Duke4.net Forums: Help! - Online play with YANG (or at all)? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help! - Online play with YANG (or at all)?

User is offline   Steambull 

The problem: Once the game launches, my Duke explodes (my friend can play normally), I can look around and shoot but at the same time the game tells me to respawn by pushing "open." When I do, I explode again.

If nobody has any idea why this happens, is there any other way to play Duke online using Eduke32?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Firstly make sure you're using this version of eduke32 which is supposed to be the best version using the old multiplayer code: http://forums.duke4....-eduke32-oldmp/

I think there are other clients out there like Meltdown (?) Anyway if the above doesn't work, then your only 2 other real options are to wait for eduke32's new multiplayer to be finished, or buy some copies of Megaton on sale (they're usually $2.50 on sale which is reasonable). Too bad MetHy uploaded all your maps, otherwise you could have asked Termit for a free Megaton key to upload them, and then used it for multiplayer.

User is offline   Steambull 

I'll try that EDuke version... and if it won't work, I'll dig up Rancidmeat and DukesterX :( As far as I've understood, Megaton does not support 8bpp modes, and I can't stand it any other way. Anyway, thanks.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Both DukesterX and Rancid Meat are dead. If you really want to go down that old school path (which I can understand, that's the path I went down as well!), then consider grabbing XDuke and HDuke, which are both based off Rancid Meat.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options