Duke4.net Forums: Getting a new HDTV - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Getting a new HDTV

Sooner or later. I'm gonna have to replace this Samsung 32' inch Model No: LN32B360C5DXZA. The HDMI connectors of my TV is starting to become loosey. Thinking about getting a bigger 1080 LED HDTV in the future. Any brands that are best like, Samsung, Sony, LG, Vizio, Panasonic, etc.. at an affordable price?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostDustFalcon85, on 22 February 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

Sooner or later. I'm gonna have to replace this Samsung 32' inch Model No: LN32B360C5DXZA. The HDMI connectors of my TV is starting to become loosey. Thinking about getting a bigger 1080 LED HDTV in the future. Any brands that are best like, Samsung, Sony, LG, Vizio, Panasonic, etc.. at an affordable price?
Check out Toshiba. That's what I have and what I recommended to my dad to save €1000,- compared to the Samsung he was about to buy.
General personal opinions:
- avoid reflecting displays
- image quality rules, all 'smart' features are rubbish, a hassle to operate, soon outdated, and will probably spy on you
- flat TV's can't have good speakers, so use your stereo equipment for sound output

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I would suggest Insignia, Samsung and Toshiba. From my experience they have better screens and build quality.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I've had good luck with LG too.

User is offline   faked 

I just bought my LG 50 inch tv 2 weeks ago.Love it!

I didn't know alternate accounts could buy TV's.

User is offline   faked 

??????

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Viper, there is no evidence that grouchbag is an alt account. The IPs from which she first registered the account and from which she currently posts both 1) are not shared by any other user and 2) come from myfairpoint.net and Charter ISP respectively, which makes a proxy unlikely.

grouchbag, don't mind him.

User is offline   faked 

View PostHendricks266, on 22 February 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

Viper, there is no evidence that grouchbag is an alt account. The IPs from which she first registered the account and from which she currently posts both 1) are not shared by any other user and 2) come from myfairpoint.net and Charter ISP respectively, which makes a proxy unlikely.

grouchbag, don't mind him.

Thank you,Hendricks.And don't worry,I won't mind him.Have a good one!

Thinking a/b getting an 39" or a 42" inch LG LED TV.

http://www.amazon.co...&keywords=LG+TV

Go or no?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 11 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

User is offline   faked 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 11 May 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Thinking a/b getting an 39" or a 42" inch LG LED TV.

http://www.amazon.co...&keywords=LG+TV

Go or no?

Don't know if it would be a go or no,but it IS neat.My 50 in. LG is a plasma,and the main reason I bought it was so I could see it.I have bad eyesight.But whatever you choose,I hope you enjoy it,and good luck. :)

I'm trying to find and HDTV that'll have a clearer picture while playing the Nintendo 64. It looks pixelated and grainy while playing any game on the console. This pic demonstrates how grainy the picture is when you notice the cross-hair is on Goldeneye.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this or the N64 is for CRT's only?

EDIT: This is on AV.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: IMG_0706.JPG

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 13 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

Ouch, that looks bad... I don't know if you can make it look better because the N64 ran at quite low resolutions and flat TVs and monitors are bad at upscaling lowres graphics.

If that TV has S-Video, there's your solution. Composite video produces really bad artifacts on LCD TV's. Some are worse than others. The 32" Sylvania I have from 2008 does a really good job with 240i content. I've noticed newer TV's generally don't offer very good quality with old shit.

Or you could do what I did, and grab a used Sony Trinitron.

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 14 May 2014 - 04:07 AM

Will this converter & scaler work for my N64 on HDTV's?

http://www.amazon.co...verter%20Scaler

I can't really say, I'd ask around retro gaming forums and find one that's good quality.

Anyone fans of Plasma TV's? RIP Plasma TVs: http://money.cnn.com...River&hpt=hp_t4

Anyways. While I was at eastern Kentucky. I picked up two CRT TVs. The downside is that they don't have AV ports. That means I have no choice but to use RF. You know the drill. Keep screwing the cable in! #JustLikeOldTimes

FUCK. I was always a plasma guy. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, looks better than plasma.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

I used to have a 50" Hitachi plasma (1080i) but it left along with the livingroom set and an ex gf in 2009, lol

apparently organic LED Ultra high definition 4k (UHD) tv's will be the norm soon. The major manufacturers are ditching plasma for now as people want "thinner" tv's and whatnot.
Plasma does offer a very good picture(deep blacks) and high fps capability.

I don't really care much about tv anymore as evidenced by the cheap 37" 1080p led "Proscan" tv I have now. The picture is surprisingly decent, sound seriously sucks but it has a 5ms gtg and was only alittle over 300 bucks a few years ago. I do the off grid solar thing now so it's nice that it only uses about 60watts, the toshiba bluray player I have only uses about 15 watts.

For my computer at the moment I use a 19" dell lcd monitor that uses about 40 watts. My 24" Acer 2ms 1920x1200 lcd monitor just sits there doing nothing as it uses about 100watts to run.

I had a 60" sony DLP tv for awhile, that thing was massive in every way, lol but it died a blue pixelated death.

A/V input sucks for just about anything anymore.

and those are my thoughts about this for the moment :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options