Duke4.net Forums: [WIP] FRAY on EARTH - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[WIP] FRAY on EARTH  "A mod powered by eDuke32"

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

"FRAY on EARTH", oh I get it now.

He must be from the DOOM/troll community.

User is offline   Cage 

Kinda shame now that I think of it - being 13 years old is an awesome age to start doing stuff, music, art, games/modding etc., unfortunately, usually one's an idiot in this age (speaking from experience :()

In the old days, I made my "mod" too, which pretty much was a giant rip-fest (released here for shits and giggles a while ago), but I did my rips myself, did some sprite edits/new sprites, some con hacks and all maps were new. It was a good learning experience, maybe not that much in skills (If I started doing scratch art at the time I'd be at least 2-3 years "of practice" further by now, though), but it opened me up for inner workings of things and ideas behind game/mod development.

Then again, if you're scared of effort and can't accept the challenge of doing something (even when you're very excited either about the process or results) then you are doomed to failure. Not just in on-line community for a 15+ year old game, but in life in general.

View PostDaedolon, on 06 February 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

He must be from the DOOM/troll community.

Aren't you a little too harsh? No idea about the others, but most folks at Zdoom.org are perfectly fine!

This post has been edited by Cage: 07 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

You know what they say; youth is wasted on the young.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostCage, on 07 February 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

Aren't you a little too harsh?

I always am. (not relevant to this issue).

For relevancy, I'm just mirroring my own experiences into words.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options