Duke4.net Forums: Pre-Order Wolfenstein The New Order for access to DOOM beta - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pre-Order Wolfenstein The New Order for access to DOOM beta

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I know it's going to be crap, but I'm still excited.

That panzerhund edition looks sweet.. but really. No game?

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 07 June 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

So was there a Doom beta at all? Or is it not finished yet?

Isn't a Beta "not finished" to begin with.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Technically, a "beta" is more finished than an "alpha".

User is offline   Player Lin 

Seriously, I don't even think "release" is finished at all, more like a full version of beta... ^_^

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 09 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

So I replayed the game a second time right off the bat, this time using the other timeline (but I skipped all cutscenes though so I didn't feel the difference that much)

I really enjoyed the game but now that I know it and also that I've got many upgrades, I feel how limited the game is. This time I played on the hardest difficulty, but even then it was still too easy all the way through. Once you've played the game once and once you've upgraded at least half of your stuff; everything becomes a breeze, even on hardest difficulty.

This really is the limit of such a modern FPS, it really isn't aiming at long time fun, play it twice and you've mastered the game; and the skill/learning gap is very low.
This being said, 26hours of playthrough and I was satisfied. I had a lot of fun, especially with dual weilding. It's a shame that you can only dual weild 2 of the same weapon though, in the Necrovision games you can dual weild anything with anything and that's tons of fun. Dual weild rocket launcher on big robots, or shotgun on a wave of normal soldiers, was tons of fun though.

The only thing that is pissing me off is that, I swear I looked EVERYWHERE especially on this 2nd playthrough, and I'm still missing 4 pieces of gold, 1 letter and 5 enigma codes. Goddamn those must be really well hidden, actually I had a look at one of them on gamefaqs and it was hidden in such a way I would have NEVER found it by myself : you have to flush one of the toilets at the camp, only after talking to a woman, and you get a piece of gold. The thing is, you've already been in the camp twice before that and back then flushing the toilets did NOTHING so there is no way you'd try that again especially considering that the girl tells you her stuff was lost ON HER WAY to the camp; and do get to visit the surroundings of the camp in that chapter; so with any logic you'd think it'd be hidden there but nope. That really was the meanest hidden shit I've ever seen, the clue even misleads you into thinking it's somewhere else; so I guess I might as well give up for the other hidden stuff I've missed.

I don't even get this ENIGMA CODE thing. I've found all those for the 4th code; but even then it's 18 numbers and there is no clue or anything to find those numbers? I don't get it... I tried registering the codes I saw on gamefaqs but they didn't even work (perhaps they're different on the PC version...)

Edit : 2 more things.

I take back what I said about the underwater level being too long. That's because I was swimming almost the way through, on my first play I hadn't realize that you can continue with the vehicule until the moment you make the water go up and reach the other platform; near the start I didn't see that you could break the chain and let the vehicule go through. It's cool that they made the level playable WITHOUT the vehicule though.

If you play the game for the first time, save Fergus. Trust me.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 09 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

I just noticed that Steam automatically downloaded a 34mb update of Wolfenstein: The New Order; it's probably just some bug fixes but I can't find info anywhere about the update. Any idea ?

No idea, I was wondering what that was about too.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options