Duke4.net Forums: Your Dream Game - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your Dream Game

User is offline   -Rhetro- 

So I have a question for everyone out there. Have you guys ever had a story and a game you have always wanted to make. You know had the idea for the character and the dynamics and all that. I am sure many of you that have never developed anything or modded anything have. I know I have.

So I figured maybe we could start a threat about what games we have always wanted to make.

I have always wanted to make a game centralized around a flawed character. A Landscape Construction worker who gets trapped across the city from his family when an alien invasion hits. The character and game dynamics would be unique in that there would have to be a lot of close combat and strategy around a character that would be very good with hand held weapons, especially rakes shovels and the like, and great at operating vehicles and equipment, but have limited use of guns throughout the story.

Basically it would start with a catastrophic event where you and your crew are trapped down south of the city in a valley golf course. As things start appearing out of the sky, you must fight his way to the other end of the city to save his family and find out what has gone on here. As the story progresses you learns of the causes behind this and so forth where humans where experimenting with bombs and weapons on planets and not telling the general public. This has caused an offensive by the alien race. As you find these things out, so too does the government become aware of your knowledge and as you are about to get to your family only then are they taken away. Only then do you realize that the humans in charge of this are the evil ones. This leads to you joining with others that have had their family taken in a journey to get your family back and somehow put a stop to the destruction going on on the planets and to try and bring peace once again to the world.

Just a rough outline but you get the idea.

Anyways feel free to let y our minds run wild on here of what you guys have always wanted to make. I have more ideas but this is the one I always wanted the most.

This post has been edited by -Rhetro-: 04 March 2014 - 12:37 AM

User is offline   HeadClot 

This is just a brief of my idea.

I have always wanted to make a game about large scale fantasy battles where players can control and customize their forces from a first person perspective.

Then have their forces fight other players in up to 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 battles.

Each player can lose by having their general killed.

When I say massive - I am saying 1000 units per side.

User is offline   Lunick 

Daedolon simulator.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Viper & Jimmy Simulator 2014

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostLunick, on 04 March 2014 - 01:14 AM, said:

Daedolon simulator.

I'm upvoting this to show how asinine I am, thus how amazing the game would be.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'd also say Daedolon simulator.

*waits for upvote*
*no upvote*
naaawwww

User is offline   ---- 

My dreamgame would be an upvote-simulator.

User is offline   Engel220 

Guys, guys, guys.....Lunick Simulator 2014. Gearbox, here I come!

• Honored Donor

View Postfuegerstef, on 04 March 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

My dreamgame would be an upvote-simulator.

Then what would be the point of posting on the forums Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

I really didn't mean to derail this thread...

I don't think I could ever have a dream game. If something was too perfect then I feel like I would get bored of it quickly and would turn to other games/

• Honored Donor

Whatever the game, it should have polished adaptive difficulty. That way it should always be fun and challenging. Plus it's always a relief when you'd die, and after a few more deaths from a save game, you suddenly find a health kit that wasn't there before, or something along those lines.

User is offline   Stabs 

system shock 3, i want shodan to treat me like a bitch all over again

oh you kids and your glados, you thought she was mean? lol

I play so many different types of games that I don't think I could narrow down an idea for an exciting 3D game. I did have one little project idea for a game, an 8-bit style RPG-type game in a land inspired by Doom Metal. I had many ideas for the game based on songs, bands and albums but not being creative with game designing software I just kept it to myself. I suppose that'd be a dream of mine to see my idea come to life, but not necessarily my absolute "dream game".

User is offline   Stabs 

I think games with the RPG sort of elements ruled because if you put the time into it you could become a demi-god, i hate how new gaming is always trying to balance things out so no matter how powerful you are you still feel piss weak, ahh the good ole days of overbalance because you put the hours into are gone, now the most you get is a shitty achievement, no new guns or abilitys or hidden weapons no no, they are just icons you light up.

This post has been edited by DanM: 04 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

My dream game was dating/school simulator mixed with rpg. Then I played Persona 3.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I've had a few ideas for games. Not stories but settings. One was a modern day world where Earth has no history. Which means that technology has been the way it is for countless millennia and there has been no real progress to anything. Items forgotten about years ago are conveniently "reinvented" for a new generation and the cycle repeats. Only very few are in the know about this and have carefully engineered the future of society to keep it from destroying itself from lack of hope and purpose. History books are elaborate works of fiction meant to give humanity hope and a goal that they're seemingly working towards, but nobody actually takes the steps towards it to improve. Everyone is caught in the rat race believing that someone else will make the advancements that they don't have time to do due to their busy lives surviving and trying to pay off debts.

The interesting angle for the story would be the protagonist discovering this somehow and unraveling the mystery of why there has been no progression or advancement in technology or society. Who wants to keep things as they are? If there is a person like that. Or why can't anybody take the initiative to change things? That notion fascinated me, but I'm no story teller so I couldn't really do it justice. Perhaps a gameplay mechanic could be in somehow designing and using new inventions of items that nobody has seen before. Something like Metroid where you're constantly improving your gear.

Another idea I had, but not nearly as thought out, would be that humanity is devolving rather than evolving. Some interesting questions about who possibly started this and why, whether it was by design or an accident, how it was kept secret and why (maybe someone wrongly, or rightly, believes its best for humanity), and who knows the truth. No idea what the gameplay would be like. Maybe an adventure game.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 04 March 2014 - 05:13 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 04 March 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

I've had a few ideas for games. Not stories but settings. One was a modern day world where Earth has no history. Which means that technology has been the way it is for countless millennia and there has been no real progress to anything. Items forgotten about years ago are conveniently "reinvented" for a new generation and the cycle repeats. Only very few are in the know about this and have carefully engineered the future of society to keep it from destroying itself from lack of hope and purpose. History books are elaborate works of fiction meant to give humanity hope and a goal that they're seemingly working towards, but nobody actually takes the steps towards it to improve. Everyone is caught in the rat race believing that someone else will make the advancements that they don't have time to do due to their busy lives surviving and trying to pay off debts.

The interesting angle for the story would be the protagonist discovering this somehow and unraveling the mystery of why there has been no progression or advancement in technology or society. Who wants to keep things as they are? If there is a person like that. Or why can't anybody take the initiative to change things? That notion fascinated me, but I'm no story teller so I couldn't really do it justice. Perhaps a gameplay mechanic could be in somehow designing and using new inventions of items that nobody has seen before. Something like Metroid where you're constantly improving your gear.

Another idea I had, but not nearly as thought out, would be that humanity is devolving rather than evolving. Some interesting questions about who possibly started this and why, whether it was by design or an accident, how it was kept secret and why (maybe someone wrongly, or rightly, believes its best for humanity), and who knows the truth. No idea what the gameplay would be like. Maybe an adventure game.

Those are some some interesting plotlines, mate. In the right hands those could lead to a damn good game.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Resurrect Leslie Neilsen and put him in a LA Noire type game.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 04 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

• Ancient Blood God

My dream game was already made.

User is offline   Juras 

I have one dream - Duke Nukem 3D running on dedicated servers.

View PostDaedolon, on 05 March 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

My dream game was already made.

My thoughts as well.
And I've already got the collection to honor my dream game...
Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostThe Commander, on 04 March 2014 - 01:16 AM, said:

Viper & Jimmy Simulator 2014

It'll just be long distance phone calls about sucking dicks and fart jokes.

User is offline   Night Wolf 

This

Posted Image

I want to shoot virtual lasers from my fingers

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Escape From Tijuana

the player either has to get across the U.S. border or make it to Mexico City

collect illegal fireworks as weapons
keep the locals from stealing your hubcaps or stuffing your car seats with horse manure
collect money to buy gas for your car by completing tasks at strip clubs (catch grapes in your mouth that are shot out of the vagina of a dancer. instead of a mechanical bull stay on the donkey for eight seconds at one of "those kind of shows")
bribe the federales
buy chiclets and oranges for health/food from street urchins

This post has been edited by Forge: 06 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

That'd be a great Duke3D mod.

• Ancient Blood God

holy shit im drunk

This post has been edited by Daedolon: 06 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostDaedolon, on 06 March 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

holy shit im drunk

that's my favorite game

User is offline   -Rhetro- 

View PostForge, on 06 March 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

that's my favorite game

Booze simulator 2014

Not worried about this sorta thing since I'm on my way to making the games I want to see. But to put it mildly, I just want more Metal Slug 3 progression and Gradius shootin' fun.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Can you have sex with the tank in your Metal Slug game?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options