Duke4.net Forums: Hans Zimmer - Destiny's Door ( Mike Norvak Rework) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hans Zimmer - Destiny's Door ( Mike Norvak Rework)

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Hi I want to share this song, and this story to you all. It is a bit upsetting story...

Between night job and daylight sleeping (covering the bradcasting of Winter Olympic Games 2014 at Sochi on an important Mexico TV channel)
I managed to work on Hans Zimmer's "Destiny's Door" song, for Bleeding Fingers contest in a timelapse of a few days when I wasn't working or sleeping.

The silly and disappointing part of the story starts right here. By mistake, I thought the deadline ended on 19th February on USA time...

Unfortunately I noticed the contest just closed a few hours ago in the morning when I came back to home to give the final touches, because the deadline was refering to UTC time! not GMT-6, I know, I know... But in my defense, the rules link were "hidden" in the lowermost part of the page with small words... An overwhelming feeling catched me, I was angry, upset, sad. I closed the project session, and even was about to delete the song for good! Nonetheless, I entered a kind of crysis, thinking about past events, life, choices, and my future career as a producer and doing the things I love... it was a catharsis, an encounter with my self, finally I felt asleep.

That same morning (or afternoon, the same for me on those days) a facebook contact waked me up with a message, it reads: "¿Cómo te trata el destino?" a phrase on spanish meaning "How's life is going?", How's your destiny going? the curious part, is she used the word "destiny". No one in ages had asked me that...

So, a few days ago finally I had the time to actually finish the rework, and upload it to show you all the result and climax of the past weird weeks of night breakfast, snow on the monitors, midnight races on office chairs, olympic records, and other hard but great moments that I'll never forget.

The contest could be closed, but Destiny's Door is always open...

It is indeed too similar to the original, I decided to keep it that way because I love the original and think is just perfect, so I only gave it my own twist, the rework is heavily influenced by Solar Fields, M83, and Hammock. It lasts for less than 90 seconds as stated by the rules. Maybe I'll do a longer version later.

Hope you like the rework, maybe I can make a longer version later. :blink:

Contest

Original Song

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 05 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I, too, missed this contest. Never had the time to sit down and record for it anyway. Oh well. Nice work!

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 05 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

User is offline   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

Very nice approach. I was listening to TweakerRay renditions of this song lately (version 1 and 2) and liked the way you both turning the original song into the direction I like mostly. As you plan to rework it further I wish you could make the part from 00m:40s a bit deeper and more "stereo" as it makes pretty big contrast at the moment with the first half of the song.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 05 March 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

I, too, missed this contest. Never had the time to sit down and record for it anyway. Oh well. Nice work!

View PostRoma Loom, on 06 March 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

Very nice approach. I was listening to TweakerRay renditions of this song lately (version 1 and 2) and liked the way you both turning the original song into the direction I like mostly. As you plan to rework it further I wish you could make the part from 00m:40s a bit deeper and more "stereo" as it makes pretty big contrast at the moment with the first half of the song.

Glad you both liked it. Well Roma I made the mixdown without phones, I didn't noticed that, I think you are refering to panning and not to stereo imaging?

BTW is the story on the description correctly redacted? As a non-native english speaker, I can't tell if it has gramatical erros, etc.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 07 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options