system as we know it.

Edit: One other thing - Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are hacks. They claim to embody libertarian principles. The truth of the matter is that they sway with the winds of the ultra-conservative movement. They would ban medical marijuana and abortion in a heartbeat if the party so desired.

Cobrastan is not a real country.
Keep Radar away!

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 10 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

User is offline   DustFalcon85 

Oh goody! A new Blue Lighting topic!
Posted Image

I'm from Kentucky too. Look's like Mitch's chances for re-election are not promising. I've even seen an ad for Matt Belven for senate in a back of a ad-truck w/ the "Ditch Mitch" flyers in between.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

View PostBlue Lightning, on 09 March 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

I just saw the key speech's at this weeks CPAC. To my amazement, is seems that the establishment is losing ground and fast. Senators that are RINO's, even if they claim to be reformed, got booed! I never saw that before. Even Mitch McConnell who is trying for re-election and claimed to be "changed", even with a rifle in his hand couldn't get the crowd to cheer much. It was embarrassing. I think the establishment is losing to the Tea Party, and fast. Of course tea party reps got the loudest applause, and Rand Paul won again, and I think he is the GOP nominee for 2016.

Just a year ago experts and pundits didn't think the establishment with all their money would ever lose to Tea. I guess they were wrong, the people are fed up.

Posted Image

YFW the Tea Party is also the establishment. "You thought this was a real grassroots movement? NOPE! Just Dave and Charles Koch with another one of our lifelike astroturf movements."

Abstraksjon: når man tror at noe gjør det enklere, men fører til at det blir komplisert.

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea as it eliminates any genetic tendencies towards fanaticism."
-Carl Sagan

Personally, I'd love to see Mike Huckabee run, which he hinted that he might but hasn't confirmed one way or the other yet. He doesn't present himself as a radical nor as an establishment type, just as a red blooded American with traditional conservative values who draws his morals on his faith. Chris Christie and Rand Paul seem okay, too.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Gomer Pyle Mike FHuckabee is just as radical as the rest of them, and being one with "traditional conservative values who draws his morals on his faith" is not an honorable virtue.

Abstraksjon: når man tror at noe gjør det enklere, men fører til at det blir komplisert.

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea as it eliminates any genetic tendencies towards fanaticism."
-Carl Sagan

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostAlan, on 10 March 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

Gomer Pyle Mike FHuckabee is just as radical as the rest of them, and being one with "traditional conservative values who draws his morals on his faith" is not an honorable virtue.

Especially considering that it's those same "traditional conservatives" that have tried to dig in their heels against any progression in social liberties in this country.

Keep Radar away!

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Yeah, especially when they vouch for a guy who says women's bodies shut down their reproductive systems when they're raped.

-Carl Sagan

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

View PostComrade Major, on 10 March 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

After you factor in all of the individuals who vote on principle, combined with those who vote on the basis of party affiliation (esp. union workers), there are more people in the United States who are concerned about getting their slice of the American welfare pie than there are people who are concerned with sound economic fundamentals. What's more, the population of the former group is growing day-by-day if you consider the generational gap; older generations are more predisposed to vote Republican. It doesn't matter what candidate the GOP puts forth in 2016, even if it's Ron Paul. They will not win the next election. Texas will fall to the Democrats and the election of a Democrat governor in Florida will seal the deal.

This is why I never spend time bitching about Republicans and the current American strain of false conservatism. These people are literally dying and becoming more and more irrelevant by the minute. What we need to do now is fight off these goddamned false liberals. I'm tired of their politically correct economically unresponsible bullshit. The worse this shit gets the more and more people are going to turn to fascist groups. America will have it's own Golden Dawn. You just watch. You can't fuck with the proletariat, they'll get pissed and they'll take things into their own hands.

I assure you of this, though: The U.S. economy is headed for a heavy depression in the coming years. The DJIA is suspiciously mirroring the patterns it showed before the 1929 crash. We have an enormous student loan bubble which is due for popping, whether it's the President wiping the slate clean and erasing all that debt, or on the flip side, the debt being defaulted on by English major graduates struggling to find work. We have a do-nothing Congress that refuses to raise taxes and an entitled populous that refuses to let that Congress raise taxes. I hear there is also talk about student loans being issued with adjustable rates - does that sound familiar to anyone? It should. When that depression hits, that's when we will see a major change in government and the economic system as we know it.

I'm not an economist by any means (working on getting my masters from Mikko Sandt Online University) but the only solution that makes sense to me is abolishing state and federal taxes and raising taxes on every good and service possible. At least then people will be able to spend their money and keep this economy going.

One other thing - Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are hacks. They claim to embody libertarian principles. The truth of the matter is that they sway with the winds of the ultra-conservative movement. They would ban medical marijuana and abortion in a heartbeat if the party so desired.

Rand Paul is a curly headed fuck.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 10 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

View PostJimmy, on 10 March 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

I'm not an economist by any means (working on getting my masters from Mikko Sandt Online University) but the only solution that makes sense to me is abolishing state and federal taxes and raising taxes on every good and service possible. At least then people will be able to spend their money and keep this economy going.

This doesn't work. What eventually happens is enough people opt out of paying for something that the service in question eventually runs out of the funds to keep going for the people who still use it. Cut the funding of a vital service just because a small minority use it and it could have a detrimental effect on the country as a whole.

-Carl Sagan

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

Most of them are taxed already though. You could ditch state and federal taxes and people would have more money. (Like I just paid my first taxes ever, and the government took $30 out of my $320 pay check. Thanks assholes!) Just don't over-tax the goods and services. Fix the budget and allow people to spend their money. That's the only way we're going to get out of this shit.

Pipe dreams.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 10 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

You can ditch those taxes, sure. And then those services will be broke. That's why those taxes exist in the first place. European nations with higher taxes have more robust infrastructure and services because they have larger budgets, and those countries have a statistically higher rate of.. well, pretty much everything good, including longevity and overall life happiness.

-Carl Sagan

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

And waaayyy less military spending. They depend on good old USA to protect them.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

You can't really compare Norway or Switzerland to the United States.

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I was just addressing Alan's rosy view of the EU ( which I would dispute on many levels ). One of the reasons for it is they are not burdened with the same percentages of military spending the US has.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 10 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Busted Nut

Indeed, I was replying to him as well.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

View PostMark., on 10 March 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

And waaayyy less military spending. They depend on good old USA to protect them.

Of course they spend less on the military. They don't have huge companies like Lockheed-Martin, Boeing and Raytheon oiling the gears of the war machine and constantly lobbying officials to start shit with other nations. If this were such an issue, Sweden and Switzerland would not have been able to stay out of the World Wars. This is such a tired and arrogant argument made from the belief of American exceptionalism.

View PostJimmy, on 10 March 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

You can't really compare Norway or Switzerland to the United States.

Of course not. Both of those countries have a military-trained populace, the latter having a huge number of armed militias. :wub: The argument of "it works there but it can't work here" is another born of American exceptionalism. I know the EU has its share of problems and not all of them are doing that well. Incidentally it's the ones that are built to benefit sociopaths who do the worst. It's no coincidence that the era that saw the highest tax rates was also our most financially stable and provided a healthier life for the lower and middle class.

-Carl Sagan

This post has been edited by Alan: 10 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostAlan, on 10 March 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

Yeah, especially when they vouch for a guy who says women's bodies shut down their reproductive systems when they're raped.

I'm sorry, when did Huckabee argue on behalf of that? Go ahead, find the quote. The burden of proof is on you so show me Huckabee agreeing that the body shuts down during rape. Todd Adkins isn't Huckabee.

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMetroidJunkie, on 10 March 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

I'm sorry, when did Huckabee argue on behalf of that? Go ahead, find the quote. The burden of proof is on you so show me Huckabee agreeing that the body shuts down during rape. Todd Adkins isn't Huckabee.

He endorsed Todd Akin with his silence.

Keep Radar away!

View PostComrade Major, on 10 March 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

He endorsed Todd Akin with his silence.

So any democrat that didn't publicly refute the professor who suggested women urinate on themselves to avoid being raped really agree with him. Silence doesn't mean agreement unless Huckabee actually voiced support for him.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

He basically hammered other Repubs for not supporting Akin and insisted that forcible rape isn't so bad because it makes good things sometimes. Oh yeah, and he made a campaign video for Akin.

-Carl Sagan

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMetroidJunkie, on 10 March 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

So any democrat that

I could not care less what any Democrat or Republican or any politician in power thinks. I have no love for any of the current politicians. Any politician that passively allows the gridlock in Washington to continue is not worth their weight in salt. When it's gotten to the point that I can't trust the feds with Social Security, we have a dysfunctional government.

Keep Radar away!

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 10 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

Calling a rape a horrible tragedy isn't saying it isn't so bad, he's only saying that there can be a silver lining in it. I'll concede that maybe Huckabee should've been harder on Todd for his stupid comment but maybe he believed that Todd Akin qualities override his one fraudulent slip and, to be fair, Akin DID apologize for it.

This post has been edited by MetroidJunkie: 10 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Of course he can't come out saying it's not bad; that would be political suicide. If he could get away with it he would, but they haven't shifted the Overton window that far to the right yet (though they've made great strides in that over the past 40 years).

-Carl Sagan

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I hope I don't get hammered for playing Devil's advocate on the Akin claim. I know of no studies that have proven or disproven his theory. Think about all the other emotions or outside stimuli that trigger chemical and hormonal changes in the body. There are many examples ( sex, love, fear etc.. ) but I want to keep the post short. As we know, a woman's body has chemical barriers that are harmful to sperm ( and other germs or bacteria ) and most are killed off while travelling to their goal. Is it remotely possible that during the stress of rape the brain triggers a reaction so that some extra acidity might build up in the woman's passages to help kill off sperm more effectively? I'm not agreeing with Akin. I'm just suggesting that the notion is not as wild and looney as it was portrayed.

Share this topic:

• 130 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2016 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options