Duke4.net Forums: A Useful Suggestion - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Useful Suggestion

I think their should be a daily post limit of like 5-10 posts per day so that the raging hard-ons of the local action junkies will finally subside and they can think rationally again. just a thought.

User is offline   Lunick 

Daily post limit? Uh no...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

GTFO fascist.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

lol, what the fuck

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostColon Semicolon, on 06 February 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

I think their should be a daily post limit of like 5-10 posts per day so that the raging hard-ons of the local action junkies will finally subside and they can think rationally again. just a thought.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

a daily post limit of like 5-10 posts per day

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I'd say a big

NO

I call that idea oppressing freedom of speech / post and that would surely kill the forums.

Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Ronin 

Who are you talking about? Explain yourself.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Oh boy, did you just ask an autist to explain themself? Do you realize the magnitude of the can of worms you just opened?

View PostELFDICK, on 07 February 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Oh boy, did you just ask an autist to explain themself? Do you realize the magnitude of the can of worms you just opened?

'Hi I'm a gay baby and I like to use buzzwords to make myself seem edgy because I can't understand differing opinions'
Is that what you meant? I'm just gonna assume that's what you meant.

maybe you dorks would think a bit more about the information you post and try to word things more eloquently and not just slam the post button after copy-pasting a shitty image macro or quote from wikipedia.

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 07 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

• Weaponized Autism

A post limit would be an ineffective solution to an imaginary problem.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostColon Semicolon, on 07 February 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

'Hi I'm a gay baby and I like to use buzzwords to make myself seem edgy because I can't understand differing opinions'

That is offensive. Hey, X-Vector, tell this guy about how he is publicly shaming homosexuals and therefor promoting patriarchy. He's a 26 year old white male, it's like he thinks his opinions even matter!

maybe you dorks would think a bit more about the information you post and try to word things more eloquently and not just slam the post button after copy-pasting a shitty image macro or quote from wikipedia.

"I think their should be"

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

We don't want anyone to have a real life. I think a post limit would just be a bad idea...I mean, what are people supposed to do? Outside is scary, books are boring, and having a job sucks.

User is offline   Sangman 

I get what you're saying but enabling a post limit seems hardly constructive and like Hendricks is suggesting the endless offtopic image spam does not seem to be widely perceived as a problem.

So basically I guess the message is that if you don't like what's being posted on the forums here you're always free to stop browsing them and post elsewhere. The Duke/Gaming subforums seem to be more serious mostly.

This post has been edited by Sangman: 07 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

View PostELFDICK, on 07 February 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

That is offensive. Hey, X-Vector, tell this guy about how he is publicly shaming homosexuals and therefor promoting patriarchy. He's a 26 year old white male, it's like he thinks his opinions even matter!

Citation needed, check your privilege tumblr.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

The term "image macro" originated on forum websites including that of Something Awful.[2] The name derived from the fact that the 'macros' were a short bit of text a user could enter that the forum software would automatically parse and expand into the code for a pre-defined image,[2] relating to the computer science topic of a macro, defined as "a rule or pattern that specifies how a certain input sequence (often a sequence of characters) should be mapped to an output sequence (also often a sequence of characters) according to a defined procedure."

Beginning in 2007, lolcats and similar image macros (a form of Internet phenomena) spread beyond the initial communities who created them and became widely popular.

source:
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Image_macro

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

You are assuming that a post limit would increase the quality of messages, and that's false. There are users who can make several good posts a day, and others who post fewer times and their messages are full of shit (like you).

This post has been edited by Fox: 07 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

User is offline   Forge 

i have no issues with spamming the crap out of this thread
i feel lied to and misled anyway since the topic is titled A Useful Suggestion

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Good idea.

Baked rhubarb and orange cheesecake recipe
By Debbie Major

Serves 12-16
Takes 40 minutes to make, 2 hours and 15 minutes to cook, plus overnight chilling

This baked cheesecake recipe combines classic British favourite rhubarb with fresh, juicy orange.

Posted Image

Ingredients

800g rhubarb (untrimmed weight)
1 large orange
250g caster sugar
FOR THE BASE
75g unsalted butter
200g digestive biscuits, crushed
2 tbsp demerara sugar
FOR TOPPING
Butter for greasing
900g full-fat cream cheese, such as Philadelphia
250g caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp
3 tbsp plain flour
Pinch of salt
Grated zest of 1 small orange, plus 1 tbsp orange juice
3 large free-range eggs, plus 1 large egg yolk
400ml soured cream
2 tsp lemon juice

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 110°C/fan 90°C/gas ¼. Wipe the rhubarb stalks clean, trim off the ends and cut the stalks into 5cm pieces. Peel 3 wide strips of zest from the orange and cut them into fine slivers (like pine needles). Halve the orange, then squeeze out and reserve the orange juice.

2. Spread the rhubarb over the base of a large roasting tin and scatter over the orange zest, sugar and orange juice. Cover the tin tightly with foil and bake for 1½ hours. Meanwhile, remove the cream cheese from the fridge and leave it to come to room temperature.

3. Remove the rhubarb from the oven, uncover and carefully lift the pieces onto a baking tray with a fish slice. Leave, slightly raised at one end, to cool and drain. Strain the cooking juices from the roasting tin into a small pan and set aside.

4. Increase the oven temperature to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line the base of a 23-24cm springform cake tin with baking paper. For the base, melt the butter in a medium pan, then stir in the crushed biscuits and demerara sugar. Spoon into the tin and press onto the base (not up the sides) in a thin, even layer. Bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes, then remove and leave to cool. Increase the oven temperature to 240°C/fan 220°C/gas 9.

5. For the topping, grease the sides of the tin with a little butter. Scoop the cream cheese into a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand-held electric mixer for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Beat in the 250g caster sugar, flour, salt, orange zest and juice, followed by the eggs, one at a time, then the yolk. Stir in 200ml soured cream.

6. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the tin, bake for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 110°C/fan 90°C/gas ¼ and bake for a further 30-35 minutes until just set but still quite wobbly in the centre. Turn off the oven, open the door slightly and leave the cheesecake inside to cool.

7. When the cheesecake has cooled, set it aside and preheat the oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/gas 2. Mix the rest of the soured cream with the remaining 1 tbsp sugar and the lemon juice. Arrange most of the drained rhubarb in a single layer over the top of the cheesecake. Spread the soured cream mixture over the top of the rhubarb, then return the cheesecake to the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and leave to cool once more, then cover loosely and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight. Add the juices from the baking tray to the rhubarb cooking juices in the small pan and boil rapidly for 5-6 minutes until slightly reduced and syrupy. Leave to cool, then pour into a small jug and chill alongside the cheesecake.

8. To serve, run a round-bladed knife around the sides of the tin to release the cheesecake, then carefully remove it from the tin. Drizzle over a little of the syrup, then serve cut into wedges with the remaining rhubarb and a little of the syrup spooned around.

Nutritional info
PER SERVING (BASED ON 16) 564kcals, 39.9g fat (23.9g saturated), 5.9g protein, 48.7g carbs, 37.8g sugar, 0.8g salt

Baked gooseberry, ginger and creme fraiche cheesecake recipe
By Debbie Major

Serves 8-10
Takes 11/4 hours to make, 11/4 hours to bake, plus cooling and at least 4 hours’ chilling

This baked gooseberry cheesecake will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. It’s also very nice flavoured with vanilla extract, lemon or orange zest. Simply add it to the filling mixture after you’ve added the ginger cordial and continue with the recipe.

Posted Image

Ingredients
Butter, for greasing
500g full-fat cream cheese
225g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
2 tbsp cornflour
5 tbsp ginger cordial
350g gooseberries, topped and tailed
200g tub crème fraîche

For the base
75g butter
100g ginger snap biscuits
100g digestive biscuits
2 tbsp demerara sugar

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/fan130°C/gas 2. Lightly grease and base line a 23cm springform tin with baking paper.

2. Make the base. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Put all the biscuits into a plastic bag and, using a rolling pin, crush until they are fine crumbs. Alternatively, you can whizz them in a food processor. Tip into the pan with the melted butter, add the demerara sugar and mix together well. Using the back of a spoon, press evenly into the base of the tin. Set aside.

3. Beat the cream cheese and 150g caster sugar together in a bowl until smooth. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, followed by the cornflour and 3 tablespoons ginger cordial. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the oven for about 55 minutes, until set with just the slightest hint of a wobble in the centre. Turn off the oven and leave to cool inside – this is what prevents a baked cheesecake from cracking.

4. Meanwhile, put the gooseberries, 25g caster sugar and the remaining ginger cordial into a small saucepan and bring
to a simmer. Cook gently for 5 minutes until they are just soft but still holding their shape. Tip into a sieve set over a bowl and leave to drain. Tip the syrup back into the pan and boil rapidly until reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Tip the gooseberries into the bowl and stir in the syrup. Leave to cool.

5. When the cheesecake has cooled (it doesn’t need to be completely cold), remove it from the oven. Re-set the oven temperature to 150°C/fan130°C/gas 2. Spread the cooked gooseberries evenly over the top of the cheesecake. Mix the crème fraîche with the remaining 50g caster sugar and spread over the top of the gooseberries to cover completely. Return the cheesecake to the oven and cook for a further

15-20 minutes. Again, turn off the oven and leave it to go cold inside. Cover with cling film, then transfer to the fridge for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight, until the crème fraîche has set.

6. Just before serving, carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin and transfer it to a serving plate or board.

Nutritional info
Per serving (based on 10): 606kcals, 43.8g fat (26.5g saturated), 5.8g protein, 50.6g carbs, 39.8g sugar, 0.8g salt

Chef's tip
This baked gooseberry cheesecake will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.

Rhubarb and lemon baked cheesecake recipe
By Lucy Williams

Serves 10-12
Takes 45 minutes to make, 1 hour 5 minutes to cook, plus cooling and chilling

This show-stopping dessert will impress even the most discerning sweet tooth. The tart rhubarb curd rippled through creamy lemon baked cheesecake looks and tastes absolutely gorgeous.
Posted Image

Ingredients
100g mascarpone
600g full-fat cream cheese
150g golden caster sugar
Grated zest of 2 lemons
2 tbsp plain flour
3 medium free-range eggs and 2 yolks, beaten
100g soured cream
for the rhubarb curd
360g trimmed rhubarb, cut into 2cm pieces
50g golden caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp extra to taste
2 tbsp grenadine
2 tbsp cornflour
2 medium free-range egg yolks
50g unsalted butter, melted
for the base
60g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
200g digestive biscuits

Method

1. To make the rhubarb curd, mix the rhubarb, the 50g golden caster sugar and grenadine in a pan. Heat gently for about 12 minutes or until the rhubarb starts to break down. Remove and purée in a food processor, then return to the pan. Mix the cornflour with a little of the rhubarb purée from the pan to make a paste, then return to the pan, bring to the boil and bubble for a minute. Taste and, if it’s too tart, add 1 tbsp more sugar. In a bowl, whisk the yolks with the butter and rhubarb mixture. Cover and cool completely.

2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. To make the base, butter a 22cm x 9cm deep, loose-bottomed sandwich tin and line the base with a circle of baking paper. Drop the digestives into a sealable freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin to fine crumbs. Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the crushed biscuits. Stir until well coated, then spoon over the base of the prepared sandwich tin, pressing down to ensure a firm, even layer. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.

3. To make the cheesecake mixture, beat the mascarpone and cream cheese for 2 minutes with an electric hand mixer until really smooth. Add the sugar and continue to whisk for a couple of minutes more. Beat in the lemon zest and flour, followed by the beaten eggs, a little at a time, then fold through the soured cream.

4. Spoon layers of the cheesecake mixture and rhubarb curd into the tin and ripple the top with a wooden skewer. Bake for 50 minutes until golden with a slight wobble. Turn off the oven and leave inside to cool completely (see tip). Carefully remove from the tin to a serving plate.

Nutritional info

PER SERVING (BASED ON 12) 550kcals, 43g fat (25.6g saturated), 6.6g protein, 32.1g carbs ?(21.6g sugars), 21.6g salt, 0.7g fibre

Chef's tip
Leaving the cheesecake in the turned-off oven will allow it to cool more slowly ?and should therefore stop the surface from cracking.

Orange double chocolate cheesecakes recipe
By Debbie Major

Makes 6
Takes 15 minutes to make, plus 11/2-2 hours’ chilling

This easy recipe for orange chocolate cheesecakes has magical properties - make the cakes, pop them in a tin and watch them disappear!
Posted Image

Ingredients
25g butter
40g orange-flavoured plain chocolate
125g digestive biscuits, crushed
150g good white chocolate
250g tub mascarpone
Finely grated zest of 1 orange, plus 1 tsp orange juice
142ml carton double cream
3 tbsp good strawberry jam, warmed and sieved
100g summer fruits (cherries, strawberries, redcurrants, raspberries or peaches)

Method

1. Line a 6-hole muffin tin with muffin cases. Put the butter and plain chocolate into a pan and heat gently until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and press down lightly with the back of a teaspoon to make even layers. Chill.

2. Break the white chocolate into a heatproof bowl and rest over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and stir until melted. Cool slightly.

3. In a separate bowl, beat the mascarpone with the orange zest, until softened. In another bowl, whip the cream into soft peaks. Mix the white chocolate into the mascarpone, then gently fold in the cream. Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases and chill for 11/2-2 hours or until just firm.

4. To serve, carefully peel the muffin cases away from the cheesecakes and transfer to a plate. Mix the orange juice into the jam. Decorate the cheesecakes with the summer fruits and drizzle with a little of the warmed jam glaze.

Italian baked almond cheesecake recipe
By Silvana Franco

Serves 8
Takes 15 minutes to make, 45 minutes to bake, plus 1 hour’s chilling

A classic baked cheesecake recipe that's a perfect pud for entertaining. Add fresh raspberries or blueberries for a fruity version.
Posted Image

Ingredients
200g amaretti biscuits, crushed
1 vanilla pod, split lengthways and seeds scraped
500g ricotta
125g golden caster sugar
250g tub mascarpone
100g ground almonds
2 tbsp cornflour
3 large, free-range eggs
Grated zest of 1 lemon
Handful flaked almonds
Icing sugar, for dusting

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the crushed biscuits into a large bowl, pour over the melted butter and mix well.

2. Pour the crumb mixture into the base of a 20cm non-stick springform cake tin, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, put the vanilla seeds into a large mixing bowl. Add the ricotta, sugar, mascarpone, almonds, cornflour, eggs and lemon zest and beat with an electric hand whisk until smooth. Pour into the prepared tin and scatter with the flaked almonds.

4. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes until golden – it may feel a little wobbly, but it will set as it cools. Turn off the oven, open the door and leave the cheesecake inside until completely cool. Chill for a further hour or more before dusting with icing sugar and serving with fresh cream, if you like.

Nutritional info
Per serving: 599kcals, 42.1g fat (18.2g saturated), 16.4g protein, 24.3g carbs, 32.3g sugar, 0.3g salt

Chef's tip
Add fresh raspberries or blueberries for a fruity version.

Wine Recommendation
Ideally, a glass of the fine, classic Italian sweet wine Vin Santo would be wonderful, or try a sip of amber, perfumed Italian Marsala instead.

Strawberry Cheesecake recipe
By Tesco

Serves 6
Ready in 3 hours 35 minutes

These low calorie cheesecakes are surprisingly simple and a great way to impress dinner party guests.
Posted Image

Ingredients
100g (3½oz) reduced fat digestive biscuits
50g (2oz) reduced fat butter
5 sheets leaf gelatine
450g (14½oz) strawberries, hulled
300g (10oz) light cream cheese
300g (10oz) fat-free Greek yogurt
3tbsp caster sugar
A few drops vanilla essence
1tsp icing sugar

Method

1. For the biscuit base, crush the biscuits in a plastic bag to make fine crumbs.

2. Melt butter in a small pan and stir in the biscuits. Divide between 6 individual silicone cake moulds or cupcake cases and pack down with the end of a rolling pin. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set (put the moulds on a tray so they are easy to move around).

3. Place gelatine in a small pan with 4 tbsps of water. Soak for 10 minutes until softened, then heat very gently until melted. Do not boil. Remove from heat.

4. Put 150g (5oz) strawberries in a food processor or liquidiser with the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. With the machine running, pour on the gelatine in a thin stream until smooth.

5. Pour over biscuit mix and set for 3 hours in the fridge.

6. Make the strawberry sauce by blending another 150g (5oz) of strawberries in a clean food processor or liquidiser with the icing sugar. Blend until smooth. If liked the sauce can be boiled to reduce it and make it jammier in texture.

7. To turn out, run a knife around the inside of each mould and invert onto a tray, peeling off moulds. Top with halved strawberries and coulis.

Nutritional info
Nutritional info (per serving): 285kcals, 13g fat (7.5g saturated), 0.8g salt

Chef's tip
The dish is part of a paid for advertorial by Tesco. See more Tesco recipes on delicious. or visit .

Speedy passion fruit cheesecake recipe
By Lizzie Kamenetzky

Serves 6
Takes 10 minutes to make, plus chilling

Try this classic cheesecake with added tempting passion fruit.
Posted Image

Ingredients
150g ginger shortbread biscuits
40g melted butter
1 tbsp caster sugar
300g cream cheese
200ml double cream
3 tbsp icing sugar
6 passion fruits

Method

1. Crumble 150g ginger shortbread biscuits and mix with 40g melted butter and 1 tbsp caster sugar in a bowl. Spoon into 6 tumblers or bowls and chill in the fridge to firm up.

2. In a bowl, mix 300g cream cheese with 200ml double cream, whipped, 3 tbsp icing sugar and the pulp from 6 passion fruit, reserving a little to decorate.

3. Spoon on top of the biscuit base and decorate with the reserved passion fruit pulp. Chill until ready to serve.

Mojito cheesecake recipe
By Angela Boggiano

Serves 6
Takes 20 minutes to make, plus chilling

These have all the flavours of the classic cocktail: rum, lime, sugar and mint. Deliciously creamy but sharp and light at the same time.
Posted Image

Ingredients
150g thin almond biscuits
25g butter, melted
4 limes
100g light muscovado sugar
4 tbsp rum
Large handful of fresh mint leaves, plus extra to decorate
400g cottage cheese
250g tub mascarpone
150ml whipping cream

Method

1. Break up the almond biscuits: put them in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin (or pulse in a food processor until finely crushed).

2. Stir in the melted butter until combined. Spoon the mixture into 6 glasses, pressing down well. Chill while you make the filling.

3. Finely grate the zest and squeeze the juice from 3 limes. Heat the sugar and 5 tablespoons of water in a s mall saucepan, stirring until dissolved. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes without stirring. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and zest, rum and mint and set aside to cool.

4. Press the cottage cheese through a sieve into a bowl, then beat the mascarpone (or put in a food processor with the mascarpone and whizz until smooth).

5. Strain the lime and mint syrup through a sieve onto the cheese mixture and beat well until smooth and creamy. Spoon on to the biscuit base and chill for at least 1 hour.

6. When ready to serve, beat the whipping cream until thick and put a spoonful on each cheesecake. Slice the remaining lime into thin rounds and the rest in the blobs of cream. Decorate with the extra mint sprigs.

Nutritional info
Per serving: 535 kcals, 32.4g of fat (12g saturated), 14.6g protein, 39.9g carbs, 31.1g sugar, 1.3g salt.

Chocolate and raspberry cheesecake pots recipe
By Lucy Jessop

Serves 4
Ready in 10 minutes

If you're looking for a very quick and easy chocolate dessert you've found it.
Posted Image

Ingredients
200g full-fat soft cheese
1½ tsp vanilla bean paste (we like Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste, from Waitrose)
3-4 tbsp icing sugar, to taste
200ml double cream
200g fresh raspberries
½ x 220g pack Bonne Maman Le Petit Chocolate (4 cakes; from major supermarkets)
25g hazelnuts, toasted and chopped

Method

1. In a bowl, beat the cheese with the vanilla paste and icing sugar using a hand-held electric mixer. Beat in the cream until smooth and thick, then stir in the raspberries, reserving some to top the pots.

2. Cut the Bonne Maman chocolate cakes into quarters and divide the pieces equally among 4 tumblers or dessert glasses. Top each with a spoonful of the raspberry cream cheese, then sprinkle with the toasted, chopped hazelnuts and the reserved raspberries.

3. Place the glasses in the fridge to chill until ready to serve.

Nutritional info
Per serving: 689kcals, 61.8g fat (35.5g saturated), 3.9g protein, 29.1g carbs, 22.6g sugar, 0.4g salt

The perfect cheesecake recipe recipe
By Silvana Franco

Serves 12
Takes 10 minutes to make, 45-60 minutes to cook, plus chilling

We adore this wonderfully luxurious cheesecake recipe. The richness is lifted by pockets of blueberry juiciness.
Posted Image

Ingredients
50g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
200g stem ginger biscuits, crushed
1 vanilla pod
400g mascarpone
350g cream cheese
125g caster sugar
2 tbsp cornflour
3 free-range eggs
Grated zest of 1 small orange
300g blueberries

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease a deep, 24cm non-stick springform cake tin with butter. Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and spoon into the tin. Pat down evenly and firmly with the back of a metal spoon to form the base. Chill for 10 minutes.

2. Split the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a small knife (keep the pod for making vanilla sugar). Put the seeds in a large bowl with the mascarpone, cream cheese, caster sugar, cornflour, eggs and orange zest. Using an electric whisk, beat until well blended.

3. Stir all but a handful of the blueberries into the mixture and pour it into the tin. Put the tin on a baking sheet, then scatter over the remaining blueberries, pushing them into the mixture. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden brown and almost set – it will still be a little wobbly in the centre but will firm up as it cools. Open the oven door, but leave the cheesecake to cool inside the oven before removing it from the tin. Chill, covered, for a few hours or overnight, then serve.

Nutritional info

Per serving: 458kcals, 35.2g fat (22.4g saturated), 5.9g protein, 28.1g carbs (18.5g sugars), 0.6g salt, trace fibre

Chef's tip
This cheesecake benefits from a night in the fridge, so make it a day ahead if possible. Serve with a drizzle of single cream.

New York cheesecake recipe
By delicious. team

Serves 10-12.
Takes 20 minutes to make, 1 hour to cook, plus chilling

This baked cheesecake is classic dessert. Cook it the day before to give it time to set.
Posted Image

Ingredients
For the base
200g digestive biscuits
25g golden caster sugar
1 tsp sea salt
75g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
For the filling
600g full-fat Philadelphia cream cheese at room temperature
200g golden caster sugar
300ml tub soured cream
3 large free-range eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g plain flour, sifted

Method

1. To make the base, whizz the biscuits in a food processor to fine crumbs, or put them in a sealed plastic food bag wrapped in a tea towel and crush with a rolling pin. Tip into a medium bowl and mix with the 25g sugar, the salt and melted butter. Press the mixture evenly into a greased 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin, then chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.

2. To make the filling, mix the cream cheese, sugar and 200ml of the soured cream together in a medium bowl until smooth – don’t overbeat. Gently beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla. Fold in the flour to form a smooth batter.

3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Remove the tin from the fridge and spoon the filling over the base. Put the tin on a baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes until the top is golden, set at the edges but just wobbly in the middle. Leave to cool completely in the tin. When cool, transfer to the fridge to set for at least 3 hours or overnight.

4. To serve, spread the remaining soured cream over the cheesecake.

Nutritional info
PER SERVING (based on 12) 522kcals, 40.6g fat (24g saturated), 6g protein, 33g carbs (22.1g sugars), 2g salt, 0.2g fibre

Chef's tip
Make the base, then fill and cook it the day before serving to give it time to set. Top with the soured cream the next day.

Baked yogurt cheesecake recipe
By Debbie Major

Serves 8
Takes 25 minutes to make, 45 minutes to cook, plus overnight straining and cooling

Cheesecakes aren't usually considered a healthy dessert, but this Greek baked yogurt version is lower in calories and fat than most others.
Posted Image

Ingredients
500g 1.5-per-cent-fat cottage cheese
500ml fat-free Greek yogurt
4 tbsp runny honey, plus 8 tsp for drizzling
1 large free-range egg
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp vanilla extract
40g toasted walnut pieces, roughly chopped

For the base
50g reduced-fat wheatmeal biscuits, crushed
50g Grape-Nuts
½ tsp ground cinnamon
30g extra-light low-fat spread, melted

Method

1. For the cheesecake filling, put the cottage cheese into a food processor and blend until smooth. Stir in the yogurt and spoon the mixture into a muslin-lined sieve set over a bowl. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for 24 hours to drain away the excess liquid.

2. Next day, preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3. For the base, mix all the ingredients together and press into a lightly greased 18cm round loose-bottomed tin. Set aside.

3. Tip the yogurt mixture into a clean bowl, discarding the liquid. Beat in the honey, egg, cornflour and vanilla. Pour onto the base and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes until the edges are set but the centre is still slightly wobbly. Turn off the oven, leave the door ajar and allow the cheesecake to cool inside.

4. Carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin. Sprinkle with the toasted walnuts, drizzle with honey, cut into wedges, then serve.

Nutritional info
Per serving: 248kcals, 9.1g fat (2.8g saturated), 16.9g protein, 25.4g carbs, 11.8g sugar, 0.7g salt

Chef's tip
Certain cultures in yogurt may also help to boost immunity and keep the digestive system healthy by increasing helpful bacteria in the gut.

Baileys and chocolate cheesecake recipe
By delicious. team

Serves 10-12
Takes 45 minutes to make, plus chilling

This extravagant cheesecake is best made the day before serving.
Posted Image

Ingredients
100g digestive biscuits
100g Hobnob biscuits
100g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
125g dark chocolate, broken
into pieces
750g cream cheese
300ml double cream
100g icing sugar
75ml Baileys cream liqueur
Cocoa powder to dust

Method

1. Put the biscuits in a plastic bag, then crush with a rolling pin. Melt the butter and 50g chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (don’t allow the water to touch the bowl), then stir in the crushed biscuits.

2. Grease the base of a 23cm spring-form cake tin, with the side ring unclasped. Line the base with baking paper, allowing the paper to hang outside the edge of the base. Fasten the clasp of the tin so that the paper hangs outside the clipped base (you will need this for leverage later on) and grease the sides liberally. Press the biscuit crumbs into the base and chill until needed.

3. Put the cream cheese in a bowl and beat with a spatula. In a clean bowl, lightly whip the cream with the icing sugar, then add to the softened cream cheese, beating until smooth. Add the Baileys and stir well. (Don’t chill at this point.)

4. Put the remaining chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and melt. Set aside to cool to room temperature.

5. Remove the base from the fridge. Dollop the cheesecake mixture on top and smooth with a palette knife. Drizzle over the melted chocolate, swirling it with a skewer.

6. Chill for at least 2 hours. To serve, release the cheesecake by running a hot knife around the inside of the tin before unclipping, then use the paper to lift the cake out of the tin and slide onto a serving plate. Peel off the paper and dust with cocoa powder.

Nutritional info
Per serving (based on 12): 648kcals, 57.7g fat (35.5g saturated), 4.1g protein, 28.4g carbs, 19.3g sugar, 0.8g salt

Cheesecake cups with fresh raspberry sauce recipe
By Kate Belcher

Makes 9
Takes 25 minutes to make, plus chilling and cooling

These indivual cheesecakes topped with raspberries are a real winner in the summer.
Posted Image

Ingredients
100g plain chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken up
40g unsalted butter
250g digestive biscuits, crushed
300g tub Philadelphia soft cheese
6 tbsp icing sugar
Juice of 1 orange
250g raspberries, plus extra to decorate

Method

1. Line a muffin tin with 9 paper muffin cases. Put the chocolate and butter into a medium pan over a low heat. Stir occasionally until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits. Spread the mixture evenly across the base and up the sides of each paper case to make a shell. Chill for 15 minutes to firm up.

2. For the cheesecake filling, put the Philadelphia and 4 tablespoons of the icing sugar in a bowl and whisk until smooth – don’t use an electric hand whisk. Add the cream and continue to whisk, gradually adding 2 tablespoons of the orange juice, until soft peaks form. Divide between the cases and chill for 1 hour.

3. Meanwhile, put the raspberries in a pan with the remaining icing sugar and orange juice. Place over a medium heat, stirring to dissolve the icing sugar, then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pass through a fine sieve and discard the pips. Set aside to cool and thicken slightly.

4. Top each cheesecake cup with some extra raspberries and spoon over the raspberry sauce to serve.

Nutritional info
Per serving: 452kcals, 31.4g fat (18.9g saturated), 5.5g protein, 38.8g carbs, 22.2g sugar, 0.7g salt

User is offline   Lunick 

Oh... *bookmarks*

hey look isn't that the same recipe from the other thread?
I love random garbage! Have you been to 4chan /b/? it's the coolest place, I always go there. the only place better is reddit, where memes go to die!

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 07 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

User is offline   Forge 

i would bookmark, but my cholesterol count shot up a hundred points and i got diabetes just from reading the first few

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Colon Semicolon is in damage control beta maximum overdrive. "HUEHUEAHUEA LEL JUST KIDDING GUYS!"

• Weaponized Autism

View PostFox, on 07 February 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

Good idea.

By Debbie Major

Serves 12-16
Takes 40 minutes to make, 2 hours and 15 minutes to cook, plus overnight chilling

This baked cheesecake recipe combines classic British favourite rhubarb with fresh, juicy orange.

Posted Image

Ingredients

1 large orange
250g caster sugar
FOR THE BASE
75g unsalted butter
2 tbsp demerara sugar
FOR TOPPING
Butter for greasing
3 tbsp plain flour
Pinch of salt
400ml soured cream
2 tsp lemon juice

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 110°C/fan 90°C/gas ¼. Wipe the rhubarb stalks clean, trim off the ends and cut the stalks into 5cm pieces. Peel 3 wide strips of zest from the orange and cut them into fine slivers (like pine needles). Halve the orange, then squeeze out and reserve the orange juice.

2. Spread the rhubarb over the base of a large roasting tin and scatter over the orange zest, sugar and orange juice. Cover the tin tightly with foil and bake for 1½ hours. Meanwhile, remove the cream cheese from the fridge and leave it to come to room temperature.

3. Remove the rhubarb from the oven, uncover and carefully lift the pieces onto a baking tray with a fish slice. Leave, slightly raised at one end, to cool and drain. Strain the cooking juices from the roasting tin into a small pan and set aside.

4. Increase the oven temperature to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line the base of a 23-24cm springform cake tin with baking paper. For the base, melt the butter in a medium pan, then stir in the crushed biscuits and demerara sugar. Spoon into the tin and press onto the base (not up the sides) in a thin, even layer. Bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes, then remove and leave to cool. Increase the oven temperature to 240°C/fan 220°C/gas 9.

5. For the topping, grease the sides of the tin with a little butter. Scoop the cream cheese into a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand-held electric mixer for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Beat in the 250g caster sugar, flour, salt, orange zest and juice, followed by the eggs, one at a time, then the yolk. Stir in 200ml soured cream.

6. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the tin, bake for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 110°C/fan 90°C/gas ¼ and bake for a further 30-35 minutes until just set but still quite wobbly in the centre. Turn off the oven, open the door slightly and leave the cheesecake inside to cool.

7. When the cheesecake has cooled, set it aside and preheat the oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/gas 2. Mix the rest of the soured cream with the remaining 1 tbsp sugar and the lemon juice. Arrange most of the drained rhubarb in a single layer over the top of the cheesecake. Spread the soured cream mixture over the top of the rhubarb, then return the cheesecake to the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and leave to cool once more, then cover loosely and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight. Add the juices from the baking tray to the rhubarb cooking juices in the small pan and boil rapidly for 5-6 minutes until slightly reduced and syrupy. Leave to cool, then pour into a small jug and chill alongside the cheesecake.

8. To serve, run a round-bladed knife around the sides of the tin to release the cheesecake, then carefully remove it from the tin. Drizzle over a little of the syrup, then serve cut into wedges with the remaining rhubarb and a little of the syrup spooned around.

Nutritional info
PER SERVING (BASED ON 16) 564kcals, 39.9g fat (23.9g saturated), 5.9g protein, 48.7g carbs, 37.8g sugar, 0.8g salt

By Debbie Major

Serves 8-10
Takes 11/4 hours to make, 11/4 hours to bake, plus cooling and at least 4 hours’ chilling

This baked gooseberry cheesecake will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. It’s also very nice flavoured with vanilla extract, lemon or orange zest. Simply add it to the filling mixture after you’ve added the ginger cordial and continue with the recipe.

Posted Image

Ingredients
Butter, for greasing
225g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
2 tbsp cornflour
5 tbsp ginger cordial
200g tub crème fraîche

For the base
75g butter
100g digestive biscuits
2 tbsp demerara sugar

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/fan130°C/gas 2. Lightly grease and base line a 23cm springform tin with baking paper.

2. Make the base. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Put all the biscuits into a plastic bag and, using a rolling pin, crush until they are fine crumbs. Alternatively, you can whizz them in a food processor. Tip into the pan with the melted butter, add the demerara sugar and mix together well. Using the back of a spoon, press evenly into the base of the tin. Set aside.

3. Beat the cream cheese and 150g caster sugar together in a bowl until smooth. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, followed by the cornflour and 3 tablespoons ginger cordial. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the oven for about 55 minutes, until set with just the slightest hint of a wobble in the centre. Turn off the oven and leave to cool inside – this is what prevents a baked cheesecake from cracking.

4. Meanwhile, put the gooseberries, 25g caster sugar and the remaining ginger cordial into a small saucepan and bring
to a simmer. Cook gently for 5 minutes until they are just soft but still holding their shape. Tip into a sieve set over a bowl and leave to drain. Tip the syrup back into the pan and boil rapidly until reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Tip the gooseberries into the bowl and stir in the syrup. Leave to cool.

5. When the cheesecake has cooled (it doesn’t need to be completely cold), remove it from the oven. Re-set the oven temperature to 150°C/fan130°C/gas 2. Spread the cooked gooseberries evenly over the top of the cheesecake. Mix the crème fraîche with the remaining 50g caster sugar and spread over the top of the gooseberries to cover completely. Return the cheesecake to the oven and cook for a further

15-20 minutes. Again, turn off the oven and leave it to go cold inside. Cover with cling film, then transfer to the fridge for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight, until the crème fraîche has set.

6. Just before serving, carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin and transfer it to a serving plate or board.

Nutritional info
Per serving (based on 10): 606kcals, 43.8g fat (26.5g saturated), 5.8g protein, 50.6g carbs, 39.8g sugar, 0.8g salt

Chef's tip

By Lucy Williams

Serves 10-12

This show-stopping dessert will impress even the most discerning sweet tooth. The tart rhubarb curd rippled through creamy lemon baked cheesecake looks and tastes absolutely gorgeous.
Posted Image

Ingredients
100g mascarpone
150g golden caster sugar
Grated zest of 2 lemons
2 tbsp plain flour
100g soured cream
for the rhubarb curd
2 tbsp grenadine
2 tbsp cornflour
for the base
200g digestive biscuits

Method

1. To make the rhubarb curd, mix the rhubarb, the 50g golden caster sugar and grenadine in a pan. Heat gently for about 12 minutes or until the rhubarb starts to break down. Remove and purée in a food processor, then return to the pan. Mix the cornflour with a little of the rhubarb purée from the pan to make a paste, then return to the pan, bring to the boil and bubble for a minute. Taste and, if it’s too tart, add 1 tbsp more sugar. In a bowl, whisk the yolks with the butter and rhubarb mixture. Cover and cool completely.

2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. To make the base, butter a 22cm x 9cm deep, loose-bottomed sandwich tin and line the base with a circle of baking paper. Drop the digestives into a sealable freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin to fine crumbs. Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the crushed biscuits. Stir until well coated, then spoon over the base of the prepared sandwich tin, pressing down to ensure a firm, even layer. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.

3. To make the cheesecake mixture, beat the mascarpone and cream cheese for 2 minutes with an electric hand mixer until really smooth. Add the sugar and continue to whisk for a couple of minutes more. Beat in the lemon zest and flour, followed by the beaten eggs, a little at a time, then fold through the soured cream.

4. Spoon layers of the cheesecake mixture and rhubarb curd into the tin and ripple the top with a wooden skewer. Bake for 50 minutes until golden with a slight wobble. Turn off the oven and leave inside to cool completely (see tip). Carefully remove from the tin to a serving plate.

Nutritional info

PER SERVING (BASED ON 12) 550kcals, 43g fat (25.6g saturated), 6.6g protein, 32.1g carbs ?(21.6g sugars), 21.6g salt, 0.7g fibre

Chef's tip
Leaving the cheesecake in the turned-off oven will allow it to cool more slowly ?and should therefore stop the surface from cracking.

By Debbie Major

Makes 6

This easy recipe for orange chocolate cheesecakes has magical properties - make the cakes, pop them in a tin and watch them disappear!
Posted Image

Ingredients
25g butter
250g tub mascarpone
100g summer fruits (cherries, strawberries, redcurrants, raspberries or peaches)

Method

1. Line a 6-hole muffin tin with muffin cases. Put the butter and plain chocolate into a pan and heat gently until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and press down lightly with the back of a teaspoon to make even layers. Chill.

2. Break the white chocolate into a heatproof bowl and rest over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and stir until melted. Cool slightly.

3. In a separate bowl, beat the mascarpone with the orange zest, until softened. In another bowl, whip the cream into soft peaks. Mix the white chocolate into the mascarpone, then gently fold in the cream. Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases and chill for 11/2-2 hours or until just firm.

4. To serve, carefully peel the muffin cases away from the cheesecakes and transfer to a plate. Mix the orange juice into the jam. Decorate the cheesecakes with the summer fruits and drizzle with a little of the warmed jam glaze.

By Silvana Franco

Serves 8

A classic baked cheesecake recipe that's a perfect pud for entertaining. Add fresh raspberries or blueberries for a fruity version.
Posted Image

Ingredients
500g ricotta
125g golden caster sugar
250g tub mascarpone
100g ground almonds
2 tbsp cornflour
3 large, free-range eggs
Grated zest of 1 lemon
Handful flaked almonds
Icing sugar, for dusting

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the crushed biscuits into a large bowl, pour over the melted butter and mix well.

2. Pour the crumb mixture into the base of a 20cm non-stick springform cake tin, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, put the vanilla seeds into a large mixing bowl. Add the ricotta, sugar, mascarpone, almonds, cornflour, eggs and lemon zest and beat with an electric hand whisk until smooth. Pour into the prepared tin and scatter with the flaked almonds.

4. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes until golden – it may feel a little wobbly, but it will set as it cools. Turn off the oven, open the door and leave the cheesecake inside until completely cool. Chill for a further hour or more before dusting with icing sugar and serving with fresh cream, if you like.

Nutritional info
Per serving: 599kcals, 42.1g fat (18.2g saturated), 16.4g protein, 24.3g carbs, 32.3g sugar, 0.3g salt

Chef's tip

Wine Recommendation
Ideally, a glass of the fine, classic Italian sweet wine Vin Santo would be wonderful, or try a sip of amber, perfumed Italian Marsala instead.

By Tesco

Serves 6

These low calorie cheesecakes are surprisingly simple and a great way to impress dinner party guests.
Posted Image

Ingredients
5 sheets leaf gelatine
3tbsp caster sugar
1tsp icing sugar

Method

1. For the biscuit base, crush the biscuits in a plastic bag to make fine crumbs.

2. Melt butter in a small pan and stir in the biscuits. Divide between 6 individual silicone cake moulds or cupcake cases and pack down with the end of a rolling pin. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set (put the moulds on a tray so they are easy to move around).

3. Place gelatine in a small pan with 4 tbsps of water. Soak for 10 minutes until softened, then heat very gently until melted. Do not boil. Remove from heat.

4. Put 150g (5oz) strawberries in a food processor or liquidiser with the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. With the machine running, pour on the gelatine in a thin stream until smooth.

6. Make the strawberry sauce by blending another 150g (5oz) of strawberries in a clean food processor or liquidiser with the icing sugar. Blend until smooth. If liked the sauce can be boiled to reduce it and make it jammier in texture.

7. To turn out, run a knife around the inside of each mould and invert onto a tray, peeling off moulds. Top with halved strawberries and coulis.

Nutritional info

Chef's tip
The dish is part of a paid for advertorial by Tesco. See more Tesco recipes on delicious. or visit .

By Lizzie Kamenetzky

Serves 6

Posted Image

Ingredients
40g melted butter
1 tbsp caster sugar
300g cream cheese
200ml double cream
3 tbsp icing sugar
6 passion fruits

Method

1. Crumble 150g ginger shortbread biscuits and mix with 40g melted butter and 1 tbsp caster sugar in a bowl. Spoon into 6 tumblers or bowls and chill in the fridge to firm up.

2. In a bowl, mix 300g cream cheese with 200ml double cream, whipped, 3 tbsp icing sugar and the pulp from 6 passion fruit, reserving a little to decorate.

3. Spoon on top of the biscuit base and decorate with the reserved passion fruit pulp. Chill until ready to serve.

Mojito cheesecake recipe
By Angela Boggiano

Serves 6

These have all the flavours of the classic cocktail: rum, lime, sugar and mint. Deliciously creamy but sharp and light at the same time.
Posted Image

Ingredients
25g butter, melted
4 limes
4 tbsp rum
400g cottage cheese
250g tub mascarpone
150ml whipping cream

Method

1. Break up the almond biscuits: put them in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin (or pulse in a food processor until finely crushed).

2. Stir in the melted butter until combined. Spoon the mixture into 6 glasses, pressing down well. Chill while you make the filling.

3. Finely grate the zest and squeeze the juice from 3 limes. Heat the sugar and 5 tablespoons of water in a s mall saucepan, stirring until dissolved. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes without stirring. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and zest, rum and mint and set aside to cool.

4. Press the cottage cheese through a sieve into a bowl, then beat the mascarpone (or put in a food processor with the mascarpone and whizz until smooth).

5. Strain the lime and mint syrup through a sieve onto the cheese mixture and beat well until smooth and creamy. Spoon on to the biscuit base and chill for at least 1 hour.

6. When ready to serve, beat the whipping cream until thick and put a spoonful on each cheesecake. Slice the remaining lime into thin rounds and the rest in the blobs of cream. Decorate with the extra mint sprigs.

Nutritional info
Per serving: 535 kcals, 32.4g of fat (12g saturated), 14.6g protein, 39.9g carbs, 31.1g sugar, 1.3g salt.

By Lucy Jessop

Serves 4
Ready in 10 minutes

Posted Image

Ingredients
1½ tsp vanilla bean paste (we like Taylor & Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste, from Waitrose)
200ml double cream
200g fresh raspberries

Method

1. In a bowl, beat the cheese with the vanilla paste and icing sugar using a hand-held electric mixer. Beat in the cream until smooth and thick, then stir in the raspberries, reserving some to top the pots.

2. Cut the Bonne Maman chocolate cakes into quarters and divide the pieces equally among 4 tumblers or dessert glasses. Top each with a spoonful of the raspberry cream cheese, then sprinkle with the toasted, chopped hazelnuts and the reserved raspberries.

Nutritional info
Per serving: 689kcals, 61.8g fat (35.5g saturated), 3.9g protein, 29.1g carbs, 22.6g sugar, 0.4g salt

By Silvana Franco

Serves 12

We adore this wonderfully luxurious cheesecake recipe. The richness is lifted by pockets of blueberry juiciness.
Posted Image

Ingredients
1 vanilla pod
400g mascarpone
350g cream cheese
125g caster sugar
2 tbsp cornflour
3 free-range eggs
300g blueberries

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease a deep, 24cm non-stick springform cake tin with butter. Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and spoon into the tin. Pat down evenly and firmly with the back of a metal spoon to form the base. Chill for 10 minutes.

2. Split the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a small knife (keep the pod for making vanilla sugar). Put the seeds in a large bowl with the mascarpone, cream cheese, caster sugar, cornflour, eggs and orange zest. Using an electric whisk, beat until well blended.

3. Stir all but a handful of the blueberries into the mixture and pour it into the tin. Put the tin on a baking sheet, then scatter over the remaining blueberries, pushing them into the mixture. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden brown and almost set – it will still be a little wobbly in the centre but will firm up as it cools. Open the oven door, but leave the cheesecake to cool inside the oven before removing it from the tin. Chill, covered, for a few hours or overnight, then serve.

Nutritional info

Per serving: 458kcals, 35.2g fat (22.4g saturated), 5.9g protein, 28.1g carbs (18.5g sugars), 0.6g salt, trace fibre

Chef's tip
This cheesecake benefits from a night in the fridge, so make it a day ahead if possible. Serve with a drizzle of single cream.

By delicious. team

Serves 10-12.

This baked cheesecake is classic dessert. Cook it the day before to give it time to set.
Posted Image

Ingredients
For the base
200g digestive biscuits
25g golden caster sugar
1 tsp sea salt
For the filling
200g golden caster sugar
300ml tub soured cream
3 large free-range eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g plain flour, sifted

Method

1. To make the base, whizz the biscuits in a food processor to fine crumbs, or put them in a sealed plastic food bag wrapped in a tea towel and crush with a rolling pin. Tip into a medium bowl and mix with the 25g sugar, the salt and melted butter. Press the mixture evenly into a greased 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin, then chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.

2. To make the filling, mix the cream cheese, sugar and 200ml of the soured cream together in a medium bowl until smooth – don’t overbeat. Gently beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla. Fold in the flour to form a smooth batter.

3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Remove the tin from the fridge and spoon the filling over the base. Put the tin on a baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes until the top is golden, set at the edges but just wobbly in the middle. Leave to cool completely in the tin. When cool, transfer to the fridge to set for at least 3 hours or overnight.

Nutritional info
PER SERVING (based on 12) 522kcals, 40.6g fat (24g saturated), 6g protein, 33g carbs (22.1g sugars), 2g salt, 0.2g fibre

Chef's tip
Make the base, then fill and cook it the day before serving to give it time to set. Top with the soured cream the next day.

By Debbie Major

Serves 8
Takes 25 minutes to make, 45 minutes to cook, plus overnight straining and cooling

Cheesecakes aren't usually considered a healthy dessert, but this Greek baked yogurt version is lower in calories and fat than most others.
Posted Image

Ingredients
1 large free-range egg
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp vanilla extract

For the base
50g Grape-Nuts
½ tsp ground cinnamon

Method

1. For the cheesecake filling, put the cottage cheese into a food processor and blend until smooth. Stir in the yogurt and spoon the mixture into a muslin-lined sieve set over a bowl. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for 24 hours to drain away the excess liquid.

2. Next day, preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3. For the base, mix all the ingredients together and press into a lightly greased 18cm round loose-bottomed tin. Set aside.

3. Tip the yogurt mixture into a clean bowl, discarding the liquid. Beat in the honey, egg, cornflour and vanilla. Pour onto the base and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes until the edges are set but the centre is still slightly wobbly. Turn off the oven, leave the door ajar and allow the cheesecake to cool inside.

4. Carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin. Sprinkle with the toasted walnuts, drizzle with honey, cut into wedges, then serve.

Nutritional info
Per serving: 248kcals, 9.1g fat (2.8g saturated), 16.9g protein, 25.4g carbs, 11.8g sugar, 0.7g salt

Chef's tip
Certain cultures in yogurt may also help to boost immunity and keep the digestive system healthy by increasing helpful bacteria in the gut.

By delicious. team

Serves 10-12

Posted Image

Ingredients
100g digestive biscuits
100g Hobnob biscuits
into pieces
750g cream cheese
300ml double cream
100g icing sugar
Cocoa powder to dust

Method

1. Put the biscuits in a plastic bag, then crush with a rolling pin. Melt the butter and 50g chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (don’t allow the water to touch the bowl), then stir in the crushed biscuits.

2. Grease the base of a 23cm spring-form cake tin, with the side ring unclasped. Line the base with baking paper, allowing the paper to hang outside the edge of the base. Fasten the clasp of the tin so that the paper hangs outside the clipped base (you will need this for leverage later on) and grease the sides liberally. Press the biscuit crumbs into the base and chill until needed.

3. Put the cream cheese in a bowl and beat with a spatula. In a clean bowl, lightly whip the cream with the icing sugar, then add to the softened cream cheese, beating until smooth. Add the Baileys and stir well. (Don’t chill at this point.)

4. Put the remaining chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and melt. Set aside to cool to room temperature.

5. Remove the base from the fridge. Dollop the cheesecake mixture on top and smooth with a palette knife. Drizzle over the melted chocolate, swirling it with a skewer.

6. Chill for at least 2 hours. To serve, release the cheesecake by running a hot knife around the inside of the tin before unclipping, then use the paper to lift the cake out of the tin and slide onto a serving plate. Peel off the paper and dust with cocoa powder.

Nutritional info
Per serving (based on 12): 648kcals, 57.7g fat (35.5g saturated), 4.1g protein, 28.4g carbs, 19.3g sugar, 0.8g salt

By Kate Belcher

Makes 9

These indivual cheesecakes topped with raspberries are a real winner in the summer.
Posted Image

Ingredients
40g unsalted butter
6 tbsp icing sugar
Juice of 1 orange

Method

1. Line a muffin tin with 9 paper muffin cases. Put the chocolate and butter into a medium pan over a low heat. Stir occasionally until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits. Spread the mixture evenly across the base and up the sides of each paper case to make a shell. Chill for 15 minutes to firm up.

2. For the cheesecake filling, put the Philadelphia and 4 tablespoons of the icing sugar in a bowl and whisk until smooth – don’t use an electric hand whisk. Add the cream and continue to whisk, gradually adding 2 tablespoons of the orange juice, until soft peaks form. Divide between the cases and chill for 1 hour.

3. Meanwhile, put the raspberries in a pan with the remaining icing sugar and orange juice. Place over a medium heat, stirring to dissolve the icing sugar, then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pass through a fine sieve and discard the pips. Set aside to cool and thicken slightly.

4. Top each cheesecake cup with some extra raspberries and spoon over the raspberry sauce to serve.

Nutritional info
Per serving: 452kcals, 31.4g fat (18.9g saturated), 5.5g protein, 38.8g carbs, 22.2g sugar, 0.7g salt

I approve this post.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostThe Real Slim Flibble, on 07 February 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

Outside is scary, books are boring, and having a job sucks.

Are you saying there's other stuff... outside the house? Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMicky C, on 08 February 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

Are you saying there's other stuff... outside the house? Posted Image

You go to school, don't try to act slick here :(

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Correction; University Posted Image Surrounded by thousands of babes Posted Image Of which literally 99% are in other courses Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Clearly you are not trying hard enough.

Example A:
Posted Image

This would make you a ladykiller.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostFox, on 07 February 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

Good idea.

By Debbie Major

Serves 12-16

Posted Image

Ingredients

1 large orange
250g caster sugar
FOR THE BASE
75g unsalted butter
2 tbsp demerara sugar
FOR TOPPING
Butter for greasing
3 tbsp plain flour
Pinch of salt
400ml soured cream
2 tsp lemon juice

Method

Nutritional info

By Debbie Major

Serves 8-10

Posted Image

Ingredients
Butter, for greasing
225g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
2 tbsp cornflour
5 tbsp ginger cordial
200g tub crème fraîche

For the base
75g butter
100g digestive biscuits
2 tbsp demerara sugar

Method

Nutritional info

Chef's tip

By Lucy Williams

Serves 10-12

Posted Image

Ingredients
100g mascarpone
150g golden caster sugar
Grated zest of 2 lemons
2 tbsp plain flour
100g soured cream
for the rhubarb curd
2 tbsp grenadine
2 tbsp cornflour
for the base
200g digestive biscuits

Method

Nutritional info

Chef's tip

By Debbie Major

Makes 6

Posted Image

Ingredients
25g butter
250g tub mascarpone

Method

By Silvana Franco

Serves 8

Posted Image

Ingredients
500g ricotta
125g golden caster sugar
250g tub mascarpone
100g ground almonds
2 tbsp cornflour
3 large, free-range eggs
Grated zest of 1 lemon
Handful flaked almonds
Icing sugar, for dusting

Method

Nutritional info

Chef's tip

Wine Recommendation

By Tesco

Serves 6

Posted Image

Ingredients
5 sheets leaf gelatine
3tbsp caster sugar
1tsp icing sugar

Method

Nutritional info

Chef's tip

By Lizzie Kamenetzky

Serves 6

Posted Image

Ingredients
40g melted butter
1 tbsp caster sugar
300g cream cheese
200ml double cream
3 tbsp icing sugar
6 passion fruits

Method

Mojito cheesecake recipe
By Angela Boggiano

Serves 6

Posted Image

Ingredients
25g butter, melted
4 limes
4 tbsp rum
400g cottage cheese
250g tub mascarpone
150ml whipping cream

Method

Nutritional info

By Lucy Jessop

Serves 4
Ready in 10 minutes

Posted Image

Ingredients
200ml double cream
200g fresh raspberries

Method

Nutritional info

By Silvana Franco

Serves 12

Posted Image

Ingredients
1 vanilla pod
400g mascarpone
350g cream cheese
125g caster sugar
2 tbsp cornflour
3 free-range eggs
300g blueberries

Method

Nutritional info

Chef's tip

By delicious. team

Serves 10-12.

Posted Image

Ingredients
For the base
200g digestive biscuits
25g golden caster sugar
1 tsp sea salt
For the filling
200g golden caster sugar
300ml tub soured cream
3 large free-range eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g plain flour, sifted

Method

Nutritional info

Chef's tip

By Debbie Major

Serves 8

Posted Image

Ingredients
1 large free-range egg
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp vanilla extract

For the base
50g Grape-Nuts
½ tsp ground cinnamon

Method

Nutritional info

Chef's tip

By delicious. team

Serves 10-12

Posted Image

Ingredients
100g digestive biscuits
100g Hobnob biscuits
into pieces
750g cream cheese
300ml double cream
100g icing sugar
Cocoa powder to dust

Method

Nutritional info

By Kate Belcher

Makes 9

Posted Image

Ingredients
40g unsalted butter
6 tbsp icing sugar
Juice of 1 orange

Method

Nutritional info

Need more recipes!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options