Duke4.net Forums: SC-55 Instruments Messed Up. Solution? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SC-55 Instruments Messed Up. Solution?

hey guys i was testing midis with my SC-55 and the instruments are not playing correctly can anyone help?

That could be caused by any number of problems...it depends how the instruments are "messed up". Too reverby? Crackly? Stuck notes? Notes not playing? I've never owned a real SC-55, so I probably won't be of much help, though I'd assume there is a setting or error or something that is interfering with the playback.

Hey i wonder if MusicallyInspired would help but i have problems with my SC-55 the drums are always on Electronic and sometimes the guitars change to Drum Sets on certain MIDI files

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Is this in-game or are you playing the MIDIs in a player? Because the Duke3D MIDI files contain double and sometimes triple channels for multiple devices which use different instrument patches. Well, the Lee Jackson tracks do. I don't think the Robert Prince tracks do. The duplicate channels are for GM, GUS, and FM.

As for the perma-electronic drums and changing instrument sounds. That's weird. No idea.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 18 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

During playthroughs with an SC-55, it can happen that notes get stuck and/or whole instruments sound incorrectly.

In that case you need to reset your SC-55 to default settings. In order to do that, you must turn on the synth while keeping both "INSTRUMENT" arrow bottons (upper right) pressed. "ALL" button will flash then. Press it and music should sound properly after that.

Unfortunately, this needs to be done from time to time.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 22 January 2014 - 06:50 AM

As NightFright said, you will have to reset the SC-55 from time to time unfortunately, but there are some MIDI files I have run through my own personal SC-55 that tend to not play right so it could be the limitations of the device itself causing the issue.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options